Fenix LD41 Review - 4 AA - XM-L

eaglemax

Newly Enlightened
@froggyted

I am new to this torch collecting thing and so far have only got a Tesco torch and an Eagletac D25A but I fancy trying that LD41 or the D40, cannot make my mind up yet.

How come you never see these lights in shops? All I see is Led Lenser and half tempted to buy the P7.2 that man Ven rates, he writes good things about it.

tjh

Enlightened
I guess you don't see them in shops because you need to pay a bit more money for them and most people will not buy them. So they sell cheaper, more affordable (crappy) ones instead.

eaglemax

Newly Enlightened
I guess you don't see them in shops because you need to pay a bit more money for them and most people will not buy them. So they sell cheaper, more affordable (crappy) ones instead.

So because I only see Led Lenser in our UK shops they are rubbish, now I am confused as that man Ven writes good about them. I never knew they only sell rubbish torch's in shops as we have a shop called Maplins and there torch's look good.

tjh

Enlightened
Calm down :)

I shouldn't have said crappy. I just mean they cater to the lower, more affordable end of the market. They're not crap at all (LL are great) but they're more budget friendly to Joe average consumer who doesn't know much about torches and probably puts Zinc-carbon batteries in the torches they do own.

eaglemax

Newly Enlightened
Calm down :)

I shouldn't have said crappy. I just mean they cater to the lower, more affordable end of the market. They're not crap at all (LL are great) but they're more budget friendly to Joe average consumer who doesn't know much about torches and probably puts Zinc-carbon batteries in the torches they do own.

Budget friendly?, they cost more than torch's I see on the site I bought my D25A.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had my LD41 about a week now and LOVE it!
It was a bit gritty and seemed to take two tries to turn on after a battery swap; cleaning and Nyogel have smoothed out each issue.
GREAT light!!

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
Just download the catalog kj75 shared,there is a LD41 2015 edition,upgrated to 960 lumens.

Latest posts