EagleTac T20C2 Mark II (XP-G R5) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES and more!

uncle wong

Newly Enlightened
Can someone plzz explain the brightness , throw & build quality compare to Fenix TK-12 R5 or Fenix TK-11 R5
Confused me for a few days , dun no which one to choose
Hope someone can explain
Thanks

Last edited:

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Can someone plzz explain the brightness , throw & build quality compare to Fenix TK-12 R5 or Fenix TK-11 R5
Confused me for a few days , dun no which one to choose
Hope someone can explain
Thanks

Short version: EagleTac T20C2 MkII hands down. For build quality, beam quality (no black holes into the hot spot and perfect transition from hot spot to corona), the pill is exchangeable (you can go the neutral white way if you wish) and the R5 tint is not awfully cool white.
Stock accessories come last but not least.
EagleTac is just in another class of its own.

uncle wong

Newly Enlightened
Short version: EagleTac T20C2 MkII hands down. For build quality, beam quality (no black holes into the hot spot and perfect transition from hot spot to corona), the pill is exchangeable (you can go the neutral white way if you wish) and the R5 tint is not awfully cool white.
Stock accessories come last but not least.
EagleTac is just in another class of its own.
Thank You Very Much

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Any Idea compare to Olight M20-R5 ?
I bet Olight build quality should be higher than EagleTac( correct me if i m wrong )
Base on the M20-R5 manufacturer spec , Olight should produce more bright than EagleTac T20C2 II ( I guess )
Personally, I find it hard to ascribe better build quality to any one of the Olight/EagleTac/Fenix lights - all seem well built.

But as for output, I suspect the T20C2 Mark II will still be a bit brighter. If you look at my runtime charts, you'll see the original T20C2 (R2) was driven slightly harder than the M20 (R2). The T20C2 Mark II (R5) seems to be driven even harder than the R2 version was ... as such, I doubt the M20 (R5) would be brighter.

In my experience, Olight tends to strike a better balance between output and runtime (i.e. not driven quite as hard). And frankly, the difference in output is so small as to not be noticeable unless compared side by side (and even then, you may not notice it). I would decide based on feature set and UI.

BrightAsTheSun

Newly Enlightened
selfbuilt, thanks for the detailed, informative review and those that provided feedback from their experience. I was trying to decide between the T20C2 Mark II and the Fenix TK12 R5 and after reading the reviews and feedback went for the T20C2 with OP reflector. PTS-Tactical had it to me within 2 days.

I really like the user interface. Getting to the desired output level is fast and efficient. The fit, finish, feel, beam pattern, and brightness are also excellent. I am very pleased with this flashlight and should get a lot of usage out of it. My only complaint is that I didn't buy two. My wife liked it so much that it went right into her purse. I had to put in a second order just so I'd have one.

sfca

Enlightened
Any Idea compare to Olight M20-R5 ?
I bet Olight build quality should be higher than EagleTac( correct me if i m wrong )
Base on the M20-R5 manufacturer spec , Olight should produce more bright than EagleTac T20C2 II ( I guess )

Offhand I think emitter rating for t20c2 is 380 lumens and for OTF lumens is 300. ... Which is the same as the R2 version but not the same hahaha

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Nice review Selfbuilt! Very consistent with my findings as well. These new Mark II 20 series lights are very well thought out indeed. Definitely a good value in my book.
Agreed. I've seen a lot of iterations of Eagletac lights, and these new Mark II T20C2/P20C2/P20A2 lights seem to have gotten it right (especially with the OP reflector). Still working on the P20C2/A2 reviews - should have them up in a week or two.
:wave:

johnnyguitar

Newly Enlightened
A great review particularly as I am currently considering the ET T20C2II and the Olight M20 R5 - although am now favouring the ET despite not being able to make a decision!

snowkap

Newly Enlightened
i just recieved both the ETt20c2 mxii r5 and the olightm20 r5. I'm giving one for a gift and keeping the other. after testing and evaluating both, I'm keeping the ET. The beams were almost identical, to the eye. I got the smo and op for both. Why am I keeping the ET I like the UI and the feel and options. I would have been very satisfied if I bought the M20 r5 alone. Oh by the way the m20 and the m20r5 are just alittle bit different. in physical size and although parts can be changed back and forth they are sloppy or tight.
Bottom line, both are good lights with plenty of light and throw. I perfer smo reflectors, and yes the ET does have a little drop out with the smo, but no big deal

uncle wong

Newly Enlightened
Olight M20 not regulated well with 18650 battery .
I bought EagleTac T20C2 MK II & P20A2 MK II

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight M20 R5 should be regulated pretty well with 18650 because of the low Vf of Cree XP-G emitter.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Olight M20 not regulated well with 18650 battery .
To be fair, the ET T20C2 Mark I (XR-E R2) had exactly the same regulation pattern on 18650 as my Olight M20 (XR-E R2). Apples to apples, they look the same in output and runtime (i.e. direct drive).

Hard to know how the new M20 with an XP-G would perform without directly testing it. I would suspect it would be closer to the ET T20C2 Mark II (also XP-G).

I would recommend you decide on the basis of user interface and other features. :)

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review, I ordered one T20C Mark II the last Friday in Amazon. I will use it in my mountain bike with a 18650 battery for an optimum performance. Your review it helped me to decide me.

CPF rules!

dr. quad

Newly Enlightened
this is a GREAT review! the T20c2 is what i've been wanting to buy instead of a maelstrom g5 for awhile now... i'm hoping that the wait will pay off... but its been grueling