Fenix TK35 XM-L T6 - review (BEAMSHOTS e COMPARISON)

NickBose

Enlightened
Re: Donut hole, doughnut hole

Looks like I have to put up with the hole. However I must reckon it's very bright. But if you are a perfectionist, think twice.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting that quite a number of people have viewed this thread since I asked yesterday for a couple of pretty simple measurements...including at least one owner, yet, not even one response nor PM to help out.

Is there simply a lack of measuring tools available out there?

Bueller? Bueller?

:shrug:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the delay, I only just got this light yesterday.

The face, the area with the "Fenix TK35" label, is 34.5mm tall (between the rounded grippy parts). The width of the body at that point, including the rounded grippy parts, is 41mm. The "depth" of the body, between the labeled face and the unlabeled face, is 21mm. The tail section is 33mm by 43mm. By comparison, the body of a D-cell Mag is about 39mm wide, so the TK35 is a couple mm wider, but of course it's not that wide all around.

unique

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. I just bought of these last night. It will be my newest flash light purchase in two years! I never in a million years would have thought I would have such a collection after buying the TK10. Even after two years of not bothering looking at flashlights I decided to buy another one even after two years :laughing:.

Can't wait to test this out. I work at a place where there are vast empty fields(just trees and few buildings apart from each other) of pitch black at night so this light will be awesome to use there when walking around the site. :grin2:

mefistofele86

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review. I just bought of these last night. It will be my newest flash light purchase in two years! I never in a million years would have thought I would have such a collection after buying the TK10. Even after two years of not bothering looking at flashlights I decided to buy another one even after two years :laughing:.

Can't wait to test this out. I work at a place where there are vast empty fields(just trees and few buildings apart from each other) of pitch black at night so this light will be awesome to use there when walking around the site. :grin2:

Thank you! You will appreciate TK35 a lot thanks to its useful beam and its size.

unique

Enlightened
Thank you! You will appreciate TK35 a lot thanks to its useful beam and its size.
No problem :D

People saying the light has a donut hole, I think you should just live with it. I don't see how if can affect your use in anyway. My TK11 R2 has very faint donut hole you can see but it's never been a problem.

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
TK35 tail stands precariously because the on/off switch is too protruding. Just replace it with a less protruding to avoid this detail.
How hard would that be to replace, and where could I get a better switch or cover?
Thanks

Last edited:

Kilted

Enlightened
No problem :D

People saying the light has a donut hole, I think you should just live with it. I don't see how if can affect your use in anyway. My TK11 R2 has very faint donut hole you can see but it's never been a problem.

I just bought one and came in the mail today. The "hole" I do not see as a "hole". A doughnut hole implies an absence of light which is truly not the case. It seems to me to be a reflector artifact that is adding extra light around the outside edge of the beam pattern.

Die is perfectly centered and color looks good slight green on low and other levels appear to be OK.

I have replaced a number of often used lights with LED bulbs in my house and discovered the HUGH range of colors you get from various vendors for the same color temp.

The flashlight's color appears to be well with in the "normal" range. My TK40 tint is a lot warmer than the TK35.

=D~~Kilted

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like I have to put up with the hole. However I must reckon it's very bright. But if you are a perfectionist, think twice.

After reading your posts, i tried out all my lights from 4sevens, Lumintop, Trustfire, iTP, Fenix, at a certain distance, there will be a visible donut hole, it goes away when you move the flashlight away from the wall (or in my case table) you are shining your light on. Not really an issue since you'd most likely be using this big light for objects several feet away.

squaat

Newly Enlightened

... Not really an issue since you'd most likely be using this big light for objects several feet away.

This is really quite true. My tk35 does indeed have a donught hole, however it is only noticeable when white wall hunting from less than 3m, which is not a distance where you would need 820 lumens. In real life usage, the slight doughnut hole doesn't have any noticeable effect.

lswindell4

Newly Enlightened

I have used numerous flashlights in my career in the US Army Infantry and mainly used Surefires towards the end of my career. I still have a Surefire D2 Defender with updated drop in, a Streamlight Stylus Pro, Olight S10 Baton, Olight M21-X Warrior (which I would use as a room clearer if in an active duty combat role), a 500 Lun frontgate (gift from a friend) and a Fenix TK35. The tk35 is by far the brightest light I have and the one I use most outside, as I live in the country in an isolated area. I have experienced no problems with donut holes in real life situations. I am an avid outdoorsman and have put the tk35 through some rough use and it has held up great. I am impressed by the runtimes I am getting with standard CR123A's. I am in the process of researching the best 18650 batteries/charger, particularly for my for my tk35, Olight M21 X and Surefire. I definitely recommend the tk35!

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats about your story about the TK35! It works great with Panasonic cells. From my own experience after owning the light for almost 3 years now, i've had no such problems with the light. If you want to purchase protected 18650's get the ones that are based on Panasonic Cells (like Eagletac's, Efest, Orbtronic, etc etc) As for the chargers, maybe the Sysmax i4 charger might be to your liking.

There is a new TK35 V2 which uses the newer U2 led for an added boost of output 820 (old) 860 (new), plus the boot is no longer made of plastic material, also some minor changes in the knurling. Just an FYI if you cant get enough of this light and want another. :)

Good luck with your battery/charger hunt! :)

LightCrazy

Enlightened

I would be interested in this light some time. Does anyone have any experience with the newest U2 version? Thanks.