• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Silver McLux 917's *SOLD*

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s *SOLD*

Jody,

Glad you got it and like it! Thanks. I haven't kept one for myself yet and every time I fire one of these up prior to shipping them out....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Don

GrayFox

Newly Enlightened

Sigh,

I guess the creek is up and the mailman can't cross...heavy rain tomorrow and day after, I guess it's going to be a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also put in an order for one of the 2x battery packs from the sandwich shoppe, they are almost out.

Tick, Tick, Tick...

--Jerry

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

<font color="red"> WOW!!! </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

My 917 was waiting for me and I dropped in a couple of spanking new Duracells, screwed it on to my McLux 2x123 body and fired it up.

Utterly beautiful. Smooth, crisp-edged, clear spill with a scorching white brightspot. White, white light. My McLux is gorgeous lit or unlit. Yep, bicycle cablelock goes on it tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This creams every other 2x123 Luxeon I've seen as well as the 3x123 SL TL-3 LED (5 watter). Thank you for making it.

Well worth every penny! Looking forward to your next offering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC

McGizmo

Flashaholic

BC,

I'm glad you got it and are happy with it as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GrayFox,

I don't know what to say. I understand that some Luxeons get stronger when confined in mailing boxes. Perhaps your wait will be worth it. Then again, perhaps I'm full of processed consumables. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened

These sound soooo nice!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gifPlease, everyone in Don's life, give him a break so he can build some more!

By the way, I agree the 917 was the greatest race car ever. When the only way that you can keep a car from winning is to change the rules, you know it was great.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Dave,

Check back here in 24 hours.............

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hey,

It's not 24 hours yet but there is something in the oven.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daz

Newly Enlightened

Hey kz1000s1 you wont be disappointed with this beauty.Just got mine and it is superb(as are all of McGizmos creations) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

I suspect this flurry of McGizmo activity is somehow related to the delays in the bridge arrival and an immediate need for cash for the PK1 auction.

Am I close? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In any case, if what you have in the oven is a Silver McLux 5W [X3T?] PR, I will happily donate more to your cause.

rumar

Newly Enlightened

Don,

Is that a something or somethings? Well, no matter. I can't buy anything until payday anyway. Put me on the list after Friday...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Guys...

I just talked to Don. (Discussing the logistics for the delivery of his bridge, etc.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also got a heads up on what`s cooking in his oven. All I can say is....get your wallets out (once again) and stay alert!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D-LIGHT

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
<font color="red"> WOW!!! </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

My 917 was waiting for me and I dropped in a couple of spanking new Duracells, screwed it on to my McLux 2x123 body and fired it up.

Utterly beautiful. Smooth, crisp-edged, clear spill with a scorching white brightspot. White, white light. My McLux is gorgeous lit or unlit. Yep, bicycle cablelock goes on it tonight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This creams every other 2x123 Luxeon I've seen as well as the 3x123 SL TL-3 LED (5 watter). Thank you for making it.

Well worth every penny! Looking forward to your next offering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC

[/ QUOTE ]
What he said. The only thing that comes close is my Space Needle. Thanks Don.

dallas

Newly Enlightened

Hope you make a lot of these. Feeding frenzy. Hope I get one.

rdf

Newly Enlightened

Don, the 917 arrived today. Thanks! I appreciate the super-fast shipping, too. I hate to sound repetitive, but just like every other recent purchaser has said -- This light is amazing, both in output and in build quality.

Any more hints about "what's in the oven?" Might need to recharge the Paypal battery .....

Thanks again,

Russ

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Then I guess I should stop ****ing around here on the forum and solder the leads to the LED's and see how these things work.................

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s (couple more)

Hi guys,

Well I started out making 5 more 917 but for some reason one of the converter boards isn't pulling enough current? This was caught prior to installing it so no worries; just a dead E-can/ converter. That leaves 4 that are available. There is one added bump. I bead blasted two of these. The blasted units have the bright bezel cap but the head is blasted, much like the original McLux heads. I am not charging extra for these nor do I plan to do more of them.

By my reckoning,

kz1000s1 wants one of the bead blasted units

Next up is dallas and he gets his chioce.

that leaves two available, finish not known on one of them, the other is plain bright raw Al.

I am more than willing to send one to rumar if he wants to pay for it next week; his call.

So maybe only one is really available??!?

Anyway,

Please post your wishes here and E-mail me your current mailing address so I can get these off to you, A.S.A.P.

Thanks guys,

- Don

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s (couple more)

I'd like a bead blasted if available.