Energizer Energi To Go Step Up Circuitry

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Yeah I actually have the 2XAA one and it seems that if you start the charge on fresh batteries it's fine and will charge for a while. But if you stop the charge and try to start again it does not work. I am just worried about the circuitry drawing power from my phone when the batteries are not at a high enough voltage to sustain charging.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Believe it or not, it's been a year since I found this deal, but Circuit City near where I live still had 4 packs left, for $3.60 each. So I cleaned it out. The L91 alone is worth the price. Now I have 4 more "toys" to play with.

I also found the chip (the TEC103) at the heart of the Energizer EnergiToGo (Israeli company located in Tel Aviv):

http://www.techtium.com/view.asp?page=164

Anyways, I took out the circuit board and hooked the thing up to a 2D battery holder with alligator clips. Works really well.

I also experimented and hooked it up to a 3x AA NiMH (since it has some trouble working with 2x NiMH) and the thing worked really well, no "poof".

Last edited:

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does work, producing a regulated 5 V output, but the current seems to be limited to about 500 mA or so. If you try to draw much more than that the voltage drops. You could use that to advantage as an LED driver though, as the current would be self-limiting somewhere in the region of 750 mA.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
£1.99 at Home Bargains in the UK now.

Standby current ≈ 1ma, so take out AA's when not in use.

And the Motorola one now has a USB plug too.

No Nokia's in my local, but another cable works from another type.

And don't forget they come with 2 Lithium L91 AA's, dated 2021 at ≈£1 each !

Last edited: