Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
2012: Near the end everyone is using bright yellow Pelican lights in the water. Not sure what models but they are LEDs for sure.
2012-1.jpg

2012-2.jpg

Never got the DVD. Grabbed these from the 2nd trailer.

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Flipping channels last night, saw a flashlight and STOPPED on that show. It was an episode of Castle? Never watched the show but the detectives (or whatever) were using SF G3's!!! There was even a nice close up of the bezel for positive identification.

Cool man.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
On "24" an EMP weapon was detonated in CTU and their backup LED lanterns still functioned!

Advil

Newly Enlightened
On "24" an EMP weapon was detonated in CTU and their backup LED lanterns still functioned!

did you catch what lights they had mounted on their M4? looked like a surefire m600 at first but i dunno

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited by a moderator:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Raptor Island (2004)

Soon after the rescue of the female scientist, she asks Lorenzo Lamas' character for a flashlight. He hands her a Surefire 6P (or a near exact clone of one) from a pocket on his tactical vest.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
28 Days Later (2002)

Selena uses a crappy-looking hand-held spotlight to explore the building that has working electricity, at night. Nearly abandoning her companion as they run up the stairs through the building to escape the infected.

As a side note, this film is one of best I've ever seen; in terms of the zombie genre. Not your typical zombies-chase-group-of-survivors-picking-them-off-one-by-one cookie cutter formula. Interesting take on the whole zombie theme. Definitely worth seeing.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
28 Days Later (2002)

Selena uses a crappy-looking hand-held spotlight to explore the building that has working electricity, at night. Nearly abandoning her companion as they run up the stairs through the building to escape the infected.

As a side note, this film is one of best I've ever seen; in terms of the zombie genre. Not your typical zombies-chase-group-of-survivors-picking-them-off-one-by-one cookie cutter formula. Interesting take on the whole zombie theme. Definitely worth seeing.

Love the flick..once you "get" the ending, it's like re-watching the end to "invasion of the body snatchers."...it just hit's ya like a ton of bricks.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah "28 Days later" was not a bad formula, I like the previous installment as well... wonder if they'll go the "Hollywood route" and milk it for a third movie? :thinking:

I have been wondering what the light Kate Miller-Heidke uses in her music video for "caught in the crowd" looks like a retro/LED hybrid :thumbsup:

kmhflashlight.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Love the flick..once you "get" the ending, it's like re-watching the end to "invasion of the body snatchers."...it just hit's ya like a ton of bricks.

A twist ending is one thing. What I liked about the film was the twist regarding the "cure" to the virus that the soldiers believed was the answer to restoring humanity.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "Sanctuary."

Episode ~ "Kush."

In this very creepy episode, Dr. Magnus and Will are stranded along with a handful of other folks after their plane crashes in the Himalayas. A rare creature escapes from the cargo hold. Using its supernatural powers, it kills off the survivors one-by-one. Magnus and Will must stop it before it kills them all.

During the episode, they use a couple of lights that look very much like Surefire M4 models in constant-on mode. Tough to tell since we never get a good look at the lights during the episode. But in several scenes we see bits & pieces of the light. Checkering on the body, tailcap that looks suspiciously like a z41, large diameter heads, lens and very forward portions of the bezel. If they are not M4 models, they are perfect clones.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
A twist ending is one thing. What I liked about the film was the twist regarding the "cure" to the virus that the soldiers believed was the answer to restoring humanity.

*SPOILER ALERT for 28 Days Later*

OK...you're refering to "28 WEEKS later", correct?I was referring to 28 Days Later...the guy never got infected with the "rage" by the blood like every one else did. When he "snaps" at the end, he became infected the same way the monkeys did in the beginning...by "seeing to much horror" if you will. I thought that was a neat and though provoking ending. I think there was a few Weapon mounted lights on the holed british soldiers weapons???

Last edited:

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
Yeah "28 Days later" was not a bad formula, I like the previous installment as well... wonder if they'll go the "Hollywood route" and milk it for a third movie? :thinking:

I have been wondering what the light Kate Miller-Heidke uses in her music video for "caught in the crowd" looks like a retro/LED hybrid :thumbsup:

kmhflashlight.jpg

She has a flashlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.