• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

DriverVN3 and DriverVNX3 Development

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol that's like valet mode for your light. Awesome idea for those of us with kids.
My wife nearly beats me on the head when she catches my son shining a 2000+lumen light.
Yeah, that is an excellent idea! My wife yells at me too. He figured out the button and gets it going in high... Only has the light under my supervision, but tired of taking it from him and putting it back to low.

Maybe the max level at 20. 40 can be 300 lumen which is pretty high for a kid mode.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm liking these modes. As ven says, it's flashlight and usage dependent. For instance, when hiking or around camp, I would use a multi-mode setting with no memory and always starting low. But, I carry a second light around my neck and also sleep with it in my hammock. The second light is set for 100%-strobe. It's for perceived danger only; no messing with modes!

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's looking pretty good. I'm sure no matter how many options I had I would never have the exact mode I wanted. Just a matter of finding group modes that will work for the majority of different lights and their intended uses.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm liking these modes. As ven says, it's flashlight and usage dependent. For instance, when hiking or around camp, I would use a multi-mode setting with no memory and always starting low. But, I carry a second light around my neck and also sleep with it in my hammock. The second light is set for 100%-strobe. It's for perceived danger only; no messing with modes!

Its crazy but most of my customers report that they ACTUALLY change the modes all the time according to what they are doing. I just set 3 modes and I call it a day on all my lights LOL.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its crazy but most of my customers report that they ACTUALLY change the modes all the time according to what they are doing. I just set 3 modes and I call it a day on all my lights LOL.
Wow! Didn't think people would changes groups so often.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Didn't think people would changes groups so often.

I have a lot of outdoor guys. Some really beat the crap out of their lights. There are several guys that send back the same beat up host 2-3 times everytime there is an upgrade. I guess you can become attached to your favorite tools.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
One time a guy told me he dropped a brand new C22Cvn that he had clipped to himself while climbing in the dark. While do people climb in the dark? I don't get it. Anyhow, all he had left was a HL55vn and a D25Cvn. He said both got him through LOL.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the obstacle to adding a long press from off for moonlight and say a double click from off for Max?

This would then open up so many more sequences for us moonlight and high power guys. [emoji7]

You got anything on this Vinh? Just curious.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been curious about this in general. From the random references I've tried to understand, it sounds to me like rear clicky switches vs. electronic side switches are horses of two different colors. But then again, I'm mostly color blind, so this means nothing!
:)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah - it's a dumb on/off switch as opposed to an electronic switch which would be the vnx driver.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
For the DriverVNX, I like the idea of hidden first and last modes, accessible from long press and double click. (For me they would be a sub-lumen ML and 100.) also, double click would advance to hidden last mode from either off or on. Given that I like levels to be moonlight-indoor-outdoor-max, one leveling proposal would be:

ML ** 2 - 10 - 30 ** 100

And what I would like more than anything is a way to access the hidden last mode without memorizing, via double-click-and-hold (from either off or on).

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Like I said there will be a complicated driver to suit the sophisticated. However I want DriverVNX3 to be main stream for everyone. Too many combination of presses only complicate things especially for someone simple like me.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like I said there will be a complicated driver to suit the sophisticated. However I want DriverVNX3 to be main stream for everyone. Too many combination of presses only complicate things especially for someone simple like me.
Oh OK. Was not sure. Toy maker driver the more complex one?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Oh OK. Was not sure. Toy maker driver the more complex one?

I am not sure what the complicated driver will be based on yet. I have at least a couple options to consider for the future.

Trying to get DriverVN3 out ASAP

DriverVNX3 still needs more development so that will follow after