EagleTac T20C2 Mark II (XP-G R5) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES and more!

h22

Newly Enlightened
Just got my T20C2 MK II SMO in the mail today, WOW! Pure white R5, light dark spot start showing in the center when 4 feet away from wall, still very usable. Might have to get the OP version when they're in stock. Love the light with the new UI.:twothumbs

Selfbuilt keep costing me money with his reviews, keep up the good work.

:wave: Ok, so where do I buy one? I followed the link to Eagle Tac's web page and all they show is the older version, not the MK II:whistle: .

So where do I get one?!

Storogoth

Newly Enlightened
I think that this is the best light out there for the money. It's the most carried torch in my arsenal. You'll be VERY happy with your purchase and PTS is the place to get it for sure. Best customer service and pricing out there. I'm waiting for the Nano series release to pick up one of those too.

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Reviewer's Note: The T20C2 Mark II was provided for review by EagleTac. Please see their website for more info.

Warning: pic heavy as usual! :whistle:

T20C2II-Med18650.gif

There is an error: EagleTac T20C2 (R2) Max = 9hr..... should be
EagleTac T20C2 (R2) Med instead.

GREAT review, as always:twothumbs
Thanks for your work

kobeer

Newly Enlightened
Based on this great review, just ordered t20c2 MKII RGB kit.

Thank you!

lovecpf

Justin13

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one of these today with the OP reflector.

:oops:Sadly, I thought I clicked the RGB kit, but didn't. The light already shipped...

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
There is an error: EagleTac T20C2 (R2) Max = 9hr..... should be EagleTac T20C2 (R2) Med instead.
Fixed. :) Just hit your browser reload to see the corrected legend.

And for those who have ordered the light, I'm curious to hear your experiences with it (including the beam pattern, for OP vs smooth purchases).

somename

Newly Enlightened
Great review Selfbuilt. I just got my T20C2 MKII with the OP reflector yesterday and I am BLOW away by the output! Amazing beam with no rings and the medium is brighter than my previous 'brightest' light an Element K2.

So does the light no longer come with O-ring grease?

My light came with the rubber tailcap extender, so I guess that is a standard addition. I put it on and like it so much its staying on. :D

Another question, where can you attach the lanyard to the light because the standard tailcap does not have any holes?

I see a hole in the pocket clip, but not sure I want to attach the lanyard there since the pocket clip can be removed simply by pulling it off.

I would have thought it would have been better to require the tail cap to be taken off to remove the pocket clip. I can see its nice to be able to remove the clip quickly, but I can also see it as a disadvantage where your light my hang on something (like going through the woods) and then you loose your light.

I got the Weapons kit with the RGB filters and love the filters and they even included 2 pairs of velcro for the tactical button attachment which fits my application perfectly!

Thanks Mike and PTS for the amazing light! :party:

Last edited:

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Fixed. :) Just hit your browser reload to see the corrected legend.

And for those who have ordered the light, I'm curious to hear your experiences with it (including the beam pattern, for OP vs smooth purchases).

:)
Up to now it is simply the best balance between throw and spill. Lasts long (battery) led tint is perfect white. Heat dissipation is very darn efficient.

Where could I get the weapon mount? It should be 1" diameter weapon mount, am I right?

I would like to know the use of the "2 pairs of velcro for the tactical button attachment".

Thanks

somename

Newly Enlightened
Where could I get the weapon mount? It should be 1" diameter weapon mount, am I right?

I would like to know the use of the "2 pairs of velcro for the tactical button attachment".

My weapon mount came with the "weapon kit". Really its the best deal out there since with the weapon kit you get the 1" mount, the remote pressure switch and the RGB kit. Price wise I couldn't beat that with the same setup in a Fenix or the Olights.

Here is the weapon mount they have for it.
http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=152-155-157-6783

When you look at the normal price of the weapon mount and the tactical button, its like your getting the RGB filters for almost nothing!

The velcro I can see as useful for having the ability to make use of the tactical button on multiple devices so that you don't have to purchase a separate tactical button for each device or spend lots of time removing it.

In my case I have several compound bows that will use this light, one recurve and one rifle. So having the velcro allows me to at least have two of the choices setup. I can add more velcro later to the others.

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
The velcro I can see as useful for having the ability to make use of the tactical button on multiple devices so that you don't have to purchase a separate tactical button for each device or spend lots of time removing it.

In my case I have several compound bows that will use this light, one recurve and one rifle. So having the velcro allows me to at least have two of the choices setup. I can add more velcro later to the others.

Here I'm lost: i.e. how the velcro deals with the button.
Could you please post a picture?

Thanks for the link BTW:)

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our T20C2 MKII arrived today. First impression is it's everything good the reviews said it was. Bright, well made, and sturdy. Not sure our old lights will see much duty beyond taking up drawer space after this. Later tonight when its time to walk the dogs will be the true test.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Hi selfbuilt,

I eagerly view your reviews and am very grateful that you take the time and effort to produce them. They are very thorough and have helped me with numerous buying decisions.

I am not sure I understand the charting system you are using. I have a few questions (on your chart). Is it possible you can 'enlighten' me as to my questions?

Again, many thanks for all the exemplary reviews.

light-questions.jpg

-

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I am not sure I understand the charting system you are using. I have a few questions (on your chart). Is it possible you can 'enlighten' me as to my questions?
Initial Output/Throw: This refers to the whole table. It means that I take my readings immediately after turning on the light (i.e. within ~30 secs or so). If you look at the actual runtimes, you will see most lights tend not to be fully regulated at first, so "steady-state" levels may be lower in many cases than what is reported in the tables.

Throw Max: "Throw" is defined as the square-root of center-beam lux readings taken at 1m from the lens. Actual lux readings at 1m are presented in the brackets. It is NOT a measure of lumens, since I do not have a calibrated integrating sphere. Since light decays by an inverse square law, I recommend you look at the "throw" numbers to get a relative sense of what you will see by eye (i.e. a throw value of 50 will appear to cast a beam twice as far as a throw value of 25). That relationship is still not exact (for a variety of technical reasons), but it gives you a general idea.

Lightbox Min and Max:
These are the relative output readings from my lightbox. Again, they are not in lumens, since it is not a proper integrating sphere. They are simply there to provide a relative sense of differences between lights, as measured in a milk carton light box. Someone else's lightbox will be different - you can only compare within one given lightbox.

Ceiling Bounce Max: Another relative measure of output, a ceiling bounce is just that - put the light on the floor, shinning up, in a small window-less room with a lux lightmeter beside it on the floor (also pointing up). This gives you a measure of the reflected output of light "integrated" over the whole room. It again does not provide lumens, but gives you another relative output measure. It is also specific to my room - anyone else's ceiling bounce numbers will be different.

I present both lightbox and ceiling bounce numbers to allow you compare relative differences. IMO, the ceiling bounce numbers are more accurate for very powerful (and tightly focused) lights. For lower outputs, I find the lightbox provides a more meaningful relative comparison.

Hope that helps .. :wave:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feeling after a few days...I am gonna have to buy another light. Why? Because now my wife carries this one with her and leaves me without. We first bought it to use with the diffuser, but with that on it won't reach as far as she wants, but without the diffuser, its perfect. At first she wanted something along the lines size wise of the mag 2D she had been using, but now she prefers the new light.

The only negative I would have to say are the twist modes, and they are not bad, just a learning curve to use them correctly for a new user. But, as long as the high/med are easy, all we need.

Justin13

Newly Enlightened
This is the best light I own right now. I have the OP reflector MKII RGB kit.

Im ordering one more like this and a Neutral White OP version from PTS this week when they are back in stock. Not sure I want the SMO reflector. If I do, I can buy it seperately to try.

I also bought the 2400mAh batteries with the Eagle Tac label. So far, so good.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I just got mine from Policetacteam. Just got back from my days off. Cant wait to try it out tonight. Sorry to ask a dumb question but what is that extra rubber ring for, is this a combat ring? I'm not talking about tailcap boot. :shrug: