FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC & Bulk

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC &

Here's a couple pictures of C-Flex parts I'll be selling soon. The top is a TnC 27mm complete C-Flex light in HA-Natural. The anodizing appears nice and thick and color match between parts is very close (unlike the picture). These hard anodized (HA) tubes will be available in Black and NAT. The threads are coated for improved conductivity and corrosion resistance.

Shown below is a KL3 Surefire Head, TnC C-Flex C Series Adaptor, and a C-Flex 1x C tube/tail.

Below are twist tails available for the C-Flex either in a solid aluminum twist tail or with a Mc2Es two stage twist switch. These switches include a removable threaded lanyard attachment. The threads in the tail also allow for the use of a tripod with a ¼-20 size hole. These tails will be available anodized as well. Rough prototypes are shown in the picture.

dscn22160001cflexbaresoxv5.jpg

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC &

I have the anodized C-Flex available for sales now and will post some of these on the store. For cash buyers please purchase from this thread. Anodizing on these parts cost us $8.50 per part and I am just passing this cost along, so please add $8.50 to the cost of bare aluminum standard parts and adaptors listed below in the first post.

Below is pictured a TnC C-Flex 27mm Black HA complete light.

Below is a C-Flex NAT tube/tail, and a C-Series Adaptor mated with a Surefire M2 head. The anodizing is a close match.

Below is a new C-Flex tube prototype. The unique design on this tube with the 3D milling creates a prismatic effect that doesn't show in the photograph.

dscn22260001cflexbarepres3.jpg

Last edited:

nitnapz

Enlightened

i received my TnC baby last week and programmed it within an hour or so. Subsequently, I cannot stop playing with it, and programming the strobe on your bed when pointing up at the ceiling would either blind you or trip you out. i see stars. anywho, i thought i would glow powder it, i went with green, but maybe i'll make a blue disk.

FlupicV2.2 is difficult to understand, but all in all, it's more of a personal light as it may get thrown off procedures or brightness levels if someone is just clicking away. so to me, this is not an idiot proof light, but if understood, could be a very practical light. right now i use procedure 4.

brightness1
brightness4
brightness10
strobe
beacon
--
supreme king's crown detail.
DSC02326.jpg

--
DSC02327.jpg

--
size proportion vs BB pearl
DSC02337.jpg

--
ghetto disk with glowpowder and cellophane(sp?) tape and punched with hole punch, stretched a little for perfect fit
DSC02332.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02335.jpg

all in all, using 3300mah from AW's Clion is awesome !

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice touch with the glow powder :thumbsup:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's a couple pics with the Surefire KT TH. The color matching is much better than shown in the pics. I'll try to list our NAT C-Flex parts on the store today. We are getting the Black HA C-Flex parts anodized again because they didn't pass our standards. The top pick has a 1x C tube with the integrated tail and a 1x C extender with a C-Series adaptor. The bottom pic is the same without the 1x C extender.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've decided to go ahead and just lower the price on the C-Flex HA-NAT tubes as shown in the link below. I've lowered the tube price by $8.50 due to (3) ano pin holes by the tail end. We paid that cost on these but instead of racking the parts on the ID they racked them on the OD in the anodizing process leaving these small marks. Doing parts over is a sketchy affair at best as often the parts come back much worse. Other than the small rack marks these tubes look very nice IMO.

TnC C-Flex 1x C battery tube with clicky [HA-Natural]

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm, B1, a call?

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eric, I have a few setups of BBHs (Big Bulk Heads) for use in throw lights. They have always produced a spot image for great distances. One of these uses a TNc tube and, while looking like a wineglass, really does get the beam out in a most compact package. I'd like to see what might be a possibility with thicker battery tube to produce a more balanced package.

I have recently been using some of AW's "C" LIons to power Aspherical Mags and, I would like to use them in a modular setup with the BBH and possibly a Cree for some outstanding throw. Now, we all know the limitations of the Aspherical combinations--99% all throw and virtually no spill. I want it all!! Can you suggest a can that will give me great throw with the BBH but with some usable spill--this, combined with the "C" will give me some great performance both in output and runtime.

Karl

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've taken some custom milled tubes off "ON HOLD" at the bottom of the first post. I had a no show on these.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your interest. I am not happy with the beam from the Cree through the BBH. The best setup right now for throw would be with a Seoul. The Seouls really don't like to be driven too hard so I'd suggest a 1amp driver. I don't think you'd want to go with a lower drive level since it wouldn't make a lot of sense to me to have a 3" head unless you were going to maximize the output. I have a few options at 1amp. I have TnC Canister USW0H SSC LED and Flupic Driver 1amp burst. Or if you prefer a warmer tint I can build these in V0. You can go with a standard flupic with a burst at DD, but burst would have to be for momentary use only TnC Canister USW0H SSC LED and Flupic Driver or TnC Canister USV0H SSC LED and Flupic Driver. If you don't like flupics the only options for using Li-ions and a single stage would be a SDC1000 which is a SuperDownConverter at 1amp by MJ, or I have DB1000 boards I can build as well.

We have the new K2s and are playing with them, but it's too soon for me to know whether these will work better in this setup even though you can drive them harder. Either way they will work in the BBH since there is adjustment available with the canisters.

My favorite beam to date in the BBH is our X bin cans TnC Canister XY0S 750mA Boost 3.7v - 6v. The beam isn't needle like throw, but it's generous and very appealing.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a few spare C Li-ion cells I could sell at cost with the purchase of C-Flex setups if that's hanging anyone up.

We are going to build some standard cell solutions using the C-Flex, whether it be a battery carrier for multiple AAAs, sub C cells or whatever. We built spacers so you can use regular C cells in the C-Flex tubes now, I'll be listing those some time this month. Actually these spacers would work to convert any AW C Li-ion tube to standard C. That will give guys the ability to drive the new K2 or Crees harder than 3.6v if they want and many other options.

mfrey

Enlightened

Do you have an estimate as to when the black HA versions will be available?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

They have been at the anodizers a long time. They should be back any time.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

We are going to build some standard cell solutions using the C-Flex, whether it be a battery carrier for multiple AAAs...
With so many people looking for C Li-ions, there's got to be a market for 3AAA->C series adapters. Maybe one with removable/swappable anode buttons and include a shorty for normal C cell applications and a 5mm longer one for AW C Li-ion applications? :crackup:

BTW Eric... order just placed for more SF series goodies.

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened

a 1x C tube with the integrated tail and a 1x C extender with a C-Series adaptor.

What's the over all length of the above pix?
Can you make a 2C body like this :drool::drool::drool:
TnC_2C.jpg

a 1x 2C tube with the integrated tail and a 1x C-Series adaptor.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Paul,

That's approximately 7.85".

Yes we could make a 2xC cell tube like your picture but we couldn't make a 1xC tube plus a 1xC extender like that. The reason is there wouldn't be enough metal to support the threads at the juncture without the extra girth. If we made a 2xC tube without an extender, it would work but we don't see the demand for making these at this time. The extra girth at those threads is actually nice in the hands IMO, as they aren't as thick perhaps as they look. If the relief was lower I think it would be a little slick to hold on to.

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened

Hi Bogus1,

I don't see any problem at all. Just think it's a "stretched" 1xC tube that can hold 2 Cs. You can add as many extenders as you want.

Last edited:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does RipOffs have holster options for these larger bodies?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you have an estimate as to when the black HA versions will be available?

I have a package waiting. I have my fingers crossed these are in my PO box I'll be checking today. Apparently the anodizing came out nice this time.

gswitter, we are considering building a AAA adaptor. I guess I should check if there is interest first.

Hi KeyGrip, I'm still checking on this. Sorry for the slow response.

JohnTz

Enlightened

Do you offer a complete light from this series. i am interested in one with the bubble tube. please let me know.

Latest posts