Eco friendly batteryless Torches

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi Dana,
here is the pricelist for Tritium items.
Lampen.GIF

TORCHES
Standard, green, 3.0 Ci, 20mm, dimable $77,00
Big, green, 5.0 Ci, 30mm, dimable $139,00

prices without V.A.T. and shipping costs.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
The torch with the German sounding brand name is a variant of what I've previously seen on this web site. It definitely qualifies as a HPT, but is definitely a commercial product, rather than the work of a dedicated torchaholic! Its a well made torch, though! Another one for the Africa aid workere or for long term military use...

Wylie

Enlightened
Another idea is to harness the power of mains hum using a pick-up coil. Any heavy-current-carrying AC cable will create an alternating magnetic field.

So what do you think of a ferris alloy cable that has been magnatized for this job?

Wylie

Enlightened
Man it took forever to get this post right! I thought we had a little ac going on here and then I went back to EMPOWERTORCH's post and realized I was way out to lunch. I had U.S. current written up from the 1250 volt out at the street through 480 commercial down to the residential 240 feeders and the difference between the commercial cookers and residential ranges and reasons for and the tayloring of electrical demands. I was a little confused by your post PsycoBob I hope the English followed you.
So any way now that I have touched down again I am with the belief that EMPOWERTORCH's thoery is correct and the post I made above about the flashlight I seen at Hammacher Schlemmer without any batteries could very well be right along the same path he has mentioned. Maybe working on a little different scale though.
<a href="http://www.gaijindesign.com/lawriemalen/jedi" target="_blank">
jediknight.jpg

:: how jedi are you? ::</a>