Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here're some (crappy) iPhone pics taken on the move.

BUKIT BROWN CEMETERY

img1931hv.jpg

Notice board on gate pillar. Not that anyone is keeping the gate locked after 5.30pm. Perhaps it's to remind the inhabitants their visiting hours. :eek:oo:
Light: SC600

img1956q.jpg

Gate that is so stereotypical. All we need is some bats to fly overhead to complete the picture.

img1932.jpg

Road, left and right are tombstones. Not sure who's in front, probably James or Andy or..... :duh2:
Light: Thrunite TN12

img1936h.jpg

Suddenly, someone spoiled the mood. My spider sense told me I should have brought a rope, a stout one.
Light: see next pic

img1938r.jpg

Polarion Night Reaper. Triode, i hate you....

img1937nl.jpg

Ok, I have to admit, it's impressive. Kind of makes me want to do the lightsaber noise.

img1939f.jpg

Subject: Some tombstones, you can differentiate the rich from the poor.
Light: Different lights

img1942i.jpg

More tombstones
Light: I think it was Fenix LD15

img1944a.jpg

James here getting a sunburn from the Polarion.

img1946f.jpg

Very peculiar white leaves scattered on the ground in just one particular area.

img1953rk.jpg

Little Miss Muffet's BIG friend.
Light: Think it was Sore-eyez's E1L

img1959em.jpg

We exited the cemetery and found that the Garmen's plan has already commenced. This place will NOT be here much longer, I'm afraid.

img1961vo.jpg

On our way to have a drink, we spotted a motorized bicycle. Probably owned by David.

img1965sg.jpg

Hoard of the day. No, no one used the beer bottle as a lamp yesterday. To be honest, except for someone-who-spoiled-the-market, I'm surprised we didn't bring a lot of firepower considering the location we were going. For me, I was trying to keep the weight down to the minimum, hence I didn't bring my triple XM-L, XM-L thrower and all. All in all, this gathering has the nicest outdoor temperature I've experienced albeit the moonlight kind of dampened the thing but not that much.

Last edited:

chanjyj

Enlightened
Sadly, I lend out my D700 to a friend and I am too lazy to carry the D3s along. Hehehe... No photos dude. It was a fun trip. No hauntings and we get to play with all our lights whenever Triode888 turn off his HID Polarion.

All of us---> :twak: <---Triode888

Unfortunately we got no ropes to tie him onto a tree.

Polarion? Did I hear Polarion?!

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
thanks Andy for organising the outing, i din know wad to expect, but it was darker than i expected.

nice pics, Zeruel. :devil: just dun ask me when i am organising an outing... :whistle:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
just dun ask me when i am organising an outing... :whistle:
So when you organizing an outing? :devil:

Enjoyable trip guys. Quite fun it is and I like the coffeeshop chap after the trip.

Zeruel, nice of you to share the photos from your iPhone. I am quite sure the guy standing in front is me as I was trying to keep a distance from being scorched by the Polarion. I am sorry guys that I did not pack my camera along on this trip due to laziness on my part. :duck:

I am sure you guys have seen, it was embarrassing to be caught by my client for not taking on a job and telling him that I am busy and only to be seen with you guys chatting happily in Adam Food Centre... The truth is I had had enough of missing those previous trips that was organized due to jobs and thought that I should really enjoy myself this time round and get to know you guys better.

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Tks Andy for bringing us together. Tks Zuruel for the nice pics. Got a few pics myself to post but just need to sort out host URL issues. Tks Triode for the lights! Tks all for the great camaraderie and experience. Chan you should join us next time. Looking forward to these quarterly trips?

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Re: Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4) Graves and Tombstones.

Hope this Nokia with AF 5MP and Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/4.7 lens works :

You can get lost in this 180 yr old cemetery where the tombstones are mostly jumbled up and surrounded by secondary forest :
04022012722.jpg

The Bt Brown conservationists had started cataloguing the better organised graves and placed numbered markers to note each location :
04022012723.jpg

Some graves have been well-kept and refurbished by the descendants whereas others are forgotten and even consumed by the jungle :
04022012718.jpg

The forest trees are as old as the earliest tombstone dating 1833 AD like this Weeping Fig Tree with gnarly roots :
04022012711.jpg

Flashaholics' shootout undertaken in the cemetery :
04022012706.jpg

Triode lights up the grave site :
04022012709.jpg

aerosmith9110

Newly Enlightened

pjandyho,

Nice meeting you.. tnx for the help and the short tour... I like to join one of your neet ups but not in the CEMENTERY!
again, if you have time I would really like to watch you while working on your fab. photographs!

Thanks,
Vincent

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

pjandyho,

Nice meeting you.. tnx for the help and the short tour... I like to join one of your neet ups but not in the CEMENTERY!
again, if you have time I would really like to watch you while working on your fab. photographs!

Thanks,
Vincent
Hi Vincent,

You are welcome. Hope you have a nice walk in my neighborhood. I am sure you enjoyed the sea breeze.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

hey folks, anyone keen on going to a part of Bukit Timah this saturday, 3 March 2012? its near the junction of Petir Road & Dairy Farm Road.

date : 3 March 2012
meeting place : 2 storey food centre at junction of Bukit Timah Road & Jalan Jurong Kechil, near Shell petrol station.
time : 6.30pm for dinner (ideally be on the way to the place at 7.50pm)
confirmation date : friday, 2 March 2012

name or nick of person going:
1) sore-eyez
2)
3)

* those who are not sure where exactly is the food centre please let me know. there is a Shell petrol station nearby.
** for those with their own transport, there is a carpark 'B' along Dairy Farm Road, according to my road directory (Mighty Minds 2010 edition)
*** those like me who relies on public transport please take note. we will be catching a cab to the location as there is no direct bus there.

Taipan

Newly Enlightened

Alamak, bro SE, "I'd take it" if that Sat 3 Mar I had no dinner event for my school reunion. But let me know if your date changes pls.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

No go for me. The army needs me in camp and I will be away until 9th March.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

1) sore-eyez
2) triode888
3)

hi Taipan, aiya, so bad timing. ask your classmates to come along?

hey Andy, wah, if there are any changes, you can sms me. :wave:

hmmm, how come that person ask me organise never put his name...? :poke:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

meeting place : 2 storey food centre at junction of Bukit Timah Road & Jalan Jurong Kechil, near Shell petrol station.

1) sore-eyez
2) triode888
3) Zeruel
4)
5)
6)

* those who are not sure where exactly is the food centre please let me know. there is a Shell petrol station nearby.
** for those with their own transport, there is a carpark 'B' along Dairy Farm Road, according to my road directory (Mighty Minds 2010 edition)
*** those like me who relies on public transport please take note. we will be catching a cab to the location as there is no direct bus there.

stong1970

Newly Enlightened

1) sore-eyez
2) triode888
3) Zeruel
4) Stong1970 (still trying to figure out where the meeting point is?)
5)
6)

Taipan

Newly Enlightened

Stong, although I can't make it this round, the meeting place for makan is opposite the Beauty World Bldg which is beside Bt Timah Shopping Centre. The 2 storey food centre is above a wet market. This location is also located after King Albert Park beside the Shell Station. Correct me if I am wrong, guys!

Last edited:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

hmmm, i only know the wet market/food centre is near a Shell petrol station, the nearest & most obvious landmark. he McDonald's at King Albert park is not so visible from the market.

other landmarks include P.I.E. flyover south of the market, Pei Hwa Presby Primary School behind Shell.

must i carry ---> lovecpf? :sick2:

stong1970

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Taipan and Sore-eyez for the direction.

Hi Sore-Eyez, there is not a need for you to carry the I Love CPF Sign. Just get one of our brother and stand by the road side with his torch on strobe mode will be enough.

He He.

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened

Hi guys, guess I have to give this a miss this time. Got a project at work and working late this week.. :(