Flashlight Grip Tape

UFO

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of any companies that sell some type of grip tape for flashlights? I remember back in the 70's, we used to put grip tape on our skateboards so we wouldn't go sliding around everywhere. Gave us a much better gripping surface.

I'm sure someone, somewhere makes this stuff. Anyone know who?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Lowes/Home Depot etc sell "safety" tape for steps. It's pretty much the same stuff we used on skateboards back when skateboard safety gear consisted of volley ball pads and thin plastic hockey helmets.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Here's an oldy but goody

UFO

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I'll do some checking around.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might also want to goto 'fenix-store > cool gear > page 2' and check out their several GEAR GRIPZ products. Never used and don't know anything about them, but thought of them when I read your post. Looks handy, so if you try any, let us know how they work!

UFO

Newly Enlightened
I will definitely do that. Thank you Brother.

electrolyte

Newly Enlightened
Even though I am familiar, I would not have thought of it for this, good idea. There are very many types of bicycle handlebar tape. The old time stuff as all cork back when racers wore pretty much black so the grease would not show. Now, be prepared for option shock since there are so many colors, and materials. You can make your flashlight as sticky or slippery as you want, in a wide variety of patterns and colors. Some versions come with more than one thickness option so people can adjust bar diameter to the size of their hands.

Reactions: UFO

Athecal

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of any companies that sell some type of grip tape for flashlights? I remember back in the 70's, we used to put grip tape on our skateboards so we wouldn't go sliding around everywhere. Gave us a much better gripping surface.

Can always use good old friction tape. Found in any home improvement big box store.

electrolyte

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty sure that the stuff that we used to call "friction tape" was the tape used to wrap soldered joints in knob and tube wiring.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened

I use tennis racket grip tape. I'm not a fan of the rubber Tallon Grips, skateboard tape is too aggressive for me, and I didn't want to deal with the sticky adhesive from other tapes.

Although you can find different colors and thicknesses at a decent sporting goods shop, if you don't mind black, Wmt sells Wilson for cheap and it works fine.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the one thing I like about Streamlight is their textured rubberized tubes. Great for rainy nights!

The photo was taken by a friend with cell phone. Sitting in truck up in foothills looking towards ocean through the eucalyptus (Monterey Bay) Airlines con trails criss-crossed.. A few mins after the shot the cross slowly vanished. Reminds of the lit cross on hillside in Livermore, CA

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also used inner tubes, rubber O-rings, and heat shrink tubing to improve grip.

inner-tube-lights.jpg