Fenix TK75 (3xXM-L U2, 4x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

kj2

Flashaholic
I want also a RC40, it will be beast i think. But are the springs inside the batteryholder of the TK75 strong enough, they will not break?

Everytime the batteries goes inside it and out. Takes alot of stress for the springs isnt it?

And im sorry for my angryness towards you in the last days.

Ive lost a good friend a week ago, because of that, i was feeling bad last week.

Remco

The springs will hold-up just fine :)

RemcoM

Enlightened

For how long can i left the batteryholder with the batteries in it, inside my TK75?

Can my lion 18650 not leak, when left in the TK75 for 1 month or so?

And yes, its a monsterflashlight. It lights up everything,in wide area.

RemcoM

Enlightened

Thank you for your reply.

What means (protected) 18650 Eden Panasonic lion cells?

I have forgotten, last night, my 18650 to get take out of the charger,

I hope they not overcharged.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you.

Remco

kj2

Flashaholic

Thank you.

Remco

If you have a good charger, the charger will prevents on his own that it won't over-charge. Otherwise the protecting-board on the battery will do that job.
Protected means that the battery will prevents it self for over-charging, over-discharging and some also prevent over-heating.

kwak

Enlightened

Thank you.

Remco

Bit of advice from someone that has been using Lithium batteries for the last 15 or so years.

NEVER leave lithium batteries on charge overnight.
You should only charge lithium batteries when you are in a position to monitor them.

Personally i cannot advise strongly enough for people NOT to charge their batteries in their torches.
My advice is to buy a decent charger and use that.

Charging is the most dangerous time with lithium batteries, add to that charging in a sealed container with no ventilation and it's a disaster waiting to happen.
It's ridiculous that torches manufacturers are pushing in torch charging with multi-cell lithium 18650's, i've already read about one kid that uses his torch to charge ALL his 18650's all varying capacities and age.

Someone is going to get hurt eventually, i'm amazed that torch manufacturers are willing to run the risk of law suits.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
Bit of advice from someone that has been using Lithium batteries for the last 15 or so years.

NEVER leave lithium batteries on charge overnight.
You should only charge lithium batteries when you are in a position to monitor them.

Personally i cannot advise strongly enough for people NOT to charge their batteries in their torches.
My advice is to buy a decent charger and use that.

Charging is the most dangerous time with lithium batteries, add to that charging in a sealed container with no ventilation and it's a disaster waiting to happen.
It's ridiculous that torches manufacturers are pushing in torch charging with multi-cell lithium 18650's, i've already read about one kid that uses his torch to charge ALL his 18650's all varying capacities and age.

Someone is going to get hurt eventually, i'm amazed that torch manufacturers are willing to run the risk of law suits.

do you think that the manufacturers have made them safer in recent years?

kwak

Enlightened
do you think that the manufacturers have made them safer in recent years?

Absolutely, both chargers and batteries have come on leaps and bounds in the last 5 years.

Problem is though, even if it's 1 in a million chance that the batteries fizz, the consequences of a unattended lithium battery fire is extremely dire.
Even IF you manage to catch it before it ignites nearby things, the smoke is extremely acidic, very dense and an absolute nightmare to clean up after, it basically means that anything the smoke comes into contact with will rot within a short period of time.

I was reading a report a few months back where the health and safety executive in the US said that there are fires in the US caused by lithium batteries daily.
Be it people falling to sleep with their laptop on their bed and it self igniting from overheating, or laptops left plugged in 24/7.

It's nothing to put the charger in a well ventilated location and keep and eye on it while charging.
Yet such a small compromise will dramatically reduce even a small risk.

So my advice is, buy decent cells, buy a decent charger, do not charge inside the torch and NEVER leave any batteries charging unattended (i've seen NiMh's exploded and turn the owners car into a shell before the fire department arrived).

RemcoM

Enlightened
OT post removed. Not pertinent to topic. --Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Fugu75

Newly Enlightened
Why are most people outside on the street not interested, when i shine around with a standard flashlight, of 100 lumen, or so?

And when shine around with the TK75, are they still not interested?

What is it with todays people?

Remco
Rude post removed, violation of Rule 4, flaming.--Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

RemcoM

Enlightened
If you have a good charger, the charger will prevents on his own that it won't over-charge. Otherwise the protecting-board on the battery will do that job.
Protected means that the battery will prevents it self for over-charging, over-discharging and some also prevent over-heating.

Hi,

Why can, that i have alot of dust inside my TK75, on the reflectors?

Why can the manufacterer not prevent that?

Or can dust from my house easily get inside it?

You see it, when on low mode, and i look at the reflectors.

Do you have dust also, when you have your TK75 on lowmode?

Thanks for your help.

Remco

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi,
Why can, that i have alot of dust inside my TK75, on the reflectors?
Why can the manufacterer not prevent that?
Or can dust from my house easily get inside it?
You see it, when on low mode, and i look at the reflectors.
Do you have dust also, when you have your TK75 on lowmode?
Thanks for your help.
Remco

I have no dust on my reflector. If the assembly-area is clean enough they could prevent it, but dust is everywhere.

RemcoM

Enlightened
I have no dust on my reflector. If the assembly-area is clean enough they could prevent it, but dust is everywhere.

Hi, Does your TK75 also shine very wide in your opinion?

Whats your personal opinion about the ,low medium, high, and turbo mode of your TK75?

Do you personally see alot of difference between the 1100 lumen high mode, and the 2600 lumen turbomode?

I will go tonight test the low mode in the forest, is that good, or to less light, to explore the forest at night?

Remco

herosemblem

Enlightened
My unit has a significant difference between high and turbo modes.
Low mode is fine for exploring the forest with night-adapted eyes. Any brighter and you will just blind yourself with the light reflected off the many nearby trees.

kj2

Flashaholic
Hi, Does your TK75 also shine very wide in your opinion?
Whats your personal opinion about the ,low medium, high, and turbo mode of your TK75?
Do you personally see alot of difference between the 1100 lumen high mode, and the 2600 lumen turbomode?
I will go tonight test the low mode in the forest, is that good, or to less light, to explore the forest at night?
Remco
Yes, Perfect, Yes, low can be to low in a forest/ depends on how dark it is/how far you want to see.

Kick

Newly Enlightened

Did you take yours apart to remove the dust, or did it come dust free from the factory ? My TK-35 and TK-75 have dust inside of them.

Kick

Newly Enlightened
It came dust-free, you can't access the head/reflector.
What about cleaning the reflector ? Would a microfiber cloth and a 50/50 mixture of distilled water and 70% isopropyl alcohol be safe, as to not remove any coating on the outside of the reflector ?

kj2

Flashaholic
What about cleaning the reflector ? Would a microfiber cloth and a 50/50 mixture of distilled water and 70% isopropyl alcohol be safe, as to not remove any coating on the outside of the reflector ?

again, you can't access the reflector. The only thing you can clean in the glass. I use just a microfiber cloth nothing else.

Latest posts