Foursevens Preon P0

Burgess

Flashaholic
Had mine since Feb. 1st, and really like it !

My threads are perfectly smooth.

The two chosen Light-Levels are wonderful, for my needs.

:twothumbs

Anybody notice how the magnet makes battery removal a bit of a Challenge ? ? ?

I'm using Energizer L92 Lithiums, and they really don't wanna' Fall Out of the body,
unless i Slap it against my hand.

No major deal -- just something i've noticed.

This cute little flashlight is Incredibly, Unbelievably small !

Looks like something which would take a "goofy-size" N cell.

Nope !

Uses the ubiquitous AAA's.

:)

Nice work, David and crew.

:goodjob:
_

NickBose

Enlightened
Sorry if it has been asked (just could not read through 400 plus posts)
Why is this only 25 lumens?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it a lot also, but I will not be replacing my E05... The beam, output and runtime are to great. I put the Preon on my wife's keychain to replace the E01.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience a little goes in long way with all-flood type beams. The low on my zebralight flood lamps get used the most. Dim, but you light everything up. Easy on the eyes too.

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine in the mail. It is really cool. I love how small it is and it is kinda classy too. Too bad it doesn't work. :confused: I'm not sure why. I put an eneloop in it and it flickered once and that was it. I tried 4 other alkalines they didn't work either. I knew a lot of people were having trouble using eneloops in their lights but I didn't think it would hurt to try. I usually only use eneloops in my aa and aaa lights. Did I mess up my light by using an eneloop? The light seems really cool. I kinda like the magnet. I also can't get over how small the light is. The GITD is also pretty cool. I don't think I have ever received a product that was DOA from anyone before. This really sucks. I'm sure 4sevens will make it right but for the meantime I'm pretty bummed. Any suggestions on what I can do to make my light work? :anyone:

TheCleanerSD

Newly Enlightened
Mine died after about a week. I'm waiting to here back from 4sevens customer service. : /

Streamer

Enlightened
Quote by: Burgess

"Anybody notice how the magnet makes battery removal a bit of a Challenge ? ? ?"

I keep a magnet on the desk. When I want to pull out the battery, that's what I use. No slap and sling.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quote by: Burgess
"Anybody notice how the magnet makes battery removal a bit of a Challenge ? ? ?"
I keep a magnet on the desk. When I want to pull out the battery, that's what I use. No slap and sling.
The two I have come out fairly easily using Eneloops and Duracells. Maybe I have more gravity here :banghead:
Or maybe you have a super magnet in yours :ohgeez:
GL

Edit: That however is a good point. There does not seem to be clear instructions for removal of the battery.

Last edited:

Houdiny

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived yesterday. My worries that it could look and feel cheap have been destroyed, it feels nice and has a nice weight to it.
However, there's a problem: at first it worked as it should but then it started to behave strangely. 8 out of 10 times it won't switch modes. When it changes from low to high I get a flickery "medium" that gets brighter when I twist the head even harder.
I've already contacted CS to see what can be done about that (since I live in Germany, the shipping costs back to FOURSEVENS would almost be half of the retail price...)

Streamer

Enlightened
Had planned on running lithium primarys in the P0 but since Eneloops wouldn't work and I had nothing to do I decided what the heck .

I found that part of the problem was one of the chips on the board was almost touching the positive contact. And to compound things, the chip was also slightly higher than the contact thus making it impossible for the fatter node of the eneloop to find its way home.

So, I removed the pill and soldered a node on the positive contact.

It works with Eneloops now and of course alkalines and primary lithiums.. :)

Last edited:

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
Damn, I'm disappointed! I really like 4Sevens lights and wanted to like this light, but I've read too many complaints already. Seems like a crapshoot to try one now. Even if I got a good tint, the reliability issues are a dealbreaker for me, especially on a keychain light. And the short-circuit/overheating issue?!? NOT on a light I'll keep in my pocket!

Let's hope v2 is better, and 4Sevens does some QC before we all beta test them.

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Used my little light about 10pm last nite. Woke at 6:00 without power this morninig. Found my Preon pretty easy on my nightstand thanks to my still glowing GITD face. After 8 hrs it was plenty bright enough to do its intended purpose---locating your light in the dark. Good job 4sevens!

tricker

Enlightened
Removed my foam doughnut, makes switching modes much more consistent

o ring keeps the light water tight

magnet gets rid of battery rattle

doughnut just sucks

V2 just epoxy the bottom of the board and do away with the foam

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
Finally mine turned up in good old blighty! Firstly I have no issues, everything works as expected. I've not been able to use it in the environment for which I bought it yet, I will need to find files within boxes in a dark warehouse with metal racking so this sounds perfect.

I really love the beam and lack of hotspot, recently I've been flicking on my SC600 to read something in some of the darker corners of the warehouse only to be a little blinded by the hotspot. Please please FourSevens, at least look into making a RCR123 version of this light, an extra 100 or so lumen's would be fantastic.

I very nearly bought some eneloop's and a charger just for this little guy, from what I've read its a good job i didn't. This is the only downside IMO, going to cost a fair bit at only 1.5 hours per battery.

As far as I can see the Glow from the GITD does not effect the beam at any distance, if you hold it close to your hand you can see a green light from the GITD but 5 cm away, its gone. My GITD lasts for a good 5-6 hours btw.

I also bought a new camera today and grabbed a few pics before i put it on charge..

Preon0-3.jpg

Preon0-1.jpg

Preon0-2.jpg