FCW-6 Flashaholics Camping Weekend! NJ, PA, NY + AREA on 6/10/10 - 6/13/10

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awww Roger,

Was looking forward to hanging a bit. Hope you do make it, even if it's
just for a few hours.

Ray

Yeah I was looking forward to hanging out too. Got all my stuff in a nifty pile in the garage...

Saturday is not out of the question though, it's only a 2 hour ride!:twothumbs

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I was looking forward to hanging out too. Got all my stiff in a nifty pile in the garage...

Saturday is not out of the question though, it's only a 2 hour ride!:twothumbs

I'm coming from NYC, just a tad longer. Hope to see you there brother.

TOB9595

Enlightened
HELP!!!! NEED A RIDE TO CAMP

Hello, LAst minute stuff.
I NEED A RIDE TO CAMP.
I need it on THURSDAY EARLIER in the day is ok by me....Tonight even....
I can be transported to you on THURSDAY before 5pm
or meet in between you and me on the road somewhere...whatever works to get me to the camp on THURSDAY or before....YEP! I'm open to tonight if the slim prospect of you needing to get to camp tonight.

Of course the Gas cost, tolls, blah blah we'll set it up.
LONG AS I GET A RIDE on THURSDAY.

So please help me out and we'll have a great trip
Call me is quickest.
908 623 7095
or email me
tob9595 at gmail dot com
or
pm me
This will be a GREAT camp time.

Best Regards
Tom

ADD FLEMINGTON NJ 08822

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: HELP!!!! NEED A RIDE TO CAMP

Hello, LAst minute stuff.
I NEED A RIDE TO CAMP.
I need it on THURSDAY EARLIER in the day is ok by me....Tonight even....
I can be transported to you on THURSDAY before 5pm
or meet in between you and me on the road somewhere...whatever works to get me to the camp on THURSDAY or before....YEP! I'm open to tonight if the slim prospect of you needing to get to camp tonight.

Of course the Gas cost, tolls, blah blah we'll set it up.
LONG AS I GET A RIDE on THURSDAY.

So please help me out and we'll have a great trip
Call me is quickest.
908 623 7095
or email me
tob9595 at gmail dot com
or
pm me
This will be a GREAT camp time.

Best Regards
Tom

ADD FLEMINGTON NJ 08822

Hi Tom,

I'm very sorry to say that I can't do it. I really hope someone can step up and fit you in. You are always a great additon to our events, and you always bring your knife sharpener and offer to sharpen everyone's blades.
--Tim

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it's been raining most of the day near me today (Wednesday), but the weather report shows mostly sun on Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday shows a 40% chance of scattered thunder storms - the key is that it's scattered and only 40% chance, which isn't bad.

However, most of the ground wood is going to be pretty wet from Wednesday's rain. I'm bringing some fire starters, and some Duraflame logs, but if anyone else can do the same, or bring some dry wood, that will be great!

Thu
Jun 10
30.gif

Partly Cloudy
77° High
53° Low
20% Chance of rain

Fri
Jun 11
30.gif

Partly Cloudy
76° High
58° Low
10% Chance of rain

Sat
Jun 12
38.gif

Scattered T-Storms
79° High
63° Low
40% Chance of rain

Sun
Jun 13
38.gif

Scattered T-Storms
81° High
66° Low
40% Chance of rain

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the stuff from GoingGear.com www.goinggear.com arrived today! Along with a few nice lights they sent some great camping and survival gear! Thanks GoingGear!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the final list of sponsors for FCW-6, and direct links to their web sites so you can check out (and buy) all the great stuff they offer.

4Sevens: www.4sevens.com CPF discount: 8% off any item, $20 minimum order, Code: CPF8

BrightGuy: www.brightguy.com check out their website for special shipping deals.

Bug Out Gear USA: www.bugoutgearusa.com 10% off JetBeam lights, use code: cpfjet and you can get free domestic shipping on orders over $49.99

Dorcy: www.dorcy.com and for 20% off and free shipping go to www.dorcydirect.com and use coupon code: CANDLE

Going Gear: www.goinggear.com 10% off with coupon code ggcpf10, and free shipping on domestic orders over $49.

Lighthound: www.lighthound.com coupon code: cpf gets you an extra 2% off, and you can also get free domestic shipping on orders over $75.

Lighthouse one: CPF member donating one of his custom, hand made Drum Lights.

Lumapower: www.lumapower.com

Pacific Tactical Solutions: www.pts-flashlights.com Don't forget about the CPF discount - see Mike's post for a direct link to it.

Petzl: www.petzl.com

Phoebus Tactical Flashlights: www.phoebustactical.com 10% discount for CPF members, use code CPF10 on any purchase over $30.

Princeton Tec: www.princetontec.com

Stanley Tools: www.stanleytools.com

Now go do some shopping and support those who are supporting us!!! :)

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Well, I was so darn excited that I couldn't sleep all night! That's alright, I'll catch up some z's in my hammock when I arrive...

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'M RE-POSTING 3 IMPORTANT AREAS OF INFORMATION:

1. OK, this is serious stuff! No different than any other time we went here, and no different than any similar outdoor area in bear country.
Please take it seriously. I'm going to be really pissed if someone gets eaten by a bear and ruins an otherwise fun camping weekend!
Park Advisories

5/20/2009 4:00:00 PMDue to an active black bear population, the park is requiring all visitors to take certain precautions while exploring the park or staying in the campgrounds. Bear are generally not dangerous to people if they are left alone, however, as with all wild animals their behavior is unpredictable. All visitors, especially overnight guests, shall abide by the following: NEVER approach a bear to pet, feed, or photograph it. ALL food and scented items must be stored in locked vehicles. If a bear approaches you, NEVER throw food or other objects; they can act as an attractant rather than a deterrent. Do not run from a bear; stay together as a group, clap your hands and shout loudly while backing away slowly. For more information on black bear and their behavior, visit the following website from the Pennsylvania Game Commission: http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/p...with_bears.pdf

2. Please do not arrive before 3pm on Thursday, as per the campground rules. If you are a little early, like 2:45, that will be OK, but that's about it. I got in trouble last time because a bunch of us, including me, got there around 1pm. These park rangers don't have all that much to do but watch trees grow and birds fly around, so they take the check in times pretty serious.

3. ATTENTION: No one needs to check in at the guard shack or the rangers office. Go directly to the sites when you arrive.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a safe trip everyone, see everyone tomorrow.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carrot...see IMPORTANT AREAS OF INFORMATION number 3 above. :p

See everyone tomorrow, also. ;)

Stan671

Enlightened
We are HERE!

I arrived about 8 and Lasercrazy, his dad, Tim, Justin, Carrot, Stanley, and Tom had already arrived.

Tom was able to get a ride here.

Sam and Heidi just arrived a few minutes ago.

We have a roaring fire going now.

Goodnight to all of you suckers sleeping inside of buildings tonight

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update Stan !!!
Looking forward to joining you folks tomorrow :thumbsup:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
After many (MANY!) starts and stops I finally did get to make it to the campsite for a few hours last night. What a great time due to the hard work of all! Thanks to all for having me for such a brief time---the raffle (and following testing!) jusy an amazing piece of coordination and hard work...thanks Tim! So good to see all and especially my "boy" Dizzy, wadda great kid!:twothumbs

Karl

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL Karl, sorry I missed ya. :)

I went up on Friday evening and left on Sat around noon time.
It's always a pleasure seeing everyone again. Until PF14!

Special thanks to:
Tim, thanks for organizing this outing and the Sponsor support:party:
Mike, thanks for the popcorn and that tasty dessert :thumbsup:
Tom, it was nice catching up with you, thanks for the cigars.
Sandy, thanks for the WAWA ride.
Sam, I ordered you a METS jersey :devil:
Dave, loved the vintage camping gear.

Ray

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL Karl, sorry I missed ya. :)

I went up on Friday evening and left on Sat around noon time.
It's always a pleasure seeing everyone again. Until PF14!

Special thanks to:
Tim, thanks for organizing this outing and the Sponsor support:party:
Mike, thanks for the popcorn and that tasty dessert :thumbsup:
Tom, it was nice catching up with you, thanks for the cigars.
Sandy, thanks for the WAWA ride.
Sam, I ordered you a METS jersey :devil:
Dave, loved the vintage camping gear.

Ray

thanks ray for the METS (my entire team sux) jersey, i was running out of redsox jerseys to work on my motorcycle!

thanks again for the pop!

ziptrickhead

Newly Enlightened
It was definitely a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone for making it such a great time, especially Tim for setting up the event and the sponsors for sending us so much stuff to play with and give away. Now I really want to go to the next PF. Can't wait for the next FCW too; hopefully with the new place we won't have issues with the rangers or anything again.

~Stan, friend of carrot (I hope that doesn't become my permanent name :p)

Last edited:

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
wish to thank everybody for a great weekend of camping and fun! it truly enLIGHTen me!

tim for organizing this!
dan and joe for fixing, repairing everything lights!
bill for the delicious ham sandwich and the use of your tri-pod, so that i can find my mother ship!
carrot for the delicious farewell lunch and the workshop on your homemade stoves!
tom for your cigars!
ray for the pop!
jim wish you could've come, hope everything is ok at home, see you soon.
the ranger that couldn't count, (btw, we left a tip for you by the bushes on campsite 6)
and thanks to all the companies that donated the fine goodies, especially, dorcy, phoebus, lighthound, princeton tec, pacific tactical solutions, bugoutgearusa, the goodies we won and will be writing the reviews when the testings are done!

Last edited: