Don't you just hate it when you've misplaced a flashlight and can't find it anymore?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Misplaced":ironic:
I use that word all the time. I never actually lose anything, but I do a lot of searching!

jdb

Newly Enlightened
I recently moved some stuff around my room and within 15 minutes of remembering using it, my Quark 123 is gone. No idea where it is now.
and do you recover it ?

it was perhaps into one of the stuff you moved...:)

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost my favorite light, a red anno Peak 2005 CPF Special [Peak Rainier], for about three months because I hid it from my three kids and couldn't find it. Found it about two weeks ago - what a relief.

Still missing is a 4AA ProPoly [how can something that big and yellow be missing?], and some diffuser film I got from the Marketplace.

I rarely "loose" thiings, but when I do it really eats me.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
"Don't you just hate it when you've misplaced a flashlight and can't find it anymore? "

It could be worse, your could misspell flashlight with an "e" :)

- Vikas

Hacken

Enlightened
I recently moved some stuff around my room and within 15 minutes of remembering using it, my Quark 123 is gone. No idea where it is now.

Today, I lost my Maratac AAA.

you're not alone. I recently gave my wife my Fenix TK11 along with a AW 18650 battery in it and she lost it and she has no clue where she last seen it :thinking: so I just placed a order on one of those EagleTac T20C2 yesterday.

Last edited:

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
I've lost my E2e several times in public and fortunately it was recovered every time.

But I think my craziest lost flashlight moment is when for two months I couldn't the largest light in my collection...my mag 6d with a terralux 300m. I tore up my house and workshop with no success. I finally turned up in my 4 year old daughter's toy box (it's her favorite).

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sometimes happen that I can't find some of my light, but usually I find it after a while. One time I couldn't find my very first LED-flashlight, it is a Ledlenser 3AAA. I wanted to compare it to my new Fenix L1D. After several times searching I stated: "either I have lost it or I will find it next time I move".
The time went and after a year or so it was time to move to another city.
A friend of mine who helped me with the moving (awared of my flashlight interest) suddenly said: "this seems to be a nice light" and when I looked he held the Ledlenser 3AAA in his hand!

But I think my craziest lost flashlight moment is when for two months I couldn't the largest light in my collection...my mag 6d with a terralux 300m. I tore up my house and workshop with no success. I finally turned up in my 4 year old daughter's toy box (it's her favorite).

Yes that was surely unusual! Normally it's a relation between the frequency of misplacing/losting flashlights and their size. I cannot recall any time I have not found my Mag6D...:thinking:

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have misplaced my Surefire L7. Don't have a clue where. It may have been in the car when it was broken into. I have made three sweeps around the house and have come up empty so far. :shrug:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I can't locate one 17500 and one 17670 protected cell that I have.

I know where one of each is. I know where all my 18650 are.

But them 17xxx cells are hidin' good!

EDIT: Found a 17670! Now only one 17500 sneaking around.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
:bumpit:
My prized LD01 / SL SP 2xAAA fell out of my vest pocket at the gym last night. I called ~1hr later, a staff member checked and they didn't see it. I'll look around the area tomorrow & check the lost & found but I wonder if it already has a new owner. :sick:

I miss it already, I use that light pretty much every day. And the Duraloop LSD's in the light might be headed for the garbage once they run out as well. :sigh:

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
I've lost 3 NDI Silver's and it makes me sick.

2 of them were lost in hotels in Nevada (including #13 the best of the bunch), one fell out of a a pocket getting out of the car in town.

What really bothers me is that when a non flashaholic finds them, they are going to assume they are pretty & well built, but under powered (the head was set to low) & will probabally never figure out what they picked up.

Losing #13 in Reno still bothers me (as did the time at the blackjack tables) because it was such a great light & a birthday present. I still cuss the cheap clip that broke on the lanyard.

Happy story was finding a D-Mini I thought I'd lost, #35 of 250 of the original brass & nickel limited editions. It was on the nightstand under a couple pieces of mail. Thought I'd never see it again & would be hard to replace.

lovenhim

Enlightened
I know it is only a Maglite, but I could not find my AA Maglite with Maglite branded LED drop in. I just found it while cleaning a few minutes a go. :) That and a 7 year old Inova X5. Guess what, the LED Minimag is much brighter, go figure. :)

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
its easy to lose a small light, thats why i only buy cheaper small lights,

my more expensive lights are to big to lose.

edit : my 1000th post, that means i can buy new light right :candle:

McShawn

Enlightened
YES it sucks i still cannot find my MJP extreme micro cr2 light I must have another one i alway carried it as a back up to my surefire titan. We need another run of extreme micro cr2 lights.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Things in our house do get in our way if you don't need it but if you need it all of a sudden you cannot find them everywhere. You even lost your temper finding it and saying to yourself "if I don't want you I always see you around but now I need you, you disappear like a smoke". That happen to my incan light before but now it's been replaced with led.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luckily I haven't misplaced any of my lights..yet.
I have lost plenty of knives though. One SAK I have comes and goes at it pleases. I received it as a gift about 15 years ago, I've had it in my possession for about a year of that time. I used it, lose it, repeat.

I suspect a tritium vial grew legs and wondered off recently. I placed it in a spot where I thought I had a ridiculously low likelyhood of losing it. I went to bed it was there, woke up and gone! I hope he comes back soon.