Does anyone DISlike the ProPoly Luxeons?

Do you like the ProPoly Luxeons?

• I have the 3C, and I dislike it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BUZ

Enlightened
I love mine, I have purchased over a dozen for friends and family members! I own one of each but my favorite is the 4aa luxeon with some energizer 2500's! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 4AA Streamlight ProPoly Luxeon when they were first introduced and have been using it ever since. It is an excellent value and performs flawlessly. Bought another one as a gift for my brother and he likes his 4AA ProPoly, too.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a few and gave a couple as gifts to non flashaholicsThe yellow Pro Poly 4AA Luxeon looks innocent enough, to the uninformed...
then the power goes on and the WOW :naughty: factor occurs. Then talk of regulation, and people start to get the idea....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I woulda sworn I already posted in this thread!

My 4AA ROCKS! In total PITCH dark, I saw everything with it that a SF P60 on fresh 123s did. And it will be just as bright 4 hours hence when P60 will have been dark for 3!!!

It has nice tint and a great spot/corona/spill beam!

My more recently acquired 3C has spot/very small corona/spill and a much more blueish tint. It's still a damn fine light!

If I could afford to I'd give 'em for gifts!

BUZ

Enlightened
On my PP 4aa 7 led the bezel gets quite warm after about 15 to 20 minutes anyone else notice this, I have left the light on for hours on end with no problems just found it a little strange that it gets so warm! :thinking:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is on the Lux model but yeah, the 7 LED model will get pretty dog gone hot if left on. It's been reported to burn out a few LED's if left on for long periods with a fresh set of batteries too. I hear they begin to pulse when they fail. I've had no trouble with mine. And I use them all the time.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have reservations about it being plastic, I think metal lasts better if you want to keep for a very long time ( think decades )

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the best 4AA(Luxeon) unit I've got and the includes my Pelican with the parabolic in the head! But I think it's output is more than a wat though.
chiphead

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
etc, you should totally get a ProPoly. You'd see that it isn't just "plastic." When they say "ProPolymer," they definitely mean it. It's very solid.

I got mine in January, and it's still on its original Energizers. Unbelievable.

Newuser01

Enlightened
Vote: Love it!

What else can I say about this more than most of the posters already said???

Oh......If they re-do how the batteries are loaded. If that was changed to something along the line of loading the aa's from the rear? (not unlike shotgun!) would make the light perfect and I would buy 10 of those just for me!!

Hahaha......
Happy pp'ing folks....

Regards.

saildude

Newly Enlightened
have 3 of the 4AA Luxons - one is always with me when night boating - loaned them out a few times - very very hard to get them back! :) - a couple of friends did buy their own and finally gave me back mine - another one sits in the car -

mb

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I loved the one that I used to own. :mecry: Its beam was white and bright with a lovely spot....

Just a few days after I received my 4AA in the mail, my 12 yr. old nephew came over to the house and happened to notice it sitting on my computer desk. He immediately pointed to it and goes, "Get a new light?" Upon picking it up, he immediately starts waving it around the room like a lightsaber. :grin2: And even though he didn't say anything, you could tell that he was hoping that I would let him have it..

Later that day, my Mom called me and reminded me that his birthday was just a few days away. And since I had totally forgot about it, I knew right then and there the perfect gift to give him. :D

To this day, he still gushes about that light. In fact, I have given him a couple more lights since then, and that Propoly is still his favorite..

And now, reading this thread, I am starting to want another one for myself... :sssh:

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Schuey2002 --

You did a very noble thing ! :thumbsup:

Besides, now you can buy the brand-new Cree version,
once Streamlight finally gets off their A$$, and upgrades !

:sleepy:

_

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I'll be the one. I don't have one, and I don't like them. Nothing to badmouth the light about, I just don't don't like the looks, the shape, the material, etc. It might be a fine light, but I wouldn't be interested at any price point. Not a rant, just find them ugly. - Larry

Kwijybow

Newly Enlightened
I certainly have liked them very much. For several years I've used them as bike lights, since they have an excellent beam and very good runtime. Nowadays they have been supplanted by newer Fenix lights. My only issue has been that over time road shock eventually causes the plastic contact plate at the back of the module to break and make the light inoperative until I repair it. My current plan is to make a bridging rectifier circuit for my generator hub, and use the LED and reflector without the circuit board.

Take Care,
Nelson.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
to Schuey2002 --

You did a very noble thing ! :thumbsup:

Besides, now you can buy the brand-new Cree version,
once Streamlight finally gets off their A$$, and upgrades !

:sleepy:

_
Thanks.

I went and bought a yellow 4AA on Ebay just a few minutes ago. If and when they come out with a Cree version, I'll have to get one of those, too.. :naughty:

theforester

Newly Enlightened
The 3C was my first LED flashlight purchase. I was quite wary of any flashlights other than maglites at the time and was unsure about Streamlight's ProPoly line initially. After reading the reviews about it on flashlightreviews a few times (hadn't found CPF yet) I caved and bought one for me and one for my step-father.

Talk about a WOW factor :naughty: I had no Idea LEDs had come that far. I have had it for close to a year now and am very happy with it's performance thus far. Mine has a little bit of blue tint to it as well as a few rings in the beam pattern, but it is unbelievably bright for a Lux 1 and has great throw as well. Overall I'd say it's a darn fine light.:thumbsup:

BTW, Does anyone know if it is overdriven? Sucker's brighter than my Fenix L2T on high!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best friend is pretty outdoorsy, so after giving him an E0 for keychain EDC, I gave him a 3C and then later a 4AA. He recently got a job delivering pizzas, and he's very happy using the 3C to read addresses.

All the ProPoly needs to catapult it back into popularity is the widespread use or availability of Seoul mods. I plan to try Seouling a 3C at some point.

Latest posts