FS (Dark Sucks): Titanium Pocket Clip + GITD for Surefire, Solarforce, Elzetta, etc.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a working solution to put the clip on my 6P. :) This is the light I intended to use the clip on. I put a thin o-ring under the clip, and a Surefire E series o-ring above the clip. It was a smaller o-ring that was thick and tough enough to not squeeze out. The clip fits tight now with no slipping. As far as using the clip with a Oveready McClicky modded z41, it is just a matter of finding the right o-ring.

DSCN1776.jpg

DSCN1777.jpg

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought some may want to know, if you use a dremel and gently open up the clip an extra 0.18mm or so it fits the NovaTacs too. Here is one of the ones I received Saturday on my 120P.

Also, the HDS clip fits nicely on the Zebra SC600 too without mods.

Jamie

archer6817j

Enlightened
Does it break the electrical path in the tailcap? I'm referring to the problem mentioned in this post. If not then this will be next on my purchase list! :)

Yes it does break the electrical path. On my Zebra I put a drop of solder inside the tailcap (near the base of the spring) instead of foil, but you'll have to some up with some solution to make the connection.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it break the electrical path in the tailcap? I'm referring to the problem mentioned in this post. If not then this will be next on my purchase list! :)

Yes, if you follow that thread, I posted how I fixed it on my SC600w.

Jason,

Your clips are GREAT! I polished the ones on my SS Eiger and 120P and brush finish on my SC600w.

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
Tonight while getting out of my vehicle my clip got snagged on the seat and this was the outcome.

b002.jpg

b001.jpg

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. Did it bend back into place? Surprised titanium would do that so easily..

archer6817j

Enlightened

Ouch! These clips are actually pure titanium, not an alloy, so the material is comparatively soft. On the plus side it has excellent fatigue strength and should bend back to it's original condition without much fuss. If you'd like some pointers on how to get it nice a flat let me know. Basically a hammer and a couple blocks of wood should do the trick. You might get away with just using a pair of pliers if you are careful. Of course you'll have to remove the clip from the light in any event. You could also reduce the "stick out" of the point (bend it flatter) if you think it will continue to be a problem. If it looks like a total loss or would like some off-line advice please email me.

Curious, did the light come out of your pocket? I actually intend the clips to bend...which may be misguided on my part...but I generally feel it's better for the clip to fail before it destroys something else like the upholstery on your (or someone else's) seat. Right now I'm looking at 4 other pocket clips on my desk and the angle on the tip is much more conservative. Do you guys think I should put less bend on it to reduce the snagging hazard?

Glock 22

Enlightened
I bent it back fairly easy pretty much the way you said, and actually got more spring pressure by bending the clip just a little more; it looks good as new. My light stayed in my pocket when it happened. It didn't tear the seat in the vehicle either. I think that where the lanyard ring hole is should be a bit more solid. If you put less bend, it wouldn't slide in and out of your pocket as easily. I wish you could come up with a better o-ring solution, because after some use mine did start squeezing out.

Ouch! These clips are actually pure titanium, not an alloy, so the material is comparatively soft. On the plus side it has excellent fatigue strength and should bend back to it's original condition without much fuss. If you'd like some pointers on how to get it nice a flat let me know. Basically a hammer and a couple blocks of wood should do the trick. You might get away with just using a pair of pliers if you are careful. Of course you'll have to remove the clip from the light in any event. You could also reduce the "stick out" of the point (bend it flatter) if you think it will continue to be a problem. If it looks like a total loss or would like some off-line advice please email me.

Curious, did the light come out of your pocket? I actually intend the clips to bend...which may be misguided on my part...but I generally feel it's better for the clip to fail before it destroys something else like the upholstery on your (or someone else's) seat. Right now I'm looking at 4 other pocket clips on my desk and the angle on the tip is much more conservative. Do you guys think I should put less bend on it to reduce the snagging hazard?

archer6817j

Enlightened
I bent it back fairly easy pretty much the way you said, and actually got more spring pressure by bending the clip just a little more; it looks good as new. My light stayed in my pocket when it happened. It didn't tear the seat in the vehicle either. I think that where the lanyard ring hole is should be a bit more solid. If you put less bend, it wouldn't slide in and out of your pocket as easily. I wish you could come up with a better o-ring solution, because after some use mine did start squeezing out.

Any "after" photos ;) ?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
archer6817j said:
Do you guys think I should put less bend on it to reduce the snagging hazard?

I don't know much about working with Ti, but would it be possible to make the tip rounded and blunt like on some pen clips?

d0362688-e414-1e92.jpg

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

yifu

Enlightened
PP sent for 1 titanium clip! Transaction ID: 01N13195H3831242U
Hope this works ok with a McClickied tailcap on a Z2. The gap is a bit tighter with the McClicky than with the stock Z41 twisty.

uncle wong

Newly Enlightened
Dark Sucks pocket clip compatible for Peak EL Capitan / Logan Short Pocket Style ?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried one on my SF Fury, and the O-ring squeezes out between the body of the light and the clip. If I unscrew the tailcap to prevent this, the clip is too loose. Any tricks to prevent this?

Diablo_331

Enlightened
dano said:
Tried one on my SF Fury, and the O-ring squeezes out between the body of the light and the clip. If I unscrew the tailcap to prevent this, the clip is too loose. Any tricks to prevent this?

Maybe a thicker or smaller diameter o-ring would help you.

archer6817j

Enlightened

Are you putting the o-ring underneath the clip? It won't work if it's on top. Does it happen with both o-rings?

If that's not the issue you can try unscrewing the cap so it's locked out, click the switch on, and then screw that cap back in till the light turns on. That will give you the maximum gap where the light still operates. If that's not it...well, round two. I know of a few people that are using the clip with a Fury so hopefully there is some solution. If not, you can send it back.

Last edited: