• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Is there a particular 18650 that you recommend for the tiny nugget?

As long as it's not longer than 2.57" or so, you should be okay with any of them. We recommend unprotected cells based on the shorter length, but we've made adjustments to the last batch of lights that should be more accommodating to protected cells.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember folks: So long as specs and power calcs look good, you can go with nearly anything on the market in terms of emitter choice. I recently powered an SST-10-UV 385nm using 2x18350 in a Lumenite 21700 host as a proof of concept. And have a pair of KW CULPM1.TG incoming from the Convoy storefront off Aliexpress to test. CULPM1.TG DD powered by 1x21700 (Moli P42A) through a 35mm optic? Should be very, very interesting...

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a single emitter through a single optic. I purchased a pair to be able to confirm batch consistency. And just in case their lot of KW CULPM1.TG sells out, being advertised by Convoy as the third highest flux bin (8RF) available. As a point of reference, Mouser has 7RF available which is specified as 200 lm fewer at 6A.

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
Just had to share this pic I took last night of my wife using the Lumenite 18650. Terrific light!

wolfstyle

Enlightened
Is there an estimate on when the lights that were offered for sale last week will ship?

TheFraz

Enlightened
Remember folks: So long as specs and power calcs look good, you can go with nearly anything on the market in terms of emitter choice. I recently powered an SST-10-UV 385nm using 2x18350 in a Lumenite 21700 host as a proof of concept. And have a pair of KW CULPM1.TG incoming from the Convoy storefront off Aliexpress to test. CULPM1.TG DD powered by 1x21700 (Moli P42A) through a 35mm optic? Should be very, very interesting...

This is correct in that most modern emitters on 16mm MCPCBs will work. I generally don't recommend multiple cells however (as cell charge imbalance can cause catastrophic failure with lack of protection circuitry - also high Voltage mismatch can fry the LED even at extremely low amperage). We're just now getting into looking at some single-cell higher voltage options...

Just had to share this pic I took last night of my wife using the Lumenite 18650. Terrific light!

Love this pic.

Is there an estimate on when the lights that were offered for sale last week will ship?

All are shipping tomorrow. We're getting around to PMing CPF members with requests tonight, and there will likely be a few more on the website late tonight.

Also, there are a couple lights I'll probably offer in this thread here in a bit (have a flood-based not-quite-a-mule optic option that we haven't done before).

discoverEDC

Enlightened
Fraz or speckacuda, on your updated website I see some hard dimensions for maximum recommend battery length. We just need a max dimension for 18500 please 👍 Watching the tracking like a hawk 🙂

discoverEDC

Enlightened
My Tiny Tank 18500 arrived today. It lives up to it's name, it's a tank. Just a solid chunk of aluminum nicely machined. It makes my other lights seem flimsy. The milled flutes make for good grip. Very, very nice.