Votes: 75 33.8%
  • Buy Both, Keep Both

Votes: 46 20.7%
  • Buy none, Keep none

Votes: 11 5.0%

• Total voters

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix E0 is out... Will it be replacing your Arc AAA?

Refer Thread 1, Thread 2 Review

Given that it is having slightly less brightness (on meter about 27% less) but to Eye, it would be more like 5% because of Lograthmic Eye Response.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc looks WAY BETTER!! It also has a better beam with a nice durable construction. Its like choosing a Golston VS Surefire. Just my 02 Cents.

Haz

Enlightened
I don't have a Fenix E0. However i do have an ArcAAA-P which i carry on the keyring. I want the smallest possible package on the keyring. Looking at the budge/belly on the E0 looks a bit of a turn-off, I prefer a slimmer light.

xdanx

Enlightened
Is the E0 selling to the public yet? I'd like to get one.

Here's some pics for comparison:

fenixe001.jpg

main.jpg

Last edited:

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
viren,

in the poll you have it has the E1... :p I'm sure you mean E0 right?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I look forward to further confirmation of the E0's performance and some beamshots. It almost sounds too good to be true. I still carry my old Arc AAA, but an E1 has also made it into my pocket, and it might find a permanent place. Now, like Torch Boy said, the E0 could be replacing the E1.

Geoff

dapyro

Newly Enlightened
I think I can't resist myself and will buy one, but will the runtime be a great advantage above the output? I like the amount of output of the E1 actually.

carrot

Flashaholic
Personally, I think the Arc-AAA is becoming less of a good value as Fenix makes comparable lights with lower prices and better regulation. The design of the Fenix L0P and E1 even rival the Arc-AAA, because they're designed to prevent crushing of the AAA cell or damage to the circuitboard by overtightening.

robertl999

Newly Enlightened
I like it. And the buldge on the belly matches my body...

Haz said:
I don't have a Fenix E0. However i do have an ArcAAA-P which i carry on the keyring. I want the smallest possible package on the keyring. Looking at the budge/belly on the E0 looks a bit of a turn-off, I prefer a slimmer light.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
TORCH_BOY said:
The Fenix E1 has replaced my Arc AAA, it now looks like the Fenix E0 will now replace my new E1

I can relate!:goodjob:

meat

Newly Enlightened
I want the smallest possible package on the keyring. Looking at the budge/belly on the E0 looks a bit of a turn-off, I prefer a slimmer light.

For all we know that bulge could be the same diameter as the AAA. If it is larger, it doesn't look like it is more than a millimeter in diameter larger. If you want the smallest package, why not go with a Photon?

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow... Thats a good response more than 50% willing to have slightly less bright... but FULLY Regulated light :)

paulr

Flashaholic
I see the actual photons coming out of a light like this as one of the least important aspects for evaluation. One doesn't choose between a Sebenza and some Gerber folder based solely on specs. Construction and style matter a lot more.

I don't understand this stuff about crushing the cells, either. I'm all for fail-safe design, but I can't imagine what kind of user would crank down an Arc AAA enough to crush the cell. I do agree that Arc's choice of battery contact is unsatisfying, but the Fenix L1p's is not any better. I don't know what the E0 uses.

Finally, I also don't care much about flat regulation in this type of light. Go for maximum lumen-seconds integrated over the total runtime subject to some basic constraints on runtime; be able to operate at very low voltage with a long "tail"; and the heck with trying to keep the output perfectly flat. Arc has traditionally had a much more efficient circuit than Fenix, though maybe that's changed.

The Arc AAA and Fenix L1p are among my favorite lights though each has deficiencies that I think should be improved. If the E0 combines the best of both lights and adds its own improvements, that's great, but I'm sure I see that happening yet.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
In true CPF fasion I will buy both...and then probably decide that the superior build quality of the Arc wins out over the excellent runtime of the Fenix for regular EDC.

CFU

Haz

Enlightened
meat said:
For all we know that bulge could be the same diameter as the AAA. If it is larger, it doesn't look like it is more than a millimeter in diameter larger. If you want the smallest package, why not go with a Photon?

good point meat, the photon is a good size, but dims far too quickly, i should have said smallest AAA package.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly I can't notice when my arc dims, so the semi-regulation is not a big deal for me. I already have my arc, and it's proven over the past 3+ years or so, and the finish is holding up well. So I'll stick with my Arc. My arc is old, but I replaced the led with the nichia CS so it's the same brightness as the new premium arcs. I've only replaced the battery once, and I use it daily.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the E0 on/off switch is like the Arc. If it`s like the L0P or E1 then it sounds like a winner. Guess we will know soon...if it has a spring in the bottom, then it probably doesn`t push the positive nipple into the board to turn on.

Fenix gives a lot of choices to the consumer...three AAA models...each very differant...perhaps well thought out. All good in their own way.

I was hoping Fenix would come out with a 2 AA Lux 5 wall of light...to compete with the Surefire L2~L4...no cigar....not yet anyway.

Ken

Haz

Enlightened
Badbeams said:
Fenix gives a lot of choices to the consumer...three AAA models...each very differant...perhaps well thought out. All good in their own way.

Fenix does give the consumer alot of choices with their variety of AA, and AAA configurations. I'm waiting for them to get into headlights, with single AA, or single AAA, I think it will be a popular choice.