E-series compatible parts info thread (2013)

MMD

Enlightened
Does anyone know if an Malkoff MD2 body will be compatible with surefire e series head?

MMD

Enlightened
Thanks. I'm still looking for an 18650 body to put an e series head on. Thinking about this but wondering what else is out there.

No, it is not. The Malkoff MDC AA and CR123 bodies are compatible with E-series heads.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old FM 18650 body, very hard to find... he also had 18500 and 18350 in the same style:

Some Surefire lego to get 18650 body with c-tailcap... doesn't play nice with incan bezels but KL4 and KX2C look nice on it:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: E-series compatible parts info thread...

Those vital gear fb bodies, I see they're e-head compatible, but always see them with their own tail caps- I'm guessing their tail caps are not surefire e tailcap compatible?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tana [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Middle: FireKylin LX1 head (XRE & DX low voltage driver, original setup) on cubebike's 2xAA e-series HA body with Surefire tailcap[/FONT]

Hi Tana and thanks for the pictures! I just want to say that this kind of AA-tube is exactly what I am searching for. Especially in 1AA format. It would be great to Malkoff VME head! Is something like that available today?

Yes me too, that would be perfect, the cubebike body. Straight tube, swappable e tail & head compatible, no permanent clip attachment like on sf's (otherwise I'd like the e2l-aa). I assume the 2 Aa's cubebike's are not easily available. Old thread. But any other custom 2aa bodies with the above characteristics?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks. I'm still looking for an 18650 body to put an e series head on.

.... wondering what else is out there.

Leef made C-to-E 18650 tubes, but discontinued and somewhat difficult to find.

If budget is high, custom makers have produced titanium "split-body" 18650 E-series tubes ... TranquillityBase and Moddoo.

Mirage_Man also made split-body 18650 tube (in aluminum), but now very very rare.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Those vital gear fb bodies, I see they're e-head compatible, but always see them with their own tail caps- I'm guessing their tail caps are not surefire e tailcap compatible?
Yes me too, that would be perfect, the cubebike body. Straight tube, swappable e tail & head compatible, no permanent clip attachment like on sf's (otherwise I'd like the e2l-aa). I assume the 2 Aa's cubebike's are not easily available. Old thread. But any other custom 2aa bodies with the above characteristics?

VitalGear switch assembly is proprietary (not interchangeable).

Balrog tubes are similar to cubebike, and were produced in several sizes, even longer ago. DSpeck UBH was also similar, and also long out of production.

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast

VitalGear switch assembly is proprietary (not interchangeable).

Balrog tubes are similar to cubebike, and were produced in several sizes, even longer ago. DSpeck UBH was also similar, and also long out of production.

I think the UBH's are still available. I bought one within the last year. I like the fact it came with several dummy cells for various battery configurations.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

^that is a nice touch, spacers included. THanks for the info guys, of course archimedes knows them all.

For some reason I assumed, it looked like the cube bike body was a little smaller if not aa sized. Otherwise if they're all 18mm anyway I'd just assume trade e for c compatibility & stick with surefire 3 cell or md3, if the malkoff bodies work with z44 etc. Thanks again for the tips.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

sort of E-Related.... The Gerber RX-350 Tail will work on a LX2 Body.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any 2xAA body that can be had in 2018? Thanks.

I've had a 2x16500 that would work for that... it was an older TnC made item, and I don't think made anymore. LightKnot was trying to sell the body last I saw....

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always thought that 6P is the smallest setup i'll every buy because of the size of my hands but now seeing these photos i have to think again. Great info guys!