Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I just answered my own question... the Triples are P-Series and these are for M-Series drop-ins correct?

MSax

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I just answered my own question... the Triples are P-Series and these are for M-Series drop-ins correct?

MSax

What Malkoff triples?
There are no Malkoff triple modules.

You must be talking about the Oveready Triples. Completely different company, and they don't fit, although you might get one in there with a bit of grinding modification. However, the Oveready triples REQUIRE that you use IMR cells, and regular CR123 are not suitable because they can't give the current output.
You need to know what you are getting into when you contemplate those Oveready triple modules. They are powerful, and have very specific battery requirements.

bkumanski

Enlightened
Anyone know if the tape switches for the Elzetta's fit the Malkoff MD series? I was going to play around a little with legoing lights for my carbine and I noticed Elzetta makes a switch, and Malkoff doesn't (but lots of people have them on their ARs).

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if the tape switches for the Elzetta's fit the Malkoff MD series? I was going to play around a little with legoing lights for my carbine and I noticed Elzetta makes a switch, and Malkoff doesn't (but lots of people have them on their ARs).

I don't have one to try, but someone posted that the Moddoo Triad tailcap doesn't fit the Elzetta. It does, however, fit the MD2. This would lead me to guess the Elzetta tailcaps aren't compatible with the MD2.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have one to try, but someone posted that the Moddoo Triad tailcap doesn't fit the Elzetta. It does, however, fit the MD2. This would lead me to guess the Elzetta tailcaps aren't compatible with the MD2.

just tried my Elzetta tailcap on my SF. It threads on but is shallower and does not thread on all the way.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elzetta owners,

I'm reviving this old thread becaues I'm interested in picking an Elzetta up. Since I already have a few Malkoff drop-ins, I am going to purchase the host seperately.

My question, does the bezel come with a lens? From Elzetta's website FAQ, it appears that you don't need a lens since Malkoff drop-ins are already covered, but wouldn't water get inside the body? It seems like Gene sells the lens and gasket here: http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/m61-lens-and-head-gasket-p-83.html. Do I need this? I would rather not have to pay an extra $8 in shipping just to get the lens.

Thanks

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it comes with a M60 in it, then it doesn't have a lens because the M60 doesn't need one.
The M61 and other reflector modules DO need one, and you will need to get it if you get a different module than the M60.
I'd bet that Elzetta has the lens and o-ring in their parts section. If you don't see it, try calling or emailing them.

Or you can wait until you decide to try a different module than the M60, and order the lens and o-ring at that time.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, I see. I've been out of CPF for so long, I didn't even know Malkoff M60 became M61 and no longer have the lens cover on the drop in module.

I still have one of my older M60WL drop in, so I'm set without the lens and gasket for now.

Thanks for the quick response.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can elzetta take the other Malkoff drop in other than the M60 variant?
Can it take an external lens?

Yes it can take any Malkoff drop in. However, the M91 requires 3 cells, so if you plan to use the M91, get the 3-cell body for the Elzetta.
It can take the Malkoff lens that goes on the M61 and the other Malkoff drop-ins that have reflectors.
They just don't put the lens on the M60 because it doesn't need it.