• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Everything you ever wanted to know: BADBOY, MADMAX Update

B@rt

Flashaholic
Ooh boy! I'm getting hungry already... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frank.gif

I hope your shop will flourish! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my god! It's Chuckie all grown up!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes! That's him. I know that dude. He's always the first kid on the block to get the cool stuff.

External

Newly Enlightened
How does the BadBoy 400 work inside a Brinkmann Nexstar 2aa flashlight?

Sam

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nextstar? Do you mean Legend 2AA? That's the more natural fit... You might have some initial mechanical problems with the NextStar because the negative lip for the BadBoy is not in any immediate upper contact with the lip of the light... It'll take a little solder work to get the switch connected correctly...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Maybe this has been asked, will you be offering a high dome in MM Adj, and 400,500 BB? I have just started to follow this thread. Just recently got a MM from a CPF'er. It is a good lite. Ran a rudementary run test using a small light meter just using f stop values, and the MM stood up to full brightness for 3/12 hours using new maha 2000 Nimh. Batteries were just topped off after I got them and had not been cycled 3-4 times for full capacity. I thought that was pretty good. Lite did not get warm. Bill

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The White HD and all colored Luxeons with the NX05 have the double image beam. A square die image with a round beam. If the optics is not perfectly centered these two images will be shifted.

I took an informal poll before and got a larger response for the LD (Batwing). This has been the default ever since.

It would not be very difficult for you to change the LD on a sandwich module to a Lambertian (HD) if you have a soldering iron and a small tube of Arctic Alumina.

FYI. I buy large quantities of the LD. Because of this I get a good price break. On everything else I pay the same as you would. Future internal pricing is 1-499 are all one price for the 1W. In order to get a price break, you would need to get 500+. I've been working Future for over a month to have a blanket discount across the whole Luxeon line. No can do... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Future and Lumileds... The saga continues...

Wayne

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne
What is it that happens when V in is greater than V out on one of your BB's ? Does it act like direct drive? will it hurt the converter? ie.using three 1.2v nimh.The cells I'm using are 1/3 AA 300mah.(The light that I'm doing this to is a 750 BB runing a 5 watt HD using 6 1/3 AA nimh 300mah cells I have also a MM in a 1AAA nexstar using 3 1/4 AAA 110 mah cells) I have not checked what the voltage falls to under load yet but I know that both of the lights that I have been doing this to run brighter than using 2 cells. For the 5 watter I normally use 2 crv3 cells at 3v each.
Chris

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Got my BB500 a few days ago and finally had a chance to install it today. WOW!!! This is a NICE mod. The sandwich is EXTREMELY well made and the LED is a very nice white color. Very nice product, Wayne.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Everything you ever wanted to know: BADBOY, M

[ QUOTE ]
howard@mbox said:
wayne

i presume orders placed on www.anlighten.com/shop on pm 29/4 will be shipped as usual?

thanks
howard

[/ QUOTE ]

Wayne

Placed an order for a couple of (2x) BB400 and 1 x BB500 (plus some NX05 + O-rings) April 29.
Wondering whether they have been shipped yet?

Thanks
Howard

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Site says they will available tomorrow. I tried to order. This is going to be one nice lite. I have Q3 MM upgrade, and it outshines my Arc LSH-P, and my KL1 on E2. Run time is very good on 2000 NiMH.

BrightLight

Newly Enlightened
The web site shows the BB400 w/Q3L, but not the BB500 w/Q3L. Is there a reason for that? (Of course, the BB500 w/Q3L is what I'd order, along with the 3/4" ball and Kroll clickie.)

If it isn't available, am I better off with the BB400 w/Q3L, or BB500 and take my chances? (Or MadMax Plus Q3?)

What's the difference between Madmax and Madmax Plus, anyway?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone knows the different between BB400 and Wizards 400? they both seems to do the same thing (supplying 400 mA to the luxeon) but why the Wizards more expensive when the efficiency of BB is better than wizards?

yclo

Flashaholic*
The main difference is that Wizard boards have a larger range of Vin, up to 16V max.

Whereas the BB can only have a max Vin of that of the led.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, thanks Yc. That explains everything. How about min Vin? are they both has the same rating?