Fill in the blank. "If you, you just might be a flashaholic!"

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy, I started this off on another thread about do you have too many flashlights, and thought it would be fun to see what everyone else could come up with for fun. So...have at it, folks! :)

Here's an example:

"If you have enough flashlights to use a different one every day of the year, you just might be a flashaholic!"

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you buy more alkaline batteries than you can possibly use before they leak, you just might be a flashaholic!

"But Honey, I got a really good price for them, they were on sale, I saved TONS of money!"

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you buy more alkaline batteries than you can possibly use before they leak, you just might be a flashaholic!

"But Honey, I got a really good price for them, they were on sale, I saved TONS of money!"
Thats not a joke but a serious concern for me.

I'm really concerned that the batteries have the right origins. I say this because Chinese CR123s are known to be unsafe and the USA ones are literally the good ones. But then there is the fact that no one shares any cost savings with you by buying the cheap Asian ones they just pocket profits that would have paid for western labourers to build the batteries.

With that in mind if I see Japanese, European, American, or Israeli batteries I buy all I can get. Sometimes the same brands switch where they are made for years at a time. So you really need to stock up.

Recently I bought some D Panasonics that are made in Belgium and they were leaking in the package. I bought like 22 two packs of them. Not only were they cheap but made in EU. Now I check them in storage every month.

Lithium and rechargables don't have this issue but I'm starting to have enough Fujitsu and Eneloops that I have to rotate them into use so they don't just sit around.

I wonderif I'll ever really be away from alkalines but it seems that way.

If you spend more money on a drop-in to convert your incan to LED than what a comparable new LED light costs, you just might be a flashaholic!

A comparable LED light would not have the ability to WOW! 😳 your Mag friends.
IMG_1590.jpeg

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats not a joke but a serious concern for me.

I'm really concerned that the batteries have the right origins. I say this because Chinese CR123s are known to be unsafe and the USA ones are literally the good ones. But then there is the fact that no one shares any cost savings with you by buying the cheap Asian ones they just pocket profits that would have paid for western labourers to build the batteries.

With that in mind if I see Japanese, European, American, or Israeli batteries I buy all I can get. Sometimes the same brands switch where they are made for years at a time. So you really need to stock up.

Recently I bought some D Panasonics that are made in Belgium and they were leaking in the package. I bought like 22 two packs of them. Not only were they cheap but made in EU. Now I check them in storage every month.

Lithium and rechargables don't have this issue but I'm starting to have enough Fujitsu and Eneloops that I have to rotate them into use so they don't just sit around.

I wonderif I'll ever really be away from alkalines but it seems that way.
You might just be a flashaholic!:clap::party:(y)

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 45373
Hello everyone, my name is scalpel_ninja and I'm a flashaholic.

I replaced the reflector and bulb of a 6D Maglite with a Malkoff M91T and aluminum heat sink. Then I wove a two-color paracord grip and handle.
Welcome scalpel_ninja. Group therapy is here, 24/7. You bring the coffee and cookies tomorrow. Your buddy will be assigned later, depending on if we get a volunteer for you.

Nice paracord grip! It will aid your grip on the light when it gets bloody from "defending" yourself. :twak:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your friend that thinks they are into flashlights because they have one MagLite. They think that they or their agency spent a lot on it even tho its stock and black and will tell you it is the best.

They really exist.
Okay, I can imagine that. I'll definitely take your word for it that they exist, but to my knowledge, none have made their existence known to me. So, I wouldn't know if I had a Mag friend or not.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you need to do more outdoors activities or work on some projects that are automotive related and would need a light at some point in order to complete a task to discover them. Or just strike up a conversation about hobbies and be like yeah I'm into lights. Most guys that like tools, edc, guns, the outdoors, or work a trade also tend to have a flashlight. It usually isn't the most exciting piece of kit though.

I met a few people into flashlights on a trade board and messer/messen forums. One was like dude you should totally go to CPF but I already had an active account here when he told me.