flashlights, paypal, and taxes?

red02

Enlightened
Sellers could also circumvent this by asking for cheques or money orders. It may take a little longer, but the price will be kept down.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
One can eventually see the stateside requirement for SS# to allow full implementation of this. We've become accustomed to the ease of these transactions but as commerce shrinks due to online services...it does make sense. More to come I'm sure.

I barely use PP for much of anything as I find enough of what I want is now available through online merchants. The little I sell is barely gas $ so this doesn't change much for me. For those who make a good side business of this, I can see the impact.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Maybe this will be the final impetus to go with a sales ( consumption ) tax instead of an income tax. Keeping track of everything now that we're moving to an online economy will impose onerous paperwork requirements. The idea that you might need to file a Schedule C, and hope you have your original receipts, if you're cleaning out your attic is ridiculous. Far easier for eBay and other online merchants just to collect a national sales tax on all purchases than for individual sellers to jump through the hoops needed with the proposed changes.

Latest posts