• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics! $30 - Special till 1/2/06

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 3 Remaining FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

The RAW ORB DDs the UYOJ emitters. Anyways, the FLuPIC uses a LDO regulator so it is safe to put 4.2V as input...

Marc

Newly Enlightened

Got mine today, this thing is pretty cool. :rock:

Geogecko

Enlightened
Re: FS: 2 FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

I assume it will be a few more days for me, since I'm in the US.

However, I haven't seen nor heard a peep out of Warren lately, so who knows when I'll be getting the JILs to install them in... =(

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Keep your hopes up for within this week! ...Warren...hasn't replied to me either!

Marc

Newly Enlightened

At first I couldn't figure out how to set the high-mode since the light always blinked once (eg: setting low-mode) and I didn't know how to get it to blink twice. After a while, I discovered that in order to set the high-mode, you need to let the low-mode cycle through and then it will blink twice. Had some flickering problem also, I think it's because that the retaining ring wasn't tight down enough. I'll keep an eye for that.

I was wondering: is there a voltage cut-off? or if I let it on will it drain/overdischarge my RCR2?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Marc,

Yes, tighten the retaining ring so it's pretty tight. Don't be afraid to do that as it is the only electrical path to the body and heat transfer will be much better.

Once you figure everything out, it should be easy to use. I usually keep it on mode 4 and don't change from that too often. =P Cheers!

There is a cutoff voltage at 2V but that is a little low for the battery. When the battery gets to 2.7V, it is DD with the lux so it gets pretty dim. You should know when you should top off the battery. Maybe should make it a habit to top the battery off ever so often because short cycles will make the battery last a lot longer. Thanks!

Last edited:

AW

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: 2 Remaining FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

Got mine today ! Thanks!

One question, where is the boost mode ? I only have low/high .

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is default on simple mode, like mode 1...you have to switch to user mode 4 for low, high and burst. I think you are fimilar with that =P

AW

Newly Enlightened

GS,

Can you post the manual again ? Thanks!
This board makes the Jil DD much more fun to play with :).
I 'm very happy with this!

AW

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast

AW, here's a 1 pager colour-coded.

Paul

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened

I hate to be the "village idiot"...But I guess it comes with the territory of my still being not only a relatively new "Flashaholic"...but also a complete dunce when it comes to electronics. Anyway, with a lot of the lingo in this thread still being somewhat "Greek" to me...I got a couple of questions...

I just received a Jil 1.3 (up)...Great little light...very nice beam. Carried it on my keychain today and really loved it. Now I've also got a Raw on the way including a charger and several spare RCR2's. I've gotten quite used to using R123's (both protected and unprotected) with many of my other, smaller lights...and I would prefer to use RCR2's if possible with the Jil 1.3 up.

So here are my 2 bottom line questions...

As relates to this thread, is there anything I can/should do to even further improve my Jil 1.3 (up)? (Improved brightness, able to use R123's)?

And is it possible for me to use R123's in the Jil 1.3 (up) in its current, stock form?

Thanks...

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can make a JIL 1.3W drop in sandwhich which gives you the ability to use RCR2 and increased brightness, 600ma on high and up to 1A on burst.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have =P

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lips said:
:popcorn:

Snail Mail ...

Sucks...i know. I order stuff and experience that as well! In time you shall get it =P It will be worth the wait!

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened

I can make a JIL 1.3W drop in sandwhich which gives you the ability to use RCR2 and increased brightness, 600ma on high and up to 1A on burst.
That sounds good to me...Just tell me how much and where to send it.

BTW-Little bits and pieces of info are slowly starting to sink in...The longer I hang around (and the more money I spend) the more I'm inclined (and incented) to learn... As much $$$ as I've dropped in the past month alone, I damn well better start learning something! ;)