Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pounder

Newly Enlightened
anyone watch this weeks episode of criminal minds on cbs? In one scene the power gets shut down and one of the agents has to go outside in the dark and reset the switch and she is holding some type of flashlight it looked like a streamlight to me but im not sure

lol I posted 3 posts up..

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
Show: Factory Made

Episode: ??? (no info on Science Channel's website or tv.com, from this year)

They show Pelican's StealthLite™ 2410PL being made.

HNI_0006.jpg

Opening shot of it. It was rotating on a turntable and on.

HNI_0007.jpg

Zoomed in view showing the ID.

HNI_0008.jpg

Showing the O-ring being inserted, and the little factoid explaining how flashlights got their name.

HNI_0010.jpg

LED Assemblies.

HNI_0011.jpg

Final shot of it.

8Fishes

Newly Enlightened
Watchin House MD
Season 6, Episode 21

Hugh is doing some search and rescue inside of a collapsed building.
Just thought I would share, but I have no idea what light it is. I'm sure someone here knows.

34snxir.jpg

f40cuv.jpg

kutxh.jpg

8Fishes

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. That light does look like it is a pretty good thrower. Thanks for the ID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was just watching NCIS Los Angeles and Hetty was using a Surefire 10X Dominator to light up there headquarters.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "Top Gear"

Episode ~ "Budget Supercars."

While trying to complete the challenge in which they must each change the oil and the spark plugs in their old Supercars which were purchased used for around $10,000 each (in British pounds), James May uses a Pelican flashlight to check the engine of his constantly dying Lambo.

It looks like a Pelican M6 model with a red boot on the tailcap switch. Tought to tell, since we don't get a really good shot of the light. However, one small shot reveals that the bezel design is clearly Pelican. And their M6 model does sometimes get sold with a red boot covering the tailcap switch.

In the end, the Top Gear experts recommend not trying to live with a cheap Supercar. Just not worth it. (For those who want to see why, the 4 part episode can be found on youtube.)

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what the light used in a similar top gear episode where they have a distance challenge with a small budget/used car, and the headlights gave out? There is a bit after where they are just driving along using the flashlight out of the window instead of the headlights :thinking:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was also the Top Gear challenge where they purchased 4wd cars in Bolivia, and were dropped off in the jungle.

James May is terrified of heights, and as they're starting out tells Jeremy and Richard that if they play their old joke of running ino the back of his car, he'll cut their "bleeping heads off..." Richard does eventually slamw into the back of May, May stops his car, pulls out his machete, and proceeds to poke it through the window of Hammonds FJ40.At one point, the alternator in James Mays Suzuki Samurai dies. To make matter worse, they are in the dark near the start of the Bolivian "Death Road." It's getting dark, and they still have to drive the rest of the way. Hammond and May switch batteries so that James can continue to drive, but, because the alternator isn't charging the battery, May can't use his headlights. They solve the problem by taping two or three of those 9LED 3AAA lights on his bumper, and he follows Hammonds FJ40 at about 10feet.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Keven Costner's thriller The New Daughter it looks like near the he he uses a G2 incan. The tint looked really nice in the places he use it ( I won't do any spoilers).

It is really hard to make out if it's a G2 or 6P or a clone of sorts because the scenes are so dark but I still think I seen a quick shot of a G2 body.

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was also the Top Gear challenge where they purchased 4wd cars in Bolivia, and were dropped off in the jungle.

James May is terrified of heights, and as they're starting out tells Jeremy and Richard that if they play their old joke of running ino the back of his car, he'll cut their "bleeping heads off..." Richard does eventually slamw into the back of May, May stops his car, pulls out his machete, and proceeds to poke it through the window of Hammonds FJ40.At one point, the alternator in James Mays Suzuki Samurai dies. To make matter worse, they are in the dark near the start of the Bolivian "Death Road." It's getting dark, and they still have to drive the rest of the way. Hammond and May switch batteries so that James can continue to drive, but, because the alternator isn't charging the battery, May can't use his headlights. They solve the problem by taping two or three of those 9LED 3AAA lights on his bumper, and he follows Hammonds FJ40 at about 10feet.

That was a very funny episode , i could not stop laughing when Hammond turned on his headlamp and it made that noise.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The Devil's Curse (2008)

A group of college kids sneak into an abandoned buiding, and end up summoning a demon. They use two lanterns and two handheld flashlights while navigating through the building. The lanterns are battery-powered LED models with very angry blue tints. The flashlights are 3D black Maglite models that have clearly been modded for the film. Output in some of the scenes from the Maglites would rival that of a Surefire M6 on fresh cells, running the MN21 lamp assembly. Ironically, in other scenes, output is indeed what you'd expect from a stock full-sized Maglite.

pounder

Newly Enlightened
That was a very funny episode , i could not stop laughing when Hammond turned on his headlamp and it made that noise.

that whole episode is hilarious.. "poo is coming out!" lol

wmirag

Enlightened
I just saw Full Metal Jacket on Blu Ray (Deluxe Edition). There is a lot more detail but not quite enough to tell what flashlight Joker is using when he confronts Pyle in Hartman's head.

It looks an awful lot like a M@g, but the time frame for the toilet scene is 1967 (just before Tet) and the first M@g light was introduced in 1979.

Is this another case of Hollywood making a technical faux-pax?

W.

Status
Not open for further replies.