• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Exotic Wood Mini-Mags, additional offering

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bruce
I am happy you like it - by the way - that can be cared for like any wood furniture - a little wood wax every now and then won't hurt. Like any wood product - keep it away from water and heat...

Just a bit of information - I sent that by regular airmail to Austrailia, not global priority mail. It was delivered in less that a week.

will

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will, I can't remember if I asked you this before - would you be willing to do this for a D-sized mag (perhaps a sub-1D)?

Bushman5

Enlightened
:faint: that would be incredible.......a melding of fine woods and craftsmanship, with aluminium and LEDs ....

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will, I can't remember if I asked you this before - would you be willing to do this for a D-sized mag (perhaps a sub-1D)?

I did look into this last year. I would have to get a piece of wood 3 in by 3 in by 12 in long. My mini-lathe can not work with items this large.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinkin about this for a sub-1D 7-cree mag mod =D It would be only about 6" long. Would that help?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinkin about this for a sub-1D 7-cree mag mod =D It would be only about 6" long. Would that help?

It is the diameter that won't fit. I can't bore out a piece because it would stick out of the chuck too far, no way to hold it securely.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bummer - I see.

Last shot =) Would it be possible to do just the body? ~2.25" I think? Or perhaps even less.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bummer - I see.

Last shot =) Would it be possible to do just the body? ~2.25" I think? Or perhaps even less.

While I like to try lots of different things - This I will pass on. I would have to bore out the wood to 2.25 inches in diameter while chucking on about a 1/4 inch using the outside jaws - There really is not enough to hold the wood safely.

ambientmind

Enlightened
are these still available? i would have to wait until i get paid, but would like to get one. how much for a black one with koa, and the silver bands around it?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
are these still available? i would have to wait until i get paid, but would like to get one. how much for a black one with koa, and the silver bands around it?

These are still available - I would have to make another with KOA on a black mini-mag.

PM sent.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is a promotional light - probably with some sort of logo