elderly flashlight help

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi there,

if you could kindly help please, thanks....

im looking for an LED torch for an elderly family friend but would prefer a flashlight that when its switched on and off, it stays on bright turbo rather than the option for different levels to prevent the user hitting the wrong level, then its a possible safety issue in darkness, or at low level leaving them thinking the battery is low. something like that. they get confused pretty easily....
something LED but so easy to use with the bright turbo -

wondering if fenix do anything like this...wished the E25 was just turbo lol.

thank you everyone.

jbrett14

Enlightened
If you want one that runs on common AA batteries, and doesn't cost a lot of money, I would recommend the JetBeam BA20. Although it has two modes, you can leave it in the high mode permanently.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Shiningbeam Spark; 95 lumens for 5 or 6 hours on the medium setting, and that's more than enough for most anything...

You loosen and then tighten the head of the light to change modes, and that's not too easy to do accidentally...

Just leave it on medium. Nice big on/off button is easy to push too.

Tegan's Dad

Newly Enlightened
My wife picked up a Nebo 1xAA flashlight at the Container Store a couple weeks ago for her mother. Doesn't look too far off from a Fenix E11, besides the bright colors. Only 50 lumen, but that's still more than most non-flashaholics are used to. Not sure about the other specs, but you can probably find it on the website.

What my wife liked best about it was how easy the switch was to push. The fenix switch seems much stiffer than the nebo, so she thought it would be easier for her mother to press.