Ti clip as long as its removable
Brass button head screw - would prefer Ti with T-10 Torx
Threaded cap
Blue o-rings, look out of this world
Trit slots in head -like tip up at bottom of Torx
Bamboo styling is gorgeous

alexiusmeinong

Newly Enlightened
I'm definitely in. I LOVE the design of your prototype, but I'd likely be down for other iterations as well. I trust your aesthetic sensibilities. :)

999snafu

Newly Enlightened
Just seen this thread, I would definitely be in.

It's such a great looking design, most pens I seem to see on EDC forums/stores are pretty "tactical" in design & very pointy things whereas I like this simple design.

archer6817j

Enlightened
Yep, I have 5 aluminum prototypes and 2 titanium prototypes on my bench right now. The Al versions are going out for plate with my next batch of lights. I'll be launching these on Kickstarter as soon as my buddy finishes the video and we actually get approval on the site...which is much harder than it used to be!

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I have 5 aluminum prototypes and 2 titanium prototypes on my bench right now. The Al versions are going out for plate with my next batch of lights. I'll be launching these on Kickstarter as soon as my buddy finishes the video and we actually get approval on the site...which is much harder than it used to be!

Sounds exciting! I'd like to see what kickstarter can do for you on this project.

Raiden

Newly Enlightened
How about making a matching Pen Light (2 x AAA) with the same "bamboo" body. That would be SWEET!

PolygonalGuy

Newly Enlightened
Mont Blanc is a great pen and cartridge. I have owned a Standard for years and it is my favorite of all my mid levels instruments. Keep it Mont Blanc!

zeppo

Newly Enlightened
I would buy a Mont Blanc filled custom made pen for around 120 usd for sure. Call it the Prometheus White Mountain, there is a pun in there some where...

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got your email about Kickstarter for this project.

I just pledged my support of $65. I think you're an incredible craftsman. Keep up the great work.

sassaquin

Enlightened
Hi Jason -
Congratulations on the Kickstarter project for your 3-piece Alpha pen. It looks like it's off to an amazing start with the early bird backing for the titanium version selling out already. I was pleased to see you opted to eliminate the O-rings from the design, it looks more refined and fluid now without them.

The CNC lathe that you ordered looks superb and will surely benefit and expedite some of the future designs you have dreamed up. I'm rooting for a small EDC flashlight by the end of 2013. ;)

I'm very excited that I pledged for a titanium pen and will be following its progress over the next several months. Good luck on this ambitious and rapidly growing project. :thumbsup:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fully support...and Pledged!!! :thumbsup:

Question: how do I pledge for more than one of these? I have 8 Montblanc but I personally think I would carry and use this daily, especially if it feels balanced in my hand and allows me a comfortable grip while on heavy writing. I trust Jason's design & craftsmanship in this and that's why I want to get a few for myself, my wife and my business partner, but I don't think KickStarter allows me to make more than 1 pledge? Help...

gis8

Newly Enlightened
First Kickstarter I've backed, can't wait!

Though I know the design wouldn't make sense to have the o-rings, I'm sad to see that they didn't make it to the final product. :scowl:

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Backed and pledged! :twothumbs

Going for the Ti version! They look great, and if my Alpha flashlights are anything to go by...it will be top quality!
I know the pen looks better with out the o-rings...but can / could you still get them with it...when using a lot I like a grippy pen (I take notes/readings in hot tanks etc at work)

But glad to see Jason is getting more tools for the shop...can not wait for more great thinks to be created!

Paloa

Newly Enlightened
I have backed and pledged also. Thank-you. I missed the early bird batch but got into the next reward category.