EagTac D3A Ti Nichia 219C - not really Li-ion compatible (?)

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
RobertMM - sorry for the late follow up question. When you say that you do not notice PWM, was this on an Eneloop or 14500?

I agree with you, that on Eneoop, it works as advertised (no PWM). On 14500 is where it has PWM. I don't know if it would be different, my Nichia 219C to your XM-L2, but probably not.

Can you clarify?

My statement (no pwm) is for Eneloops.

Unfortunately I have given away my 14500s and have none to test the D3a with, because the output on NiMh is more than enough for my needs and I am not willing to put up with the extreme heat buildup in a small Ti light to get a minute worth of turbo mode. :)

rrego

Enlightened
Hey RobertMM, thanks for clarifying :thumbsup: I was thinking that is what you meant (Eneloop) as I have the same result.

Thanks.

nimbus76

Newly Enlightened
I received a D3A & D25A MKII today, both have the newer AC750 driver which appears to be driving the LED harder compared to the older AC400 driver. I'm not seeing any visible PWM in either of them. I really like the new mode spacing compared to the earlier version, the low is much lower and appears to be well controlled when comparing between a 14500 and eneloop. I do see a greater brightness difference between the 219B and 219C version of the lights. The Ti version has a lower low and medium compared to the D25A MKII, Overall I'm happy with both.

Is there any difference between the head diameter of the D3A and the D25A MKII? Eagletac seems to say the D3A head is .8 inches in diameter while it says the D25A MKII is .7 inches in diameter, but I'm wondering if this is correct since the heads look the same in the photos.

nimbus76

Newly Enlightened
Is there any difference between the head diameter of the D3A and the D25A MKII? Eagletac seems to say the D3A head is .8 inches in diameter while it says the D25A MKII is .7 inches in diameter, but I'm wondering if this is correct since the heads look the same in the photos.

I emailed EagTac and received a response today that the head on both lights is .7 inches in diameter and that they will update their website.

Latest posts