• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 4000 Lumen XHP70 Mag Mod with Voltage Monitor Option...

DOHC20

Newly Enlightened
i was thinking of doing the same mods to a friend of mines mag. however its a 6D mag..so if im correct id need a driver that will handle 9v input with standard Duracell cells or 22.2v with Li-ion batteries. im new to 32650 cells and was under the impression that of the shelf non rechargeable D cells had a higher mah rating than the 6000mah feilongs?? not sure with which ones to go with on the build.. rechargeable or off the shelf, and also which driver would do the job?

ChevellRCR

Newly Enlightened
I want one of these. I know I would like the optional copper base and voltage monitor. What do you suggest as far as the batteries go? Protected or non? I'm sorry for not sending you a pm. I've been on the forum reading for a couple years now. Thought I was registered here but obviously I was not. lol But now I am.

jayrob

Enlightened
Magnificent build as always Jay.

:thanks: Kenom!

i was thinking of doing the same mods to a friend of mines mag. however its a 6D mag..so if im correct id need a driver that will handle 9v input with standard Duracell cells or 22.2v with Li-ion batteries. im new to 32650 cells and was under the impression that of the shelf non rechargeable D cells had a higher mah rating than the 6000mah feilongs?? not sure with which ones to go with on the build.. rechargeable or off the shelf, and also which driver would do the job?

You can use the same driver as I showed here but you have to use NiMH cells... (6 NiMH's in series is the same voltage as 2 Li-Ion's)

NiMH's will handle the current demand but I don't think Alkaline will be able to...

dsmartin21

Newly Enlightened
Jayrob

Would you consider selling another Aluminum heatsink for the 20mm LED star?

Thanks

jimtesla

Newly Enlightened
Wow this is one heck of a light
I just ran out of battery, been using this for walks and all sorts of minor flashlight needs.
It held a charge for over 6 months of lot of low volume use.
Amazing

jayrob

Enlightened
Wow this is one heck of a light
I just ran out of battery, been using this for walks and all sorts of minor flashlight needs.
It held a charge for over 6 months of lot of low volume use.
Amazing

Glad you like it! :)

I didn't check my records but did you get the voltage monitor option?

Because I'm sure you know but just in case - you do not want to let Li-Ion cells get below around 3V or 3.2... (I like to charge them at 3.6)

jimtesla

Newly Enlightened
I was bad it went red months ago but still kept going I kind of wanted to see how long it would go
It went longer on red then Blue. Just charged up I'm back will not let it run down again.
Still an awesome light

I will post a picture comparing my other mag light custom that you sent me the lens for
I will show you how awesome your light is

Thanks again

jayrob

Enlightened
I was bad it went red months ago but still kept going I kind of wanted to see how long it would go
It went longer on red then Blue. Just charged up I'm back will not let it run down again.
Still an awesome light

I will post a picture comparing my other mag light custom that you sent me the lens for
I will show you how awesome your light is

Thanks again

:)

Looking forward to those pics! :cool:

saturnx

Newly Enlightened
How would you compare this to the MT-G2? Is this as floody? Or is this the MT-G2 on steroids?

Thanks
Steve

stariondriver

Newly Enlightened
Could you do this build on a gen 3 mag lite? Curious because it has more room and might allow a deeper reflector...

jayrob

Enlightened
Ok cool . I need a xhp 70 one then. I still the MT G2 light you made me as well.

Good deal just PM me with the options you would like and I'll get you a total...
beer.gif

Xon

Newly Enlightened
Good day everyone, I'm just a new guy in CPF. Your XHP70 mods is one of the best mag mods I'd ever seen. Photo shown above seem very bright widely. Have u consider to dedome the led to increase beam throw? Will it work?

shuter

Enlightened
jayrob - I'm interested in one of your 4000Lumin XHP70 Mag Mod with Voltage Monitor lights.

Build Details:

BLACK
* 2D Mag
YES * XHP70 6V N4 5000K emitter set on custom heatsink as shown
YES * Copper Heat Sink
YES * 5 Amp, 3 mode driver - L,M,H w/memory
* Aluminum reflector
YES * UCL Glass Lens
yes * Fine focus adjustment
yes * Voltage monitor option
YES * 2 - non-protected 32650 Li-Ion Batteries. I have a custom programmable, expandable LI-Ion Charger. They will fit.

Last edited: