Foursevens Preon P0

JulianP

Enlightened
My understanding is that the original batch had a white foam washer, and the revised batch has a black foam washer of different dimension, probably a smaller hole to prevent the battery nipple touching the IC. Mine is black, and I had no problems with it. Is this right?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
My understanding is that the original batch had a white foam washer, and the revised batch has a black foam washer of different dimension, probably a smaller hole to prevent the battery nipple touching the IC. Mine is black, and I had no problems with it. Is this right?
My two first batch P0s have Black foam with a small hole.
GL

chris975d

Newly Enlightened

I think the black/white thing is to do with the o-ring for the head. The original batch of P0's have a white/clear o-ring, and from what I've heard, the second wave has a black o-ring. Both of my original batch P0s have black foam washers/donuts, and white o-rings.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
And this is why I don't pre order anything. Best to hear what people at CPF have to say first. I will hold off and see if the Eneloop issues etc are fixed before purchase.

Flashlight Enthusiast
dag nabbit I want one so bad I want to get 6 of them so bad but cannot due the the PCB issue

and now 47's has to fight a lawsuit from ******** so I really hope nothing damages 47's and
screws up the ability to perfect the P0-SS (too much p-o-s in there, they should rename it) anyway
I have a Ti Quark 123 and a Ti Quark Mini 123 and love them. I realllllly need 6 P0 as gift lights
but I cannot make the jump. everyone I know uses eneloops.

Last edited:

thebeans

Newly Enlightened
I got my P0 about a week ago and so far so good. :) I don't have any Enloops so no issues there. Switching is a bit flaky sometimes but has gotten progressively better. I love the size, finish and look of the light. One question though. Mine has a black O ring installed (which is the later revision I think) but there was also a plastic bag in the box with a small clear O ring and another of the same small clear O ring inside the battery tube at the bottom. :thinking: I found it when I was cleaning the inside to see if it would help with the flaky switching. The two clear O rings are very small, maybe 5-6 mm in diameter. I guess they will stretch if they are indeed spares for the battery tube.

I just thought it a bit strange that there was an extra spare in the battery tube and that they didn't match the one installed. Anybody else have an extra spare or a spare different than the installed one?

Thanks.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
If everybody followed that example we wouldn't have anything to read on CPF. So, thanks for the early adopters!
+1

Absolutely appreciative of the early buyers and like it when I feel strongly enough about a particular product to be one of them.
dag nabbit I want one so bad I want to get 6 of them so bad but cannot due the the PCB issue

...(too much p-o-s in there, they should rename it)...
Me too!

I know we're not the only ones who went
thinking.gif
when we saw the name for this one!

pblanch

Enlightened
What, a lawsuit that someone couldn't use eneloops in a $25 light. What is the world coming too.

scout24

Flashaholic
Got mine on Friday, TINY!!! Nice white tint, beautiful beam... Ceiling bounce on low stuck to the top of my refrigerator door is a good nightlight. High lights up a good sized room. A keeper! :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine Saturday. Love it - this is a home run for 4Sevens IMHO - eneloops or no. Considering the battery life (expected), what's an alkaline among friends? :)

Measured it in my sphere this morning (home made - my "no claims of accuracy" disclaimer hereby posted) - .71 lumen on low and, wait for it, 25.8 on high!

LOVE the texture - easy for my big hand to twist "one handed". LOVE the smooth threads, and I haven't lubed them or anything. LOVE the magnet in the tail - battery jumps into the tube, and the light easily sticks to metal for 'no handed' use.

Would I like one in Ti? SURE. But I like it enough the way it is that I just ordered 2 more. IMHO this, the Fenix E01, and the Thrunite Ti Firefly are 'budget lights' that should be on everyone's short list.

Just sayin'... :thumbsup:

tbenedict

Enlightened
I'm waiting in the Eneloop issue as well. I've had way too many alkaline leaks to trust them.....and I have too many lights to check weekly.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any indications that 4sevens might fix the eneloop issue? I havent seen one. Do we know the actual rma % with the p0? There might be too few (but loud) rma's to really bother with the issue. Remember he sold out really quick after release, and i havent really seen that many pepole reporting about lemons. You will always find lemons in this pricerange, but it's rarely with warranty like the p0 got. It's priced like a semi cheap p60 module, and seems to work fine with different ni-mh for many pepole. Who knows, you guys might be waiting for a fantasy unicorn:shrug:

Streamer

Enlightened
Add to that, that many of the purchasers may not have tried eneloops yet or don't intend to and therefore remain unaware. I'd venture to say it's a small percentage that use rechargeables anyways.

I don't know the RMA %ages either but,, in the meantime, I'd like to *****. :)

I'll gladly order another P0, IF 4-7's would agree to take it out of the box and confirm that the Eneloop did indeed function properly in it BEFORE shipping.

Last edited:

LGT

Enlightened
I ordered mine 2-12, and have been using for about four days. Performs the same with alkaline or enloop battery. Rarely, but sometimes, there is a little flicker while changing modes, regardless of which battery. But overall I like this light.

Latest posts