FF4 VS FF3

biglights

Enlightened
I thought I saw somewhere where the groupbuy is going to be $210 while the price on the website is $270?

Yes this is from a different seller. Bill from doingoutdoor I believe. He was going to sell them to U.S. Then he got complaints and emailed me back and said he could not send to U.S. It was a great deal even with shipping, I think it was like $230 or something in that range.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes this is from a different seller. Bill from doingoutdoor I believe. He was going to sell them to U.S. Then he got complaints and emailed me back and said he could not send to U.S. It was a great deal even with shipping, I think it was like $230 or something in that range.

LATEST DEVELOPMENT (from Bill):

[FONT=宋体]good news and bad news[/FONT]
good news: the first batch FF4 produced.
bad news: a few of glasses broken when doing heating test, so all glasses will be changed. (FF4 let the glass producer make again)

about 1 more week delay.
very sorry for that

FYI folks

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I saw somewhere where the groupbuy is going to be $210 while the price on the website is $270?
Neither of those are from Lips. Lips has an exclusive arrangement with Fire-Foxes to supply the FF4 to the US. No other FF4 dealers are allowed to ship to the US. Because you know a monopoly always benefits the consumer.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, there are 2 FF4 sellers via pre-order (or buy when available): both prohibited from selling to USA residents though

1. doingoutdoor.com (Bill), $210, plus freight, visit website for freight rates
2. flashlight-torch - $270, freight included

Patriot

Flashaholic
Patriot, can you elaborate why it doesn't fit a role for you? Battery life or another concern(s)? Bummed to hear we won't be getting one of your superb video reviews on this light soon! :(

Run-time is the main reason. The FF4 is on the cutting edge of output to displacement ratio and because of this, it's going to get hot rapidly and 4 x 18650's aren't going to power it at 65w for very long. I just don't have a use important enough right now for me to spend the money on it, even though it's going to be outstanding. Obviously, if someone sent me one for testing and beamshot comparisons, I wouldn't refuse.

I'm sorry, but I disagree...the reverse is true...a monopoly is most beneficial to the seller.

I think he was being facetious. ;)

IMSabbel

Enlightened
doingoutdoor.com has the FF4 at $210 plus freight, unfortunately, shipping to non-USA addressed customers too.

Strangely, it told me that they couldn't ship to germany despite having a price listing for mailing to europe (and using DHL, i.e. a germany company, for shipping).

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strangely, it told me that they couldn't ship to germany despite having a price listing for mailing to europe (and using DHL, i.e. a germany company, for shipping).

Sometimes his website does not work properly, I suggest contacting him through his email address [email protected]

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if Bill will combine shipping for the FF4? No info on their website and I've been trying to email him a few times with no answer.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if Bill will combine shipping for the FF4? No info on their website and I've been trying to email him a few times with no answer.

I think it's $210 plus $30 for EMS or plus $18 for E packet. If you wish for other couriers, just email him, though sometimes he does not reply as fast as you wish he will.

Hellchicken

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. I asked him the same thing a month ago and he answered shipping is possible to Germany with DHL for 28$. But they do not ship Batteries to Germany. Maybe something got confused...

Edit: He said in his mail "if our store doesn't work in your area when you ready to place order, you could tell us your paypal account and we will send invoice via our paypal account".

Last edited:

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I asked him the same thing a month ago and he answered shipping is possible to Germany with DHL for 28$. But they do not ship Batteries to Germany. Maybe something got confused..

It means the $210 FF4 can be shipped to Germany via DHL for $28 additional charge, total of $238 shipped to Germany, but batteries cannot be sent to UK, Italy and Germany in the meantime because of postal restrictions in some countries with regards to the shipment of Li-Ion cells via air, though some countries have lifted the ban.

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried to order on the site to ship to Canada but when I try to use the check out, the site says it doesn't ship to my region.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried to order on the site to ship to Canada but when I try to use the check out, the site says it doesn't ship to my region.

His website is problematic lately and if you can't get a definite order I suggest you contact him through his email [email protected]