• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D4vn - Smallest 18650 Quad Thrower

TCY

Enlightened
Oh MAN! You are going to LOOOOVE it!!!!

Got back from vacation today and it was waiting at the door for me. Perfect tint. I thought it was going to be warmer, but it's perfectly neutral to my eyes. :thumbsup:

Glad you like yours and it makes me looking forward to getting the light even more! Does Vinh send you a tracking number when the light is shipped? I check my email every 20 minutes hoping to see one lol!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like yours and it makes me looking forward to getting the light even more! Does Vinh send you a tracking number when the light is shipped? I check my email every 20 minutes hoping to see one lol!

Yes, I did get tracking.

ven

Flashaholic
TCY, you will get an email showing that USPS has been notified of a package from vinh, from there it will update as it progresses through the system.

TCY

Enlightened
Thanks guys. I guess I'll be refreshing my email webpage every 20 minutes for the next few days then.:naughty:

TCY

Enlightened
I have never dealt with USPS tracking before. It says: "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified on September 2, 2017 to expect this package for mailing. This message does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Please be advised tracking is not available for this product."

Don't know what's taking them so long. Hope I get my D4vn before my next short trip:duh2:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a shipping label was generated, but the physical package has not been sent to them yet?

TCY

Enlightened
Sounds like a shipping label was generated, but the physical package has not been sent to them yet?

That's what I thought. It's been almost a week, are USPS staff on a strike or something? :duh2:

ven

Flashaholic
USPS can be good at times or hit/miss......Of late the latter seems more appropriate. I have had nothing for two weeks still showing USPS received note . Then within a day crazy updating and out for delivery! I presume if someone along the line misses a scan, it slows the process down. On a positive ,you might get a nice surprise soon :grin2:

TCY

Enlightened
USPS can be good at times or hit/miss......Of late the latter seems more appropriate. I have had nothing for two weeks still showing USPS received note . Then within a day crazy updating and out for delivery! I presume if someone along the line misses a scan, it slows the process down. On a positive ,you might get a nice surprise soon :grin2:

Hmm so it's more likely a tracking problem instead of USPS guys being lazy? Now that I think of it Vinh did say the light "was shipped the last couple days" so the chance of USPS not picking up the parcel is rather slim. Thanks for telling me this, I'm crazy inpatient when it comes to delivery, I paid ZL over 70 USD for that lightning fast DHL service, 20 USD for DHL to deliver my D4 too. I can grab a new 18650 ZL if I was more patient lol.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm so it's more likely a tracking problem instead of USPS guys being lazy? Now that I think of it Vinh did say the light "was shipped the last couple days" so the chance of USPS not picking up the parcel is rather slim. Thanks for telling me this, I'm crazy inpatient when it comes to delivery, I paid ZL over 70 USD for that lightning fast DHL service, 20 USD for DHL to deliver my D4 too. I can grab a new 18650 ZL if I was more patient lol.

My advise is to order 2 lights every week.. so that's way you have something coming in the mail.. just playing man..

TCY

Enlightened
Update: says "Processed Through Facility" as at September 10, 2017, 4:54 pm. At this rate I probably won't be able to put my hands on the light until next week. :(

ven

Flashaholic
Huge THANKS to vinh, :rock:wow this little beast can chuck light well. Seems brighter(no way of measuring yet) than vinhs specs, more closer to 3000lm i would say. Heat is certainly well managed for its size. Large tight hot spot which can still be used closer up.

CT wise is also very nice, colours do look good and not too far away from how a 219c 5000k represents(side by side and immediate comparisons shows the PDT to be a little warmer). Its a nice 5000k ish beam!

Last edited:

TCY

Enlightened
Grats. Is this the XPG2 PDT flavour? Almost looks like a high CRI to me:thumbsup:

Now that I see yours I kinda regret getting the grey one instead of black.. ano colour wise ZL does a much better grey.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes TCY xpg2 PDT, it's gray as well(pic kind of makes it look darker than it is).
They are cool lights MAD, very flexible with pop can performance in a pocket :)

TCY

Enlightened
Just got mine. Gotta say you can't beat a Nichia tint, it makes my H53Fc look **** yellow/lower CCT by comparison. By itself it resembles the 4885K 219Bs on my M43, with a very subtle magenta hint but a tad bit warmer. I'll probably do a tint comparison, I didn't think there's gonna be that much of a difference. Thanks Vinh:)

ven

Flashaholic
Been using the D4vn in work, very useful with the UI and beam!
Few pics

Here is my 1st v54, the m20vn single mode 219b and also used in work.............4yrs on!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am talking with Selene/Toykeeper. Hopefully we can collaborate. So far I have only used Dr. Jones UI. Would be great to expand the possibilities.
IMHO, this UI is the pinnacle of perfection. Hold to ramp from moonlight to turbo, single-click last memory, double-click turbo.

I don't know what the limits are for big lights, but I handles tthe D4's high amps.

I believe I read a comment by ToyKeeper that this is open source (I think).

For me, this is a milestone in flashlight history in the making!

Can you tell that I'm excited about this UI? LOL