FCW-9 Flashaholics Camping Weekend - NJ, NY, PA, CT + area event! Sept. 14th-17th

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow what a fantastic weekend!!! Great people - weather - food - campground - and of course great lights!

Thanks to everyone for making it such a wonderful success. Special shout out to the following:
Ike and Bill for breakfast!
Jessica for enabling me to gain 10lbs with all the rest of the tasty food!...

Couldn't agree with you more about the place and people.

I"m thinking that we have to start calling her Saint Jessica for putting up with us and being so willing to feed us the great things she makes. And she smiles so much while she's being so helpful to everyone too.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't agree with you more about the place and people.

I"m thinking that we have to start calling her Saint Jessica for putting up with us and being so willing to feed us the great things she makes. And she smiles so much while she's being so helpful to everyone too.
I see the brownies are still working their magic

Stan671

Enlightened
Eric and I just came up for the day Saturday and I am totally kicking myself for not spending the weekend!!

These two group sites at Vorhees are a nice arrangement with room for a bunch tents each and tables and dual firepits. Not nearly as big as the huge field at Stokes, but nice and comfy for a small crowd.

We spend about 3 hours the observatory that was just a short walk from the campsites. We saw the big 26 inch telescope and a couple smaller ones. We learned all about the hobby of stargazing and grinding telescope mirrors by hand. We observed the M15 star cluster globule (or somesuchthing) with the big scope and saw two different dual star combinations with the smaller scope and the binoculers. And we could even see that one dual star combination was actually made of of two dual stars - VERY COOL!

Afterwards we sat around the campfile until the wee hours of the morning and then Eric and I reluctantly drove home.

Next time if I say I am only coming up for the day, smack me in the head and tell me to come for the entire weekend!

carrot

Flashaholic
photo4lv.jpg

Super big thanks to Dorcy for providing us all with some light this FCW! You guys over at Dorcy are the best!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad we weren't camping through the rain that just went through here. The heavy rain only lasted 20 minutes, but it really poured down hard. We were really blessed with perfect weather. Whoever picked that weekend really knows their stuff.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad we weren't camping through the rain that just went through here. The heavy rain only lasted 20 minutes, but it really poured down hard. We were really blessed with perfect weather. Whoever picked that weekend really knows their stuff.

...Thanks :) I do look over the historic weather averages data over the past 10 years to get the best possible advantage (it's available on the Weather Channel website), but we all know it's just a slight edge and anything can happen, but I guess this time it worked out pretty well. But like the saying goes... even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then! LOL

I'm glad everyone really enjoyed it, I know I did :)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI - I see Dorcy has the DieHard flashlights listed on their website now.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you guys had a great time, bummed that I had to miss it !

So what was everyone's favorite Dorcy light ?

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorcy really had some decent consumer lights. Their Die Hard series are heavy walled, and actually have well made 3aaa holders- for the lights that used that combo. I got one , and I'm quite happy with it..

Bill W

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you guys had a great time, bummed that I had to miss it !

So what was everyone's favorite Dorcy light ?

Hey Ray - we missed you. Hope you can make the next one. As for my favoite Dorcy light there... I really liked the DieHard that put out 300+ ANSI rated lumens. I'll get a link or picture up of it soon.