Doesn't this look sweet!

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Doesn\'t this look sweet!

I think it's Lambda, not Lambada.

I believe Lambda get his flashlight bodies from TNC CP and modifies or builds the super lights with them.

Hunterson,

How much did you pay for it? Could you show us a beamshot? Is the reflector custom designed for the LuxIII or is it adapted from the the 1W or the 5W?

I know the 1W uses the Frean while the 5W uses a custom reflector.

Have you done a runtime test with light yet? I'd like to know how long it lasts since it's not regulated.

Billson

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello EvilLithiumMan,

I was just in contact with Chris yesterday (TnC) and asked him what the repair cost for a damaged LED would be. (Different project involving batteries that may overdrive the LED). He quoted me $35 if I sent my head in.

So after a year if the LED gets used up, you can just have it replaced with a new one for a nominal fee.

I have the HyperLux V and love it.

He is also working on a rechargeable Li-Ion battery pack that sounds interesting.

Tom

Wiz

Newly Enlightened

Shame it has no regulator. One of the big attractions for me with LEDs is getting the full brightness for the working life of the batteries and many others are regulated. Still, I guess that is reflected in the price. It will be really interesting to see how the output varies over what period when you get it...

springnr

Enlightened

CR123s sorta self regulate as they discharge pretty linear and three 123s with the voltage sag from a LuxV load run just fine. I like my Hyper-Lux V.

Edit
Duh! I just noticed y'all are talking about the LuxIII version of this light. 6V to 3.6V does benefit from regulation.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hunterson.... some beamshots would be very nice (compared with a LIII light using a PR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You will only have the LIII version?

Free

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
Hey,Free.How about a beam shot or comparison beam shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you want to see? I don't have a 3W version of the Hyperlux, but I do have an FT-3C.

cool4light

Newly Enlightened

nice light. must read up on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif
a cool flashligt will never fail to catch my attention.