double-you bush and his plastic turkey (bird)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I wasn't responding to the guy. I'm not religious, so I can't be baised. His writing is obviously pro-Israel, and all I wanted to do was point out that both Chomsky and he are biased (one being pro-Palestine and the other being pro-Israel).

Just because he selects facts from various sources doesn't mean he's some objective judger of what Chomsky said. Just like how if you and I were arguing a point, we'd find different articles from the same "news" site to back up our own biases.

About progpaganda...my dictionary says:

"The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause."

pedalinbob thinks us attacking Iraq is good. He tries to prove it with images of dead people (cleverly tapping into our emotions...how demagoguery!) and how we saved their country. That's propaganda.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
hawkhkg11 said:
... I'm not religious, so I can't be baised. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawk, please accept the fact that you, me, and every living being in the world is biased.

Bias is not a bad thing in itself (I am using the first part of this definition "A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment." and the always favorite engineering based definition: "The fixed voltage applied to an electrode.").

You have a bias towards your world view--and I accept that (not that you need any validation from me), and I enjoy learning about it. I may not agree with it--but I don't dismiss it either (when backed by discussion/facts/opinions of depth).

For me, when a full, on thread discussion take place, I find that I learn. In the end, the only opinions/bias that I have control over is my own (with my wife's permission /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Take care,
-Bill

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
[ QUOTE ]
hawkhkg11 said:
I'm not religious, so I can't be baised.

Did you not just say that in effect that you are biased aganist being religious?

It also seems to me that your attemps to espouse your beliefs in this forum (a large group vs one-on-one)is a form of propaganda.

Empath

Flashaholic
Well, Hawk, here's one more thread you managed to get closed down. Now don't think it's what you said. Indeed, even opinions such as yours can be voiced. However, your actions are not simply a matter of speaking your opinion. Your actions are an attempt to use CPF as a vehicle to promote your political agenda. Nearly every thread that touches on a political topic gets hijacked by your campaign. It's of course your right, to campaign for your political agenda. But, it's not your right in CPF, nor is it fair to others to have their threads directed repeatedly in the same direction that you so often obsessively take them. We will not continue to permit you to hijack thread for your political agenda, and we certainly will not permit you to redefine CPF as a political soapbox for your agenda.

The Cafe is here to discuss matters not pertaining to flashlights or topical to it's many forums. What it is not, is a soapbox for you to dominate with your same negative political philosophies over and over and over.

With that in mind, should it continue, I really don't see you sticking around, ol' buddy. True, you'll likely use the fact that you've been expelled from the group to loudly claim a unpopular political preference got you banned. Now, why would I think that? Because I don't think you've demonstrated enough wisdom to comprehend the difference between political expression and political campaigning. Suffice it to say that this will likely be the last thread you'll get closed down.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.