E2E and AW 17670s

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I had 2 hours to kill, so I used an old drum stick I had and some 800 grit sand paper. I finished it off with 2000 grit. Now it looks like it came from the factory that way, and the 17670s fit in there perfectly!

You can do the same thing in about 10 minutes if you chuck a piece of wood dowel wrapped in sandpaper on a Dremel mandrel. :D

SixM

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I need some current info. Will the current AW 17650 fit in the current E2E? I'm trying to get a couple of friends into purchasing an E2E, and want to get them setup with rechargeables if they fit, any additional info would be great. TIA

Darien

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I need some current info. Will the current AW 17650 fit in the current E2E? I'm trying to get a couple of friends into purchasing an E2E, and want to get them setup with rechargeables if they fit, any additional info would be great. TIA

Not in the new E2E's. You can easily look from the bezel end of the body and see the slightly raised lip which will prevent the 17670 to fit. Most of the old stock E2E's will accommodate the AW 17670 just fine. For some reason Surefire got wise to the single cell li-ion being used and started to leave a lip, most likely to sell more primaries.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Not in the new E2E's. You can easily look from the bezel end of the body and see the slightly raised lip which will prevent the 17670 to fit. Most of the old stock E2E's will accommodate the AW 17670 just fine. For some reason Surefire got wise to the single cell li-ion being used and started to leave a lip, most likely to sell more primaries.
No, it was actually to prevent people from using li-ions and getting them to vent (in the old days that was common). They didn't want the liability on their shoulders.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E2L and they won't fit. I picked up an older E2E and they fit fine. I get to play a little Lego between the two.

I have quite a few E series bodies and find that the older models fit the AW 17670 cell. All of my newer bodies do not.