Factors that affect a LED light's lifetime

Maychen12

Newly Enlightened
[h=3][/h]I had spent a week in our factory to arrange production of a batch of panel lights, it took 5 days to make out 800pcs panel lights. During the production process, I ask my engineer which fators would affect a LED light lifetime, he gave me below answer.

1.The light source:
As I know that our lights are using the Epistar's light source while I got that in European country mostly will choose CREE's light source. But I doubt that the quality of a light source maybe just influence the brightness of the light, when time gose by, the light with cheaper light source may turn out to be darker then the light with better light source. Besides this, I can not think out other case that will lead a light source to broken.

2.The power source:
This is not a new topic in LED industry. How to distinguish a good power source from bad ones, it counts on the components inside the LED power supply. will the Mos tude, the transformer, the capacity are compatible with each other? and how to solve the heat transfer problem? By using an aluminum housing or even do a potting to help? I also got that European country love using Meanwell's power supply for a long time, before being a LED sales, my previous job is selling PU resin to LED power supply manufacturer, ever spent a lot of energy and time on develop Meanwell. Regarding their product quality,very good indeed!

3.Heat:
This is also a regular topic for every LED manufacturer, currently I can see engineers solving the heat transfer problem by making a plane aluminum housing into a zigzag shape(hope you could understand this description). Or, add some conductive materials on the plastic housing to help the heat inside out. Maybe adding a fan also work., but I doubt will anyone choose this solution?

I would like to say these 3 factors are the most important ones could affect the LED lights lifetime a lot. Pls let me konw your different opinion!!!!!!!

Zapiao

Newly Enlightened
Inside electronics will afect led lifetime thats why i dont buy chinese leds.

cerian

Newly Enlightened
I think aluminum heat sinks are the most common way to remove heat from LED light bulbs. and if memory serves my right, philips has also developed some type of ceramic heat sink that is more efficient than the aluminum ones