FS (Dark Sucks): Titanium Pocket Clip + GITD for Surefire, Solarforce, Elzetta, etc.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Was looking for the best way to attach a lanyard to a new 6P body and found this thread. I can live with or without a clip most of the time but this is perfect because it gives me a lanyard attachment point along with a well executed Ti clip in case I need it. Very nice offering!

:paypal:

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Got my clips yesterday and they are nice. The oveready 6P is so new I am still waiting on the light engine I intend to put in. Have had it out a couple times with a spare Nailbender SST-50, but to me it felt incomplete without a strap. Problem solved. The 6P is going to be a nice setup but I am a little bummed about what I've read about cerakote since I bought it. These are hardly ever in stock but I saw one early on a sunday morning and thought to myself, it's now or never and took the plunge. Really nice looking but we'll see if the cerakote holds up.

The zebralight requires some explanation. The clip does fit perfectly, but some mod will need to be done in order to make contact between the tailcap and the body of the light, since inserting the clip will put a space where there wasn't one previously. I found that one ring from any P60 dropin fits pretty well in the bottom of the tailcap - I had to flatten it out and compress it a little to fit, but it fits pretty well. Aluminum foil also works but is a little hard to get the right thickness. I also want to try a solder coil because it would be much more flexible than the spring coil, but have not had a chance to try it. For now the spring coil works great and gives good contact.

The top of the clip is a perfect spot to attach a 5 mm split ring and then a lanyard. The clip is smooth enough to attach a lanyard directly to it, but over time the edges are square enough that it could be an issue. Split ring gives extra movement and provides a smooth place for attachment.

Works for me, thanks Jason!

737mech

Enlightened
I just tried to order a clip but couldn't get to the PayPal page because yout site said it was experincing difficulties...

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add one more to your list Jason!

Fit's like a freak'in glove on a Malkoff MD3 or MD4 body!

CIMG2187resized.jpg

CIMG2188resized.jpg

Note: I posted the photos in the Malkoff Junkie thread as well!

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jason,

Can you give me an indication as to the size of the mounting ring on these clips? Inner and outer Diameter would be nice...it will make it easier for me to determine if they will fit a host I have or not.

Thanks,

- Matt

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geeze, you must have big pockets :)

:broke: ... Nope, all I got is lint in my pockets! ... :devil: ... Btw, I emailed Gene Malkoff (and attached the photos) to give him a heads up on your clip! He's having a problem with the supplier who makes the clips that attaches to the MD body's shroud, so maybe give him a call!

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG. I read the entire thread looking for that before I posted and somehow missed that one, clear line. I blame reading it on my phone :-/

Thanks!

archer6817j

Enlightened
Clips are back in stock (noted in the original post!) and I added an image with the hole dimensions if other people want to measure for their application.

Here is the same thing :)

SF-clip-dims.jpg

Last edited:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a package from Jason today. Inside was a custom polished version of his normal Surefire clip along with some cell carry tubes. Very satisfied with it :) The finish is nice and butter smooth, much better than the stock raw titanium on the regular clips. I hope he considers making these a stock item for everyone instead of a custom project even if it means a higher price. Below is some pics of it on my Fury. The pics do not do it justice but I will share anyway.

DSCN1772.jpg

DSCN1774.jpg

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey Kyhunter1, thanks for posting those pics :) That Ti is a real bear to polish but looks nice once it's done.

Okay, so a question: does anyone use my clip with a surefire + Oveready McClicky upgrade? I had one customer have a problem with the fit and I'd like to determine if this is a universal fitment issue or not.

Basically it seems like the brass ring of the Oveready adapter must be a little longer than the stock setup and it prevents the tailcap from screwing down as far. Even with the o-ring in place, the tailcap could not be tightened enough to secure the clip and it just flops around loose.

It would be great to get some feedback on this!

Thanks,

Jason

Last edited:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried my clip on a 6P with the McClicky upgrade and had the same problem. Worked just fine on my Fury, and it needed a clip too. Maybe a thicker and tougher o-ring would solve the problem. I tried two o-rings, but when tightening the tailcap down, the extra o-ring just squeezed out. I would also suggest using a thicker titanium for the clips.

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
I use one of your clips on a Surefire 6P with an Oveready McClicky upgrade, and it's my edc light,and no problems with mine fits in my pocket perfect and stays right in place, the cap tightens down perfect. Awesome job on kyhunter1's clip I've see it in person and it's got a real wow factor,great job on it. What about doing a deep carry clip for the Surefire I would like for the clip to let my 6P go down in my pocket just a little bit more like 1/2" more. But no problems with mine it works perfect, with the McClicky set up. Hope this helps. Think about a run of deep carry if you don't mind.

c003.jpg

c001-1.jpg

Last edited: