• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Silver McLux 917's *SOLD*

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s (couple more)

GJW,

Let's see what dallas has to say. It may be that none of these are left.

Oh yeah, FlashlightCOD, these are all 917's. I am pretty much done now with the raw Al heads that I kep back and likely won't be building any thing more until I get some black HA heads and that's down the road a bit. I only have a couple X3T's left and I am saving them for the future.

Silveraxe

Newly Enlightened

I would like to be put on the bead-blasted list ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Oh yeah, FlashlightCOD, these are all 917's ... I only have a couple X3T's left and I am saving them for the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well ... I'm sure the 917 you already sold me will hold me over until the X3T supply becomes more abundant. The 917 will hopefully arrive in today or tomorrow's mail.

Thanks Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

- Dave

GrayFox

Newly Enlightened

Aha,

It finally arrived! A quick dark room check shows a tight white beam.

Won't be able to check throw till tonight.

PayPal sent.

--Jerry

Just took the garbage out and took the light for a walk around the yard.
This puppy throws *much* better than my other five watt lights!

Ummm, delicious. My gut instinct says it is going to outhrow my E2 MN03. Does anyone have any numbers on these puppies?

dallas

Newly Enlightened

Alright!! I'll take the last one. Thanks. e-mail on its way.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Dallas,

I got your e-mail and PP but my response to your e-mail was bounced back!?!?!? I NEED to know if you are getting the bead blasted head or bright head?? I will re state what's available after you let me know as well as put your head 917 in the mail. Please advise!!

Thanks,
Don

Alan Hsu

Enlightened

Though mine (with DB1000) won't arrive till next week, I'm sure it will outhrow MN03 is an E2. But how about P60?

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Alan,

I think you will find the beam to be tighter and a bit brighter than the P60.

I am waiting on confirmation from dallas but I believe he will be getting a bright 917 (this is asuming that the e-mail I sent him goes through. If not and you read this dallas, please confirm that a bright is OK??). If that's the case, there will be one bright and the one bead blasted left.

GJW has requested a bead blasted as has silveraxe. At best there will be one and it will be GJW's if he wants. If dallas turns out preferring the beadblasted then there is none available. I have also received some e-mails from folks who haven't posted here. Trying to keep track and be *fair* here is a PITA.

I am going to wait until the dust settles here and then re post what's available, if anything and go from there.

There is no list for future builds.

- Don

rumar

Newly Enlightened

Don,

Am I still in? Unfortuanately in the real world, Mortegage and SUV payments trump hobbies..

Paypal waiting.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Status update: After numerous failed attempts to confirm a bright head for dallas, since his last communication to me stated either one, I have sent him a bright head.

So, The remaining bead blasted head is available to GJW if he confirmes that he wants it sometime today? And please send me an E-mail with mailing address and identify the head as well as your CPF handle (this can really be confusing guys!!)

The remaining bright head is available for rumar. Please E-mail me with your address and again identify yourself please.

Thanks and sorry if I have come off as grumpy!

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic

rumar,

Your 917 is now in the mail.

Only the bead blasted head I have been holding for GJW is left. If I don't get some type of confirmation from him, preferably an E-mail with mailing address, today, it will be up for grabs.

Thanks everyone!

- Don

Silveraxe

Newly Enlightened

Just to make sure, I am still interested in a bead blasted head if your current deals fall through. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If I have to keep hearing about how good the McLux is without owning one I will go mad !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Silveraxe,

If we don't hear from GJW by tomorrow, this one is for you. I don't plan to bead blast any more of these but if GJW does go for this one, I will build you a bright one out of my back up stock (I think I have two heads that I was keeping for any ideas that came up). Either way, you will be covered.

- Don

kz1000s1

Enlightened

Thanks for the prompt shipping Don! The 917 arrived today and everyone was right, it sure does throw. It's performance isn't much different than a Scorpion's though with a little dimmer and tighter hotspot. The color is slightly blue, but nice. With the head bead blasted it looks great and goes better than I thought it would with Surefire HA. I still have to save up for a Mclux 2x123 body. Here's a photo
mclux917_l4_01.jpg

Silveraxe

Newly Enlightened

That would be great Don, I'll email ya for details on payment and to find out which one I am getting.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s *SOLD*

OK,

GJW gets the bead blasted and Silveraxe will get a bright head built from my back up stash. Thanks everybody!

- Don

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
kz1000s1 said:... I still have to save up for a Mclux 2x123 body ...

[/ QUOTE ]

It will look great with the McLux 2x123, but just so you know, it also looks pretty darn good on a Satin Grey E2e body. The Satin Grey E2e's are also slightly cheaper than the regular E2e's.

The last time I checked, the Sandwiche Shop only has 3x123 power packs left ... but that combo also looks great and will give you a longer run-time.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Silver McLux 917\'s *SOLD*

Thank you, Don, for making up all these lights for us. The 917 kicks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC