• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 4000 Lumen XHP70 Mag Mod with Voltage Monitor Option...

jayrob

Enlightened
Jayrob - there are times when an extremely tight focused beam is needed without flood or spill. Such as looking for an address on a house without lighting up the whole house or reading a street sign without blinding others. A surgically tight beam. I had a light with an aspheric lens that fit that bill but it was stolen. I'm interested in your stubby with with an aspheric lens. I have no idea how this would impact your build. Do you think you could make one? Are you willing? What do you think?

Absolutely!

It's an easy addition. There's an aspheric glass lens fit for Mag at DX and it's dirt cheap and works great...

Just get the Stubby from me and change the lens to this one: :)
http://www.dx.com/p/50mm-optical-glass-lens-for-flashlight-spot-light-44653#.WE45TvkrKHs

shuter

Enlightened

silentcropduster

Newly Enlightened
Jayrob - there are times when an extremely tight focused beam is needed without flood or spill. Such as looking for an address on a house without lighting up the whole house or reading a street sign without blinding others. A surgically tight beam. I had a light with an aspheric lens that fit that bill but it was stolen. I'm interested in your stubby with with an aspheric lens. I have no idea how this would impact your build. Do you think you could make one? Are you willing? What do you think?
That's my question as well, I have a use for flood to a surgically tight beam. Looking in corn fields and house # addresses to looking in someone's vehicle on a car stop for wepons etc.

jayrob

Enlightened
That's my question as well, I have a use for flood to a surgically tight beam. Looking in corn fields and house # addresses to looking in someone's vehicle on a car stop for wepons etc.

I no longer have one of those aspheric lenses to experiment with for focusing. The heatsink and emitter are in a fixed position, but the Mag head is threaded on and can turn for fine focusing.

In other words it will adjust, but I'm just not sure how much adjustment there will be, depending on how sensitive those lenses are to moving in and out of best spot focus...

silentcropduster

Newly Enlightened
I've had my magmod for about 2 months now. Stupid bright and great throw. I use it for LE purposes and it def fits my needs and then some! I use it as my primary light on patrol!!

silentcropduster

Newly Enlightened
Still going strong after almost a year! 0adac6e7907a5b00b7f7da438a0df9a5.jpgb864f8ae5dcd6fe8a753157ab87d08c6.jpg

MikeDavid

Newly Enlightened
Hello, are the copper heatsinks still available for this mod? How do I purchase one. Also how do I do the switch? Do I cut the part that holds the original bulb off so I can drop in your heatsink? Thank you