FEELER: Montblanc, Prometheus Lights style

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a pen that takes the Uni-Ball Signo 207 refill?

I like that better than the G2.

CMAG

Enlightened
For real the smooth section were the clip is 1/4 turn and pull it off, hidden led and the light turns on automatic

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey guys, actually, how do you feel about the "bamboo" styling...or would you just like to see grooves like on the alphas? If there were trit slots they'd be up on the cap where the single groove is now. That's the only place where there is enough wall thickness to make that work.

The light idea is pretty fun but it's way too cost prohibitive. It's also definitively going to be a Montblanc cartridge, sorry other refill fans :)

@ Frystormer: was the cartridge you used a Ball Point or RollerBall? I actually prefer the FineLiner refill because it write most like a fountain pen but dries quickly enough not to smudge. I only point out the RollerBall because it's designed to be interchangeable with the FineLiner and also comes in many different colors...if that's how you roll :) I ordered some RollerBall refills and will try them out and report back. Thanks for weighing in.

Zandar

Enlightened
O K no light, but what about an anodized clip? I would like to see the pen resemble my Alpha ,as far as grooving goes. Where will the maker's mark go?, on the cap? Is it to early for a name?

Last edited:

MoreToasties

Newly Enlightened
Don't be afraid to give this thing some weight, Jason. I've always preferred writing with nice solid pens.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in.

Mont Blanc refills - check
Ball point preference, I've had issues with rollerball refills as well
Ti clip with Brass button head screw - check, flame coloring for me on the clip
Threaded cap - check
Blue o-rings, nice touch
Trit slots in head - would be outstanding!

Bamboo style looks good, however I'm on your mailing list for when you get going again and it would be GREAT to have one that matched your lights.

Like someone else noted, I'm okay with extra weight in a pen.

fyrstormer

Banned
@ Frystormer: was the cartridge you used a Ball Point or RollerBall? I actually prefer the FineLiner refill because it write most like a fountain pen but dries quickly enough not to smudge. I only point out the RollerBall because it's designed to be interchangeable with the FineLiner and also comes in many different colors...if that's how you roll :) I ordered some RollerBall refills and will try them out and report back. Thanks for weighing in.
Which Montblanc cartridge did I use, you mean? I don't know, honestly, it was the one that fits in the Montblanc Pix. It was a rollerball, I know that much, because it had to be capped at all times when not in use.

The main reason I like fountain pens is because there are no disposable parts. If rollerballs could be refilled from an ink bottle, I'd be just as happy using those. Fountain pen nibs *do* look cool, though.

If a fountain pen design is definitely a no-go, I still think the Pilot G2 refill is a fine cartridge to use. Gel pens are my second-favorite kind; I've been using them for a couple decades now and I've never been unhappy with one.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Any more interest in these? If not, what would it take? :)

I know you said its out if the question but - Parker refills.
Alternatively, how about something like the SureFire Pen that allows different kinds of refills to be used?

Some weight would be great, but not over-heavy please!

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't say I'm interested because I prefer clicky pens but it is a beautiful design and should be a hit. I do however love that light! What finish does it have?

keenism

Newly Enlightened
An Eyedropper or piston filling body compatible with Pelikan Nibs would be incredible...

keenism

Newly Enlightened
It's nice to see another FP user around. I'm happy they're still able to thrive in todays disposable "culture". Using a Pelikan m405 as my daily writer i've found most people don't even know what they are, but are very interested until they here the price(sound familiar everyone?); despite being able to last a lifetime and passed down generations if properly maintained...luckily i've been able to convert a few with noodler's pens.

edit: just read your first post, seems an ink level window in a metal pen might get tricky. Perhaps an "emergency" ink space could be implements and opened with a small lever/button.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I only own a couple fountain pens, and they're all "demonstrator" style, because I like being able to see the moving parts. I have two Pilots, a Sailor, and a Waterman. I had a Lamy for a while, but the steel nib was too stiff, and there was no screw-tight seal to keep the ink from drying out. That's actually a problem with the Waterman, too. I haven't come up with a good solution yet.

I also have a CopperPen, which is really a Caran d'Ache ballpoint made from unplated copper, which is nice when I want something less fiddly than my fountain pens. I have a few Zebra F-301s available as loaners, and an F-301 Compact in my pocket just in case.

Hi, my name is fyrstormer, and I'm a pen-aholic.

Last edited:

Latest posts