Eternalight MAX design help!

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
MrEternalight,
Nice to hear from you again. I just recently purchased an Elite X-ray and am very satisfied with it. I admit, the shape was hard to get over at first, but with every day use its not a problem now.

Regarding the question posed, let the dim settings be unregulated. As other members have stated dim is dim. Keep the bright settings regulated. I also think the proposed 5 brightness levels is good, maybe 6 at most.

I think it is a matter being able to getting the light into the desired mode and brightness without too much fuss is the key (A sort of Eternalight ergonomics). From the search I did in this DB that seems to be a dominate issue with the Eternalight product line.

Any further information you could share with us on the new MAX would be great too
smile.gif
. I know that you have some fans here so don't leave us out in the cold.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eternalite is doing some nice stuff here! I tend to not sweat the small stuff, and dimmer regulation is small stuff. I'd tend to say that if it will increase cost, don't regulate the dimmer settings. When I use the dimmer, it will usually be on the dimmest setting. When that setting gets too dim, I'll move up one. Not a big inconvenience.

Otherwise, you've hit my top wanted features: an overdrive mode (when you say "momentary", how long is that), and memory of which dimming level was used last. Actually, the one other thing I'd like is not to have to dig up the manual to figure out how to turn on and off the little internal finder LED. Either print the instructions on the light, or find some more elegant and easily-remembered way to use that LED.

Any news on a AAA version?

Thanks!

medix

Newly Enlightened
Personally I like the number of dimming levels on the eternalight x-ray that I have. If you have ever slept in a pitch dark room, once your eyes have adjusted to the dark, even the lowest setting is very bright. I prefer the steps of dimming rather than the linear dimming of my older eternalight. I am excited about the features you have been discussing with the new light and have enjoyed my eternalights for years. As far as the dimming being regulated, I think mabye the first 2, mabye three levels, after that I am looking for a long run time. I also hope you keep the lowest setting at 1-2%, plenty for the extreme dark. I have had the x-ray for as long as they have been produced and have only changed batteries a few times, if the batteries are going to die you generaly have enough run time left to get you thru the night. Keep the ability to have the night beacon on/off. Thanks for letting us CPFers into the considerations for your wonderfull product, Keep up the good work.....

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Sorry it took me so long to get back - this is the busiest time of the year for us as you can imagine. Thank you all! You'll be happy to know that the EliteMAX will incorporate the suggestion I see from the majority which is regulation in brighter levels and non-reg in dimmer ones. Again, thanks. We hope you will like the new product. We will offer an excellent discount exclusively to CPF members when the light becomes available. Happy Holidays to all!

KenBar

Enlightened
Waiting and continuing to wait....
smile.gif

Great news about special pricing!!!

Micro E re. changing batteries//
Buy with no fear...
Like Brock and others said, the batteries last a LONG LONG time. I finally changed mine the first time as I got tired of trying to run them down.

I have never "run out" of light and been left in the lurch with an Eternalight.

It is IMHO a good trade off for water tightness.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Please advise when the CPFers can start buying the latest creation Mr EternaLight. Thanks for the discount as well
icon14.gif

Happy Holidays to the Eternalight family.
grin.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Mr. Eternalight--Just to make your job easier. Since you have an e-mail list already to anounce new products. Could you post an e-mail address here, maybe [email protected]. That people could send an e-mail to and you could build a database of CPF members/lurkers. That might give your new products a bigger kick, then again most here are probably on your list.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Mr Eternalight,

I have been using your original classic model for years and it is one the most versatile lights I have ever owned. I especially appreciate its pygmy size and light weight.

I recently bought an Ergo and was happy to see brighter Nichias and refined features, but I was surprised and disappointed at the greatly increased size and weight, not to mention the near impossibility of standing it on end.

Do you envision ever offering a smaller lighter eternalight, reminiscent of the original but with an updated circuit and watertight case?

I suspect I'm not the only customer who would make a beeline to your website, CC in hand.

Brightnorm

Latest posts