• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

jayrob

Enlightened
Sure I can order the emitter in a specified tint if you would like! :)

tjhabak, I have links to the batteries and charger in the first post...

At the moment, the 32600's are available from Kaidomain. And the Wf-188 charger is best purchased at lighthound if they have stock. I have got them from e-bay, supposedly new, but not in the box. Half of those were not working properly.

Got mine two days ago! Unfortunately my batteries are on backorder:( What I can tell you so far is that the build quality is excellent, its driving me nuts not being able to power it up. Jayrob even included all the old/spare parts from original mag along with original packaging, user manual, and even the user manual for the voltage monitor! I might have to try to rig up something to run on my 18650's if my batteries take much longer.....will definately re-post once i get it powered up and compare it head to head with my Olight M31.

Thanks Jayrob!

You can use a 3/4" PVC pipe for a temp sleeve for your 18650's if you want...

Just wrap the ends with some tape to fit the Mag barrel. And the other thing you will have to do, is form the tail cap spring smaller in diameter where it will make contact to the battery negative.

Because the stock tail cap spring diameter, is larger that the 18650 battery...

Let me know how you like it when you get a chance to try it out! :)

tjhabak

Enlightened
Ok, Jayrob. Thanks. I didn't reaize that was a link to the batteries in the first post. I saw those on KD's website, but was thinking it would be best to get 4.2v batteries and those are 3.7v. Also, I saw the link to the charger, but I was hoping to get the batteries and charger from the same place to save on shipping. I'll have to just get moving and place the orders because I'll be pretty anxious to check that light out once it gets here. Thanks again, Tom

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
Ok, Jayrob. Thanks. I didn't reaize that was a link to the batteries in the first post. I saw those on KD's website, but was thinking it would be best to get 4.2v batteries and those are 3.7v. Also, I saw the link to the charger, but I was hoping to get the batteries and charger from the same place to save on shipping. I'll have to just get moving and place the orders because I'll be pretty anxious to check that light out once it gets here. Thanks again, Tom

4.2v is the max battery charge for batteries that have a nominally 3.7v i.e. they are the same. Thats the basics. There are several different battery technologies so I don't want to give you just enough info to be dangerous you will understand a little better if you do a little more research. In fact I am trying to figure out what the exact battery chemistry that is offered by kd. Any idea Jayrob? by the way I continue to enjoy my 2D mag.
Thanks

jayrob

Enlightened
Yes, 4.2 volts at full charge...

Inkidu, glad you like the build! :)

About the exact chemistry of the Li-Ion batteries from Kaidomain. I must admit that I don't know too much about this. I did a quick search, and found that there is a more common chemistry for Li-Ion, so I would only guess that these are the common one...

" The most common Li-ion cells with LiCoO2 cathode and graphitized
carbon anode. However, multiple other chemistries are grouped under Li-ion, two examples of which are
Co/Mn oxide cathode cells and Ni/Co/Mn cathode cells."

Li-Ion%20types.jpg

clowy699

Newly Enlightened
Clowy, just curious. What type of batteries do you have on order and from where? I have one of these coming also, and finding good batteries and a charger is turning out to be a little tough.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I ordered 26650's from 4sevens(have sleeve to fit) but they have been on backorder for some time. Just places an order with kaidomain for 32500's...we'll see which gets here first. In the mean time i'm gonna try the PVC and tape to get me by. will tinker with it on my days off this week.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, very nice mods, can you help me out with something? I have a Mag mod with 4 x 18650 two in serie and this two groups in parallel, how many XM-L Leds can I run with this batteries config? What bin would be a neutral tint? Do you have in stock? Thanks for your help...

jayrob

Enlightened
I have bin 1D, which is a nice neutral tint...

As far as running more than one emitter, you will have to experiment with your set up. But if your going to run them at 3 Amps, then I would guess that even 2 emitters will be very taxing on 18650's. But of course the heat management for 2 emitters at 3 Amps each will be even more of an issue I would think...

This build as shown in the first post, is just about perfect. :) (IMO)

I ordered 26650's from 4sevens(have sleeve to fit) but they have been on backorder for some time. Just places an order with kaidomain for 32500's...we'll see which gets here first. In the mean time i'm gonna try the PVC and tape to get me by. will tinker with it on my days off this week.

Oh you have my fiberglass sleeve already?

If so, then a 3/4" PVC pipe will slide right into the fiberglass sleeve, and it will fit your 18650's. (until you get your 26650's)

You will just need to shape your tail cap spring, so that it can make contact with the 'smaller' 18650 contact pad...

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bin 1D, which is a nice neutral tint...

As far as running more than one emitter, you will have to experiment with your set up. But if your going to run them at 3 Amps, then I would guess that even 2 emitters will be very taxing on 18650's. But of course the heat management for 2 emitters at 3 Amps each will be even more of an issue I would think...

This build as shown in the first post, is just about perfect. :) (IMO)

Thanks, what will be the price for 4 XM-L shipped to 33166?

jayrob

Enlightened
Thanks, what will be the price for 4 XM-L shipped to 33166?

You mean just the bare emitters?

Sorry but I don't sell the bare emitters because I need my stock for the complete builds...

It takes time to get them from Cutter in AUS, and if I were to sell bare emitters, then I would run out of stock for the flashlight builds...

Here's where I order them from:
http://cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut1031

Send me a PM about the total with shipping for a light or a drop in module! :)

Ceed19

Newly Enlightened
Hi jayrob,

I would like to know if there is an option for the 2D mod with battery meter and the 5 mode switch?

jayrob

Enlightened
Hi jayrob,

I would like to know if there is an option for the 2D mod with battery meter and the 5 mode switch?

The 5 mode driver I'm using, is 3.2 volts to 4.5 volts supply...

So it is for a single Li-Ion, like in my 'Stubby' version.

I can use it in a 3D NiMH build. But no voltage monitor.

There is a NiMH voltage monitor that I have used, but it requires 5 NiMH's. So a build like that, would be for the 3 mode driver... (5.5 to 15 volts)

P.S. Since the 5 mode driver needs at least 3.2 volts supply, you don't need a voltage monitor in the 'Stubby' build! :)

Ceed19

Newly Enlightened
hmmmm, I really like the 5 mode with the strobe, but that voltage monitor is so very nice. I have a small nebo redline that has the strobe feature. Never had a use for it until one day I noticed that it would freeze the deer in the woods around where I live here in Alabama. I am honestly not sure why they will run away from a solid on light but will stand and stare into the strobe. Maybe their eyes cant adjust to the strobing and they cant see anything or anyone behind the strobe?

in the end the strobe usage is a novelty and I would rather have the 3 mode 2 d for the runtime while out working on the job. I am very interested in it.

jayrob

Enlightened
hmmmm, I really like the 5 mode with the strobe, but that voltage monitor is so very nice. I have a small nebo redline that has the strobe feature. Never had a use for it until one day I noticed that it would freeze the deer in the woods around where I live here in Alabama. I am honestly not sure why they will run away from a solid on light but will stand and stare into the strobe. Maybe their eyes cant adjust to the strobing and they cant see anything or anyone behind the strobe?

in the end the strobe usage is a novelty and I would rather have the 3 mode 2 d for the runtime while out working on the job. I am very interested in it.

Those are the most popular ones. The 2 Cell with voltage monitor...

Just send me a PM and let me know your shipping address, and I'll get you a total! :)

mohammed

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,
Been a while since I posted here.

Soon I will make a small photoreview (Haven't got the time yet due exams).
Here are 2 pictures. I replaced the reflector with a MOP-reflector, and replaced the plastic lens with a glass one.

It fits very nice and I have a bit more of a floody beam, but still alot of throw !!
With the small upgrade the maglite looks a bit nicer.. and the small upgrade will only be like ~10$ So it's kinda worth it!

Anyways soon I will make a small review. (Will be done in a cave.. so you can see how much light it gives :D)

piker531

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
I just purchased and received this 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite 5D w/ voltage monitor.
Heres a quick review, I'm kind of a noob so forgive me if my review is all over the place.

1. OK, paid and received the item in 2 weeks, was rather surprised at the quick turnaround and the updates Jay provided was very professional.
2. Packaging was very well done, big box, lots of "protection" against the delivery guy throwing the box all around his truck and stuff.
3. I got the 5D cell model, with voltage monitor, using 5 Tenergy rechargeable Nimh 10,000mAh batts.
4. There is no overheating AT ALL, when used on HIGH, on and off for about 1 hour, I'm assuming the massive heat sink is doing it's job.
5. The throw is awesome, I'm a high-rise elevator inspector and I can literally blind a man who is 70 stories above me at the top of the elevator shaft (that's my intended purpose... not to blind him but to see the bottom of the elevator cab from that kind of distance).
6. My idiot co-worker asked me to shine the beam at his eyes from 5 ft away at full power with his eyes open, for less than one second... the result was blindness by way of blue spots for 3-5 minutes, he basically couldn't see a thing and if he was an attacker... well, he's done, fight is over. Very cool.
7. The build is very strong and heavy duty, as a true maglite is supposed to be, clean looking and professional. Standard issue for a Jayrob build, I expected nothing less.
8. The battery monitor is sublime, definitely a must for high output rechargeable batts, great idea and super handy.
9. The 3 modes are perfect, too many modes are annoying and sometimes you just don't need the skullcrushing power of the full 1000 lumens!
10. That's it for now, will add to this if I forgot something. I am very happy with this product: beauty, strength, power... what else can you ask for? Get one, you won't regret it!

tjhabak

Enlightened
Jayrob, got my complete 2D w/voltage moinitor yesterday. I'm dying because my batteries aren't here yet and I don't have anything around right now that will fit. I can't comment on the beam yet, but the overall build quality is very impressive! I am very satisfied with it and can't wait to power it up. You've got me itching for a 1D stubby now!!!! Anyways, thanks again, for such an outstanding service/product, and I'll get back to you when my batteries arrive (hopefully just a day or two). Also, what is the maximum input voltage that will work with the driver? Did I read right that it is 15.5 volts? I was thinking just to try it out I could rig up a sleeve to hold 4x CR123's.:naughty: Thanks again, Tom