Heresy -- Flashlights are useless

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Credibility? I present ideas and source information and you get personal? Why? Ad Hominem?
YEa you present source that is as reliable as Solov'ev news, and on top of that extremely biased. What reaction did you expect?
Nazism cloaked by Nationalism - is equally disgusting and repugnant
Sure, however Ukraine is doing none of that. Just presence of Russian legion, Georgian legion, Chechen legion, even legion formed from former Russian pow's, who have seen the truth, fighting against Russia alongside Ukrainians, completely contradict claims by your sources.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
geting us back on topic i added this to my flashlight to make it a latern its a old pill bottle

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 57

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
They also come in handy as match-stick holders.
Glue some striker material on the bottom. There you go.
Now you're making me think of adapting these pill bottles for long-term match storage. Glue a strip of striker material on the bottom or on the cap or inside it, add one of those silica gel sachets to keep it dry, and stuff it with matches.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Now you're making me think of adapting these pill bottles for long-term match storage. Glue a strip of striker material on the bottom or on the cap or inside it, add one of those silica gel sachets to keep it dry, and stuff it with matches.
Oh! Not on the inside. An acquaintance once did that with one of those bottles. And the bottle exploded like a GIANT firecracker! He tossed it onto the kitchen table with the rest of his outdoor gear when he was done hiking. One or more match-heads must have somehow made contact with the striker material that was inside the bottle. Soon, the others ignited. And that energy was too great for the bottle to contain as it expanded.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back when I was a kid we would dip each match head into molten candle wax, then rub the candle on the side of the matchbox, and used hair dryer to melt it so it coats the strikers fully and evenly, matches and the box became waterproof.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thanks my freind and i dont blame anyone i understand we as humans differ in opions but its sad

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also buy white silicone diffusers from AliExpress or kaidomain, for under $2 in many sizes. If you need area lighting, use that. I can't turn a lantern into a useful flashlight with a $2 item. Like others with a pill bottle, but made for the task with I'm sure much better light transmission

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i ordered a few more lights from china omg at first id not even order lights online now i do china .it takes so long but then one day i open mail box and omg there . there and im smiling all day its like christmas . good times not fancy lights just some Chinese lights i forget wurkus or sorfirn

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Back when I was a kid we would dip each match head into molten candle wax, then rub the candle on the side of the matchbox, and used hair dryer to melt it so it coats the strikers fully and evenly, matches and the box became waterproof.
I prefer to dip the entire match in candle-wax. It's great to have the head coated. But if the rest of the match-stick gets wet, that just means the head will flare up and the flame will almost immediately go out. Plus, it's harder for the wax on the head to chip off if the entire match is coated. I use the two-pan system. Low flame on the stove. Larger diameter pan filled with water. Older, smaller pan filled with candle-wax that slowly melts. Just put the matches in horizontally.

fuyume

Enlightened
Okay, maybe they're not completely useless...

Directional lights and area lights are different products that meet different needs. Most of the time when I need a light, I need a directional light or some kind, but there are situations where I do want an area light, and for that reason, a Nitecore LA10 CRI (apparently now discontinued, so I guess I have to get it soon) is the next light on my wish list. This will be primarily for my camping/hiking/backpacking/trekking kit, because for that purpose, I prefer AA batteries, and that kit currently contains a Fenix E12 v2.0 handheld and HM23 headlamp.