Fenix P1D-CE - your opinions?

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received an olive P1D Q5 today and it's been on my keychain (probably will stay there for a while) from the second i pulled it out of the packaging :D

That said, two things i'm not so crazy about:
- HA is a bit lower quality (on mine, at least) - the head and the body don't match, which doesn't bother me that much, and there's also a "splotch" of different texture and color on half of the head, which bothers me (albeit only slightly)
- it has a silver core cree and a pretty prominent yellow ring around one half of the hotspot

But all in all, i'm happy to add it to my keychain ring :)

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
That said, two things i'm not so crazy about:
- HA is a bit lower quality (on mine, at least) - the head and the body don't match, which doesn't bother me that much, and there's also a "splotch" of different texture and color on half of the head, which bothers me (albeit only slightly)
- it has a silver core cree and a pretty prominent yellow ring around one half of the hotspot

That describes my Olive P1D Q5 exactly. I love this light. I had one with a leef body which I sold and regretted it. That's why I got the Olive one.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I love my P1D. It's really a 'must-have' for EDC. I started off with a P1D CE on my keychain nearly two years ago and moved up recently to a Q5. I really like the short chunky form factor, controllable levels, and really bright high when needed. It's always comforting to know that I will always have such a powerful and versatile little torch at hand even if I accidentally leave the house without one of my bigger lights. Plus, as has been rightly pointed out before, it's a crowd pleaser for the unenlightened masses.

I've put mine on an old Mag Solitaire short keychain lanyard so it's easier to handle while still on the keys, and the detachable Sputnik hub that makes up the chain means I can whip it off in a second.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Whoah... :D
How do you keep your pockets from disintegrating?

Carry the keys in my jacket pocket and don't stuff my hands in. Actually, carrying a small wad of material or a hanky at the base of the pocket helps too.
At the moment, with the hot weather, the keys go in one of the small pockets on my almost indestructable Maxpediation MPB.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That describes my Olive P1D Q5 exactly. I love this light. I had one with a leef body which I sold and regretted it. That's why I got the Olive one.

Wow, this is pretty weird. The "splotch" on the head disappeared over a day-two of carrying the P1D on my keychain. It's... just gone. The head's still of a different color then the body, though, and seems a bit more susceptible to scratching (there are a few micro-scratches on it, from the keys i'm guessing).

Re: pockets - i've found a new place for my P1D... When i'm wearing my vest (one of those with a ton of pockets, i wear them even in summer when i'm out and about), i just clip it to one of the D-rings that are conveniently placed next to the upper front pockets. I always wondered what those are for :D

When i take the vest off, i just quickly reclip it to the keys...

Last edited:

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine are really minute (you can see them only if you look real close - shoving-your-nose-into-it close) and don't go through the oxide layer. They are more like tiny deviations in the HA texture than scratches.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine are really minute (you can see them only if you look real close - shoving-your-nose-into-it close) and don't go through the oxide layer. They are more like tiny deviations in the HA texture than scratches.

and yet, those are the most annoying when you take macro shots....and you'd be surprised how much DUST is actually on your light when you get that close....

i had to use a fair bit of photoshop on the picture i posted earlier..

Crenshaw

Latest posts