Need help repairing Fenix HL55

3L3M3NT

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering if someone out there in the lower 48 that would be able to help me out with repairing my Fenix HL55vn? Unfortunately one of the tabs that holds the strap to the headlamp itself broke off. Fenix sent me a replacement holder for the headlamp itself. I was also sent a couple of videos on how to replace the headlamp holder.

I'm more than happy to pay shipping each way.

The reason I need help with replacing the headlamp holder is that I'm a C4 quadriplegic and I don't have the dexterity to swap the holder out myself.

If someone wanted to do a review on it while they had it, I could send the other Fenix HL55vn I have, that has a different LED installed. The one with the broken holder has a 6500K SST20 LED in it running Vinh's DriverVNX2 and the most recent one I had him modify has a 6500K SFT40 LED in it running Vinh's Driver VNX2 again.
https://skylumen.com/pages/drivervn-drivervnx-programmable-circuits

I was able to attach pictures of the broken tab and the videos Fenix sent me on how to replace the headlamp holder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (y):giggle::anyone:

Attachments

• 20221118_190654.jpg
    20221118_190654.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20221118_190716.jpg
    20221118_190716.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20221118_190950.jpg
    20221118_190950.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 85
  • HL60R Bracket Installation Video Tutorial (1).mp4
    8.2 MB
  • HL60R Bracket Removal Video Tutorial.mp4
    7.6 MB
Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the plastic broke but you got a replacement plastic?
i had some plastic fenix holder break on me too, see the HM61R thread (i still use the light, holder, headband everyday, unfixed, because a replacement plastic would break again on me, wouldnt it).

hope you can find someone to help you swapping the plastic holder (relatives, inlaws, fliends, neighbors, randoms, acquaintances, family, clerks), good luck!

3L3M3NT

Newly Enlightened
the plastic broke but you got a replacement plastic?
i had some plastic fenix holder break on me too, see the HM61R thread (i still use the light, holder, headband everyday, unfixed, because a replacement plastic would break again on me, wouldnt it).

hope you can find someone to help you swapping the plastic holder (relatives, inlaws, fliends, neighbors, randoms, acquaintances, family, clerks), good luck!
Yep, the plastic tab broke off, so I sent an email to one of the Fenix stores with the serial number of the headlamp. They then forwarded it onto Fenix headquarters in China who authorized my warranty claim and sent me the new plastic headlamp holder.
It did take about about a month for the replacement holder to arrive after they shipped it out, which makes sense if it's coming all the way from China.

Yeah, hopefully I can find someone to help me out.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
good luck that it woht break on you again!

break1

break2

thank you

fenis

could be made of the identical plastics material? tsss