Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-III (3)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's unfortunate that it has to be postponed, I was looking forward to it. During the time we're supposed to meet, it's still raining (or drizzling) all over Singapore. And this time the destination was Bukit Timah Hill. There're going to be slopes that are slippery and muddy and there's suppose to be a lady joining us. So, as a precaution against our wishes, it might be a wiser choice to postpone.

Having said that, we WILL have another go as soon as it's convenient. Hope the initial interested members can join in once again. Weather is beyond anyone's control, we can only plan ahead so much. :thinking:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
Roadie,

rain could mean slippery paths, risk of falling branches & lightning (as was reported). din know you were used to being stuck by lightning... :laughing:

eh, i am organising the trip for all, i hope you can understand that not everyone is like you. :poke:

as an organiser i would like to have a fun filled outing, but not at the expense of safety. as a flashaholic, i live by Murphy's Law. fyi, in brightly lit S'pore, i carry at least an EDC. i never know when lightning will strike, why take such un-necessary risk?

you have a good devise/plan to deflect lightning strike? :whistle:

its disappointing to cancel an outing that was postponed. i hope others share the view that safety comes 1st. i hope to organise the outing again, till then others who wish to do so can go ahead & organsie 1 to other places i am not in the know of. :popcorn:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with sore-eyez. When organizing a group outing safety is very important. I frequent Pulau Ubin on almost most weekends since almost 10 yrs back and occasionally I do organize or help organize outing to Ubin. One thing I am very particular about, such that it develops a paranoia is safety. Having been injured several times in Ubin and on one occasion needing 8 stitches on my palm, I can't tell you how important safety is all about. Also, when organizing a group outing, we cannot assume that everyone would share the same level of physique and stamina. Ultimately we are there to enjoy our hobby so why would we want the rest who can't keep up to suffer? Moreover, any injuries sustained by someone in the group would ultimately spoil all the fun of the entire group. So safety first, even if it means disappointments.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
To sore-eyez,

I don't know if it would be apt to call this a word of advice but here goes..

I do notice that you (like I once was) had organized numerous outings, and almost always met with limited responses. Here's my suggestion.

Form a small core group of maybe 2 or 3 who are all for it. So when you organize any outings and the rest could not turn up for whatever reasons, go ahead with the outing with your core group. This way it would minimize or eliminate any last minute disappointments.

Hope that helps.

ps.. I most likely would be able to make it this Sat if you guys are planning an outing.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hi pjandyho,

nice to know others who hold the opinion that safety comes 1st. yeah, i do not know everyone's fitness level & sometimes accidents do happen, just that bad weather means a higher probability of accidents happening, much higher... :sick2:

yeah, having a core group makes an outing easier, but sometimes its hard work getting a confirmation for 1 reason or another? :candle:

the disappointment for the latest outing may deter others who never went to 1, a "little" more unwilling to commit. my bad... :sick2:

in S'pore we are a rare group, for those who express their interest in an outing even more rare. :candle: & i hope others who never go for such outings will come, there is always hope!! :twothumbs

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
So sore-eyez, will there be any outing this Saturday? My schedule seems very free this Saturday. Wifey is not in, job postponed, not going to Pulau Ubin... What do you say? And Zeruel?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I just realized a few postings up that you stated you may not be free next few Saturdays. So looks like I would have to find other activities then.

SemperFi

Banned
Interesting to have read several recent responses as feedbacks & opinions addressing "Safety" and sustaining pleasure or fun while out together and unknowing who is equally fit or somewhat lesser on stamina etc.

Yes, it is imperative & unquestionably too, that safety is an inevitable priority to consider first & foremost above all else before working down the checklist.

Onto the "core group", that is indeed a demise when the lack of a resolute decision keeps appearing. In most small and unregulated groups where until such time, you form as a serious but equally dedicated and jovial buddies group, it is hard to determine the wants and likes to the whims of each individual making a serious commitment... and yes, unless you are on your own, taking into account with others involved does apply a relevant amount of sacrifice and "kowtow" with trivial compromises.

Hence, if I may suggest, and it appears among you all, however small the numbers may appear, it is worth considering setting up an agenda of scheduled dates for the season or for the next 6 months if it helps out.

This way, anyone following the thread can have an overall view of dates in advance and it helps pan out with planning as well.

If I can see what dates are involved too, I can for my part pre-determine in advance when I can join in as well with my next flight into your country when the occasion next arises as oppose to waiting for the next suggestion or proposal and again be met with a disappointing pass and having it disbanded at the 11th hour.

I gather most of you are working and rely heavily on yr Blackberry and calendar schedules... well, put this to good use as well on the future outings.

I don't anymore, (being retired since '86) but still think its only prudent that a desired thrill or adventure still adheres to some degree of responsible commitment even at a level of fun & entertainment with one's EDC's esp. when involved with others.... think about it...

Btw, my Fenix PD30 R4 has arrived as assured the day I returned from a week long vacation in the UK.
It is much smaller and compact as oppose to my T1 and its brighter & whiter in the illumination too.
I ordered simultaneously a Nite ize that rotates 360 degrees holster strap that clips on the waist belt.
I have so far 3 already for each of my smaller EDCs. Its very handy and leaves yr hands with more maneuverability and I have now two units on one holster itself given the size of the PD30.

I have combined the 200mAh Green laser with the PD30, its a super match packed together and both takes in the CR123s accompanied by another pack filled with reserve RCRs as backup ammo of 12x pieces....:twothumbs

I will share/post some pics later, after I settle down, as I just returned and still needs to remove the large Thule Atlantic 900 skibox (650 liters) off my car.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hi SemperFi,

even i as an organiser do not know if i will be free more than 2 months ahead... :duh2:

also, an outdoor outings will depend on the weather too. but thanks for the suggestion. ;)

SemperFi

Banned
hi SemperFi,

even i as an organiser do not know if i will be free more than 2 months ahead... :duh2:

also, an outdoor outings will depend on the weather too. but thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Hiya Soreyes....:laughing:

Aiyahhhh...organizing such an outing is not a big task la....hahaaa... unless there are lots of logistics involved...with this hobby & fancy, simple commitment is all it takes. That's the core devotion on any hobby.

Yes, weather does hamper and hinder any plans...even if an arrangement is planned and agreed two days prior...and no one shows up... quite understandable when they are all not die-hards after all....heheh.:crackup:

You should try anyway... and seeing that most are in continued employ and only weekends are left over... pull out your entire year's calendar en check the favorable Saturdays and/or Sundays and the options which will still give lots of time to ponder & consider by everyone for the next remaining 35 remaining weeks of this year. List them and have it presented in a follow-up thread so anyone can select way in advance as suited to each individual choice and discuss on the feedbacks gathered to determine a better consensus of selected dates by the majority.

Surely, at least two or 4 gatherings would be made possible out of the whole year if members gets to pick and choose and seriously pull themselves to it.... that's what a good hobby is all about... making yourself committed to your hobby... "throw out" and flush away those habitual excuses....:sigh::duh2::laughing:

here are the pics on my recent acquisitions to my EDCs... both on the multitool and the latest Fenix fancy flashlights....:twothumbs

My Leatherman Charge T1....
18141929.jpg

The hip partner package

e237f10d.jpg

The Bits as accompanied...

7f3ebf52.jpg

My EDCs that hung by the hip...

99263b52.jpg

Securely mounted on the NiteIze

22123a59.jpg

50cc5e49.jpg

Last edited:

Wong

Newly Enlightened
Hi All ,

Where can I buy smart PD D10 ( AA ) in Singapore ? ( Q5 or R2 )

Please feel free to contact me at : [email protected] if you know where and who is selling it :)

Thanks and regards
Wong

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any meetups here in SG anytime soon?

We're trying to arrange, but our trail guide is busy this one or two months so we've to postpone it a bit.

Hi All ,

Where can I buy smart PD D10 ( AA ) in Singapore ? ( Q5 or R2 )

Please feel free to contact me at : [email protected] if you know where and who is selling it :)

Thanks and regards
Wong

Not the thread to ask, but I'll let you know via pm.

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
CEJ: Hi cateye bro! Remember me from HWZ?:poke:

hyperloop: thanks for directing me here..... I'm a real blur sotong:tinfoil:

Hi all! I'm "new" here..... haa haa....

Currently still flashlight SIAO..... but $$$ is holding me back from getting more Flashlight Therapy...

have bookmarked this threadlovecpf

Hope there will be a gathering during MAY as I think I'm still a free/unemployed man.... :D

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: lobsterx

have yet to attend a gathering, health reasons the last time round, work for the others but i would love to meet up too

SemperFi

Banned
Hi Guys... Time sure flies like the speed of LED lights....lovecpf

:welcome: "hyperloop"... and taking yr time with the right lights and felling all flashed up is what it gets with these dazzling devices... :twothumbs

I am glad to try out some possible applications for my Fenix headband, it arrived yesterday & flanked on either side with the PD30s on a cap.

Soon, the HP10 will arrive complimenting further but I'll see how that option will offer when it arrives in under 10 days I was assured by the Vendor. I think the HP 10 (225 lumens) is soon unavailable (if it is not already as there is a newer model now but with lesser Lumens...:eek:)

Will add the AR102 pressure switch for the TK12 R5 which just arrived.

With my Cyborg baseball cap... outfitted with 3x PD 30s...and my guard dog with a the same or similar setup... we are like mobile lighthouses on the move...hahaaa!!! :evil:
I recommend this simple but effective configuration which also leaves your hands free hacking through any thick underbush you guys plan to plough through someday....

Here's my TK40 on the side of the driving seat.

SAM_0105.jpg

The Fenix AR102 Pressure switches for my TK12s

SAM_0109.jpg

SAM_0111.jpg

The Headband that is actually handy and ideal to have leaving yr hands free!!!

SAM_0114.jpg

Here's my other cap that stays in the car when needed and outfitted with only one PD30.

SAM_0118.jpg

SAM_0119.jpg

It is now upgraded into this>>>>

SAM_0123.jpg

SAM_0125.jpg

SAM_0132-1.jpg